The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
maths by far the easiest (if you're good at it), i don't think i have ever revised for maths
Reply 2
The sciences, if you memorise CGP, you will get an A*
All of them except art.
business studies :P
imo, the GCSEs that require the least amount of effort (but not necessarily the easiest) would be the Sciences, Maths. As with those subjects (again imo) you only need to remember a couple of formulas and you should be OK!

I think it's the essay based subjects (History, English Lit etc) which require the most effort. As you need to be analytical etc, something which requires more effort.
Reply 6
For me? Music. I did it in a year, with minimum effort, but that's because I'd been learning performance and theory since i was very young.

Also maths GCSE, but again, I had the advantage of it seeming easier because I was doing the AS at the same time. And I guess, Chemistry and Biology, because those GCSEs were just easy...

I suppose it's different for everyone though :smile:.
for most subjects you can memorise the revision guide and get an A*. That's why it annoys me when people say art or drama or stuff like that are 'easy options' because there you actually have to work and put effort in to get a decent grade. The only one I really put much effort into was graphics.
So in order of least to most effort (not really easiest to hardest though) I think its maths and sciences, then languages, then humanities and english, then arty ones.
Reply 8
'Business & Communication Systems' and R.E, A* in both with no effort!
French, Media, Double Science are a doss. I mean you do have to work a tiny bit but they are quite easy I find.
jenny28
'Business & Communication Systems' and R.E, A* in both with no effort!

Oh yeah, RE. :yep:
Reply 11
R.s
Reply 12
Norbertnorbert
business studies :P

I'd quite happily agree with this.

But then also it does completely depend on the person - I know plenty of people who'd say that Art was a doss whereas I found that a lot of work, and then there are some people who breeze through science and maths and others who need to work a lot harder for them. All goes on how your mind works so I think anything you say is a bit of a generalisation.
If you're fairly good at it, Maths. Easily.
Reply 14
Business studies,the only revision i did was 2 hours before the exam, and i still got an A*.All you need is good exam technique and common sense.Also,if you're good at maths it's very easy as long as you do every past paper. Also,geography is too easy,the only thing you have to do is learn a few case studies and then use your common sense.
Reply 15
Maths was pretty easy....it was the only subject I didn't revise for and still got an A* in :smile:
Sciences, due to the lack of content and low grade boundaries.
Reply 17
MOST GCSEs are just about memory, apart from vocational/practical style ones, like art, music, design. Also languages can be a little more than just rote learning. Everything else is swallowing a syllabus and jumping through the hoops. If you cant pass a science GCSE and mentally considered normal, then you are simply lazy.
im so academic
Name them. :smile:

maths
RE is notoriously easy ...

Latest