The Student Room Group

Is Runshaw College anti-social

Hi, I have got conditional offer from Runshaw and i am a bit confused. I've heard that Runshaw has anti-social environment. Is it true?
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Original post by ashers0031
Hi, I have got conditional offer from Runshaw and i am a bit confused. I've heard that Runshaw has anti-social environment. Is it true?

Will you refuse to go to College if you realised that Runshaw was anti-social?
Reply 3
Original post by Wired_1800
Will you refuse to go to College if you realised that Runshaw was anti-social?

I have conditional offers from two other colleges too but I am not sure which one to pick so yeahm
I have conditional offers from two other colleges too but I am not sure which one to pick so yeahm

Go for the one that you like the most. You asked specifically about Runshaw as if it was your only option.
Reply 5
Original post by Wired_1800
Go for the one that you like the most. You asked specifically about Runshaw as if it was your only option.

Sorry for confusion.
Reply 6
hi i went to runshaw from 2019-2021. i’m from preston so in comparison to colleges there (e.g. newman) i guess you could say it is kind of secluded?

it’s not like you can just walk into town or anything from there (there is a spoons and mcdonald’s somewhere but i never went tbh), in terms of getting to and from college there’s only really the college bus system they provide meaning if you live far you can’t just leave and come back if that’s your way of transport.

I didn’t feel like that impacted me much, the food variety was plenty for lunch and breaks. me and my group of friends were more than happy to chill in the social areas, it’s a big college so there’s lots of places.

hopefully that helps, if it’s important for you to be in the centre of the town / city then maybe reconsider other colleges? other than that, i survived with what was there!
Reply 7
Thanks that really helped me to decide.
Reply 8

I’m currently at Runshaw, personally wouldn’t recommend it. The commute and the college in general isn’t worth it, I’d recommend sticking to a sixth form/ college in your town as it’d make it more convenient and easier for you.
Reply 9
Original post by walzeed
I’m currently at Runshaw, personally wouldn’t recommend it. The commute and the college in general isn’t worth it, I’d recommend sticking to a sixth form/ college in your town as it’d make it more convenient and easier for you.

Thanks a lot for your advice

Its true

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending