The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
None of the above.
Reply 21
I put some time aside for a social life, some time aside for work and a bit of time aside for procrastination, and then spent the rest of the time working my butt off as much as I could. Hopefully it paid off [it did last year], but I won't find out until August.
Reply 22
Third option, but don't know how the exams went.
nuodai
I put some time aside for a social life, some time aside for work and a bit of time aside for procrastination, and then spent the rest of the time working my butt off as much as I could. Hopefully it paid off [it did last year], but I won't find out until August.

what option did you choose, the 4th I'm guessing?
worked well throughout they year...revised like a month before ,crammed for some psych re-take... but all in all i think i did okay not brilliant but i think i've made it into my uni.
Reply 25
I voted for #1.
Reply 26
cruciform
what option did you choose, the 4th I'm guessing?

I picked the 3rd option. I definitely didn't stay up all night and do nothing but work.
did some work, not enough through out the year, wont fail but wont get what i wanted, :frown:
Where's the option for "I did **** all work but will get AAAA anyway because I'm awesome" ?
Reply 29
You should of added another option.
5. Just the night before each exam
yep thats me
Elementric
Where's the option for "I did **** all work but will get AAAA anyway because I'm awesome" ?

no.2:yep:
All, the options work on the premise that you have to work hard to get good grades and if you don't work hard you don't get good grades.
Not very hard at all, mind you it isnt hard to get a C in Media after all is it? :rolleyes:
I failed General studies, because frankly i didnt think it had any relevance to what i wanted to do what so ever, and i was forced into doing it.
Simplicity
All, the options work on the premise that you have to work hard to get good grades and if you don't work hard you don't get good grades.

if you do little work but get good grades you select no.2, there is no way you can do **** all aand get amazing grades, I know someone who works there ass of and just scraped AAA to get into Oxford a couple of years back.
Reply 34
third option although it was actually only till a month to exams that i started
*Miss A*
I didnt do any revsion until the last week or so when it was too late..in the last week before the exams i studied alot, sometimes working all night until 6 in the morning...but frantically trying to put two years worth of work into my head in a week was not clever and i am confident that it hasn't worked for me...gonna wake up on the morning of results and search clearing places!

Blatant Troll
There's no option for doing nout during term-time but then beasting the revision :hmmm:

psychocustard
I did nothing until like the last fortnight before exams, when I realised I knew NOTHING and had better hurry up or I'd fail.

It worked a bit, but I don't think I could do those papers again and do ok. I'm not really looking forward to results, I'm so unsure of how I did!

I'm with these guys.
Well I would say it depends on the subject.
For English Lit - I took it GCSE style :cool: . Just read the texts we were supposed to do a few times then winged the exams and wrote as much I could.
Bio- Memorised textbook cause thats basically biology. No skill involved just knowledge.

Economics was weird- had to revise quite a bit, and same with C1,C2,M1 as AS maths is quite a big step up(for me anyway) from **** GCSE maths for some retarded GCSE. dumbass edexcel .
:rolleyes:
Reply 37
Um, none of the options. I barely revised at all (apart from for maths) yet I definitely do not think I will be "failing".
Started working when study leave began, after which I put in 10 hours a day.
Reply 39
Worked my ass off in Bio cus I learnt jack all from teachers...i think this had a knock off affect on my other subjects....Worked reasonbly hard for chem but could have done better in exam if I spent less time on Bio.....worked reasonable amount on Psych as I only needed 2 Cs on each paper to get a B for the overall A-Level. Worked really hard for S1, moderate for C1 and did not do much at all for C2.

Latest