The Student Room Group

Girlfriend isn't contacting me while on holiday

Scroll to see replies

Just send her a short message along the lines of:
hei sweetie,
Sry if I wasn't that pleasant when we last saw :smile:. I hope you're having fun and see you when you get back :-*

You can always talk about the thing with your ex when she gets back.

Btw, if the OP is still keeping an eye on the thread: how did things work out?
Original post by UseYourEyes
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I have a similar issue.

Girlfriend has been away on a girls holiday since yesterday and I have not heard anything from her. Before she went I think she may have thought I was upset (Im not, just had an unpleasant experience with an ex when she went away). Now normally we message each other from when we get up in the morning until we go to sleep at night, however since she left I have not text her at all because I want her to enjoy herself as much as possible without having to bother with carrying around a phone etc.

Im just starting to think though, what if she now thinks that I am annoyed at her for going and see's my lack of contact as proof of this? I don't want her to get the wrong impression and for it to impact on her holiday.

What would you do? Wait for her to message you or send her a text?

Boys and girls opinion welcome, thanks.

Do you want your girlfriend to text you from morning til night when she's abroad? Are you going to pay her £300 phone bill when she gets home then?

She's only been gone since yesterday. She's had to travel, unpack and get settled. She probably hasn't texted because she's been too busy, and no offence but she's probably not sat about getting upset because you're not texting her either. If you want to make contact, maybe just send a friendly text to say hope that she had a good trip and tell her to enjoy herself and you'll look forward to hearing all about it when she gets home.
That's all you need to do.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by sophisticated
Do you want your girlfriend to text you from morning til night when she's abroad? Are you going to pay her £300 phone bill when she gets home then?

She's only been gone since yesterday. She's had to travel, unpack and get settled. She probably hasn't texted because she's been too busy, and no offence but she's probably not sat about getting upset because you're not texting her either. If you want to make contact, maybe just send a friendly text to say hope that she had a good trip and tell her to enjoy herself and you'll look forward to hearing all about it when she gets home.
That's all you need to do.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

No of course I don't want to be texting all day, I thought I had made that clear in my post? Its just the change from what is normal between us and the fact I do not want her to think that I am in any way annoyed etc. Anyway thank you for opinion.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending