The Student Room Group

Girlfriend isn't contacting me while on holiday

My gf has been in Zante with the girls (I know, so I was already paranoid) and although she went on Monday morning I still haven't heard anything from her. I text her on Monday evening, since I had asked her to send me a text to let me know she'd arrived, and I haven't had a response.

Deep down I know she wouldn't cheat & is just having fun with her friends/ doesn't want to spend money on texts but she is there until next Monday - so should i text again or just leave it? I really want to hear something from her! :s-smilie:

Scroll to see replies

Leave it.
There could be a whole host of innocent reasons as to why she hasn't texted you back! Give it a few days at least, if you're really that paranoid. :top:
Reply 2
It's because she's on holiday.

Chillax.
Maybe theres signal issues?
And on top of that, I know people leave their mobiles in their bags or room alot while on holiday so don't worry about it.
Send another text though asking if shes having fun.
Reply 4
She has been "taken"

just like the movie
There is a number of reasons why she hasn't contacted you. For one, she may not even have coverage (I know mine always ***** up and has no coverage whilst I'm away). Or maybe she's busy just having a good time. It's a drag disappearing off whilst your mates are having fun just to go call your boyfriend. Just get a grip.
Reply 6
That's the thing, I think it's easy if you're the one at home to get too clingy and send too many texts & I don't want to do that. But I would just like something to know she's there and ok and missing me! lol.
Reply 7
Loads of possible reasons why she hasn't been in touch so don't assume the worst. Try and stay relaxed :biggrin:
Reply 8
She's on holiday, maybe she just wants to spend most of her time with friends without having to reassure you? besides I hear texting abroad is somewhat expensive too...
Reply 9
Maybe she doesn't love you any more.
Reply 10
Anonymous
That's the thing, I think it's easy if you're the one at home to get too clingy and send too many texts & I don't want to do that. But I would just like something to know she's there and ok and missing me! lol.

Dude im telling you she has been "taken"...
It's only Tuesday?!
Adrex
She has been "taken"

just like the movie

The main reason I'm a bit scared of going to Paris for New Year is this reason! I'm gonna be pimped out to dodgy fat French men!

*resists urge to make maddie joke*
Her plane crashed. She's dead.
When I was away a couple of months ago, he texted me loads, saying he missed me and wished I was back etc., and he did the same last year when I went away for a week... he was away recently, I texted once, he didn't reply.

I agree with you that it's only too easy to overanalyse if you're the one sat at home thinking 'Oh god why aren't they texting?', whereas when you're the one away you just think 'I'll text later' or you genuinely don't get the text for a while because all the networks are weird. He's away again now and he hasn't texted. I sympathise.
Texting from abroad is expensive - just relax!

It is only Tuesday after all
Reply 16
about time you dump her.
Reply 17
She's on holiday give the woman a break! When you're having fun you just think "I'll text them later" if it isn't something drastically important. Relax.
Reply 18
Don't plague her with texts, she'll reply to the first one you sent if she wants to. No point worrying about what may or may not be happening. If I were on holiday and my boyf plagued me with texts I would get really annoyed.
Reply 19
She's on holiday having fun, leave her be for a day or two. If she was cheating then she probably wouldn't be ignoring you, I just think she's out there having fun. Don't fret and don't come across as clingy - I'm sure she'll text you when she has time :smile:

Also - because phones are useless abroad I usually leave it in the hotel room or somewhere safe - I don't keep it on me. Perhaps she has done the same and is out at the moment?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending