The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
AliceJemima
Hi People :smile:
I was reading all your posts below and some of you know quite abit about the scholoship process, Im looking to gain a scholoship in The USA for womens soccer, so do any of you know if its harder for women to gain them? ive played football for 10 years and most recently southampton ladies, im not to fussed if i play in lower leagues im just looking to play in America for the experience of a lifetime :smile:
Any help would be great???
Thanks
Alice x
P.S Im looking to play in the California area :smile:

As I posted earlier, the best place to start would be www.collegeboard.com. This site allows you who to do a very detailed search. I would do these detailed search to find a university that will have everything you need. From there, I would check out their websites and contact the coaches. It'll be the best way to go.

As for the ease of gaining a scholarship, it will really depend on the school and your talent and grades. It does tend to be easier for men as women's football is well developed in the US with an excellent reputation. It is definitely possible though.
Thanks for the input,
what about the scholoship programmes ive found a company that say they give you trials in The US in july then from there the coaches chppses if they want you or not, im still wary of doing it bercuase of all the stuff ive read about some of the sites not being real and i dont wants to be ripped off lol, im too confuses haha . I need help!!! :smile:
Reply 22
AliceJemima
Thanks for the input,
what about the scholoship programmes ive found a company that say they give you trials in The US in july then from there the coaches chppses if they want you or not, im still wary of doing it bercuase of all the stuff ive read about some of the sites not being real and i dont wants to be ripped off lol, im too confuses haha . I need help!!! :smile:

I would really contact the coaches at the universities you're interested in. That would be much safer. Also, talk to your coaches at home. They should be able to help.
Reply 23
Hi i am currently studying in America on a athletic scholarship, i am based at the academy of art university in San Francisco, which has just started a athletic program. they are looking for players in mens and women soccer. This is the best art school around offering fashion, graphic design, Motion pictures television, multimedia and communications and many more. I am a captain and the goalkeeper and we are looking for mature players who have good footballing experience and can play. you should check the website out academyartathletics.com
Reply 24
mace1212
hi, i was just wondering if anyone has heard of athletesusa. there a scholarship agency and just wondering if there a scam or not

I am currently with athletesusa i highly reccomend them and i can confirm they are not a fraud!
Reply 25
Hi, I have been accepted on an exchange to UT Austin. I was wondering if anyone could go into more detail about the differences between football at say Austin and in the UK BUCS league?

Will there be any soccer teams that I could play in if I did not make the 1sts? I ask because I get the impression Americans take their soccer more seriously at college than we do.
Original post by Same Difference
Here is the deal guys. Im 17 from the UK and I am interested in a soccer scholarship in the US. (Mostly because I want a change of lifestyle:cool: and would like to develop my sporting ability while striving for academic success:rolleyes: . Im unmotivated at the minute as this seems to be the only option that appeals to me)
I realise I would need a scholarship to cover the costs of studying there which is mostly down to my sporting ability but could you help me by giving me a bit of imput on the academic side which is really my main priority.

My GCSE results are pretty good(5A*, 4A) I've just finished my AS levels and naturally will be hoping for As at A2 level. I have been considering pusuing law and i think this is post grad in US but
I've researched a bit and correct me if i'm wrong I could do a 4 year undergraduate course majoring in a particular field like History in the states.

If I achieved good resuts in SAT tests, do you think good universities would consider me ?
I havent played international soccer so would better grades give me a much better chance of a scholarship or is it mostly based on athletic ability alone?
Do any of you know what are the best universities I could apply to outside the ivy league ones, the ones which are generally percieved to be most attractive taking lifestyle into condideration also?

:woo:
I know its a complicated process hence this messy post but any advice would be invaluable. Here is a list of the top soccer colleges but I havn't a notion which ones would suit me academically and would be realitic choices.
http://web1.ncaa.org/app_data/weeklyrpi/2008MSOrpi1.html
For those familiar with US colleges could you offer any insight. It would be greatly appreciated
:smile:

Hey wondered how you got on with your soccer scholarship. Did you go ahead with the USA soccer or did you take another route. Thanks :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending