The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Some areas that I know have had cheques written by the family.
Reply 581
Daveo
Some areas that I know have had cheques written by the family.
Suppose they still are if they elect to organise it themselves.
Reply 582
hehehe, just read something funny!

A woman who complained about being unable to receive GP appointment reminders by text message was struck off the practice list by text!

Guess who the most complained about NHS organisation was ???!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/8071305/NHS-does-not-learn-from-complaints-ombudsman.html
Reply 583
I have ranked my F2 jobs.... I just have to hope that I don't end up with some of them. Six months of T&O followed by six months of general surgery really doesn't appeal to me :s-smilie:
Reply 584
Original post by randdom
I have ranked my F2 jobs.... I just have to hope that I don't end up with some of them. Six months of T&O followed by six months of general surgery really doesn't appeal to me :s-smilie:

That'll be a top choice for a budding surgeon, wouldn't worry about that.
Reply 585
Original post by Daveo
That'll be a top choice for a budding surgeon, wouldn't worry about that.
I remember being worried about that sort of thing, but then I discovered that my most hated O&G, Paeds, GP, Gerries, Med & Surg was two people's first choice.
Reply 586
Original post by Renal

Original post by Renal
I remember being worried about that sort of thing, but then I discovered that my most hated O&G, Paeds, GP, Gerries, Med & Surg was two people's first choice.

This seems oddly relevant.
Reply 588
Original post by Renal

I fear I might be tempting fate by accepting that invite :frown:
Reply 589
7 night, 2 ALS, 7 earlies.

16 days, 178 hours.

I might have to kill someone.
Reply 590
Original post by Renal

Original post by Renal

My first choice job is geries, GP and O&G, different people like different things I guess!

What are your other jobs this year?
Reply 591
Original post by randdom
My first choice job is geries, GP and O&G,6/1 different people like different things I guess!

What are your other jobs this year?
6/12 Anaes :biggrin:
Reply 592
Bleeding a colleague who is an inpatient because phleb & firm juniors can't face it because it's now looking palliative. :frown:
Reply 593
Original post by Elles
Bleeding a colleague who is an inpatient because phleb & firm juniors can't face it because it's now looking palliative. :frown:
:frown:
Original post by Elles

That always blows. Even now I still hate treating docs or, worse, docs families.

Emotion often erodes logic...
Reply 595
Why the **** do people keep insisting on putting toothpaste on burns? It turns everything into a hideous mess!

Secondly, wtf is with putting icing sugar on a cut?
Reply 596
Original post by Helenia
Why the **** do people keep insisting on putting toothpaste on burns? It turns everything into a hideous mess!

There are two types of people in this world:

A&E staff. And those who are trying to **** us over.
Original post by Helenia

(Sorry for invading!)

Haven't heard of icing sugar but I can testify that salt works, especially on shaving cuts! Stops it bleeding quickly and turns the area into a funny little blob that looks quite pale. Maybe something to do with the osmotic action of the salt?
Reply 598
Original post by digitalis
(Sorry for invading!)

Haven't heard of icing sugar but I can testify that salt works, especially on shaving cuts! Stops it bleeding quickly and turns the area into a funny little blob that looks quite pale. Maybe something to do with the osmotic action of the salt?

Doesn't it hurt like a bitch though?

And this was in a little child - I would have thought they might have tried pressing on it with something clean rather than trying to sprinkle sugar over their face?!?
Reply 599
Worthing for F2 doing geris, O&G and GP which is exactly what I wanted!

Latest

Trending

Trending