The Student Room Group

TSR Veggie Society

To join the society - go to SOCs - and click join the veggie soc - thanks. PS. Sorry but even old members must now REJOIN!

A society for all interested in Vegetarianism, Veganism, Fruitarianism etc.

You can also join if you like your vegetables ... :biggrin:

Please post to join and say if your'e veggie or whatnot:

Members:

Lacto-vegetarian

Falguni (Founder)
Angel_M
unknown1557
VeerHS
indy_punk
Coombe
Nysh
Loulee
House, M.D.
*^_^*hamster*^_^*

Vegan
Stephanie86
carrot_flowers
Doom_and_Gloom
Morgan_filth
Sjay_baby
joeybee
letsgobilliejoe
ellabella
fanofkdc
katwin
almost_chaos
Lawkt
insaneclown
llamapower
SoundDevastation
lindsay40k

Lacto-ovo-vegetarian

Lollirot
cheesecakebobby
twiga
Ramaya
selkie
Haras Sarah
Madelyn
Marvi
dpali
undercover-ange
Gonnabavet
Charlee B
**R**
BlackHawk
Saiyamana
JonnyB
~Jen~
SuperTycoon
Wise Man
xx_Ambellina_xx
PrincE MarkuS
Goddess
Sleep
esd1323
viviki
Hash
Alan Moore
Jayjayjay
*Hythlodaeus*
kazzz
endeavour
Kit_Kat
gonnabavet
bavman
*gemchicken*
Star_ice
sneezyme
Xulfer
Gothic pixie
Vazzyb
Pepaim
Adarah
luce20
jimbobismad
meeesch
Mrs Rickman
~cherrykisses~
Dill
deenirdee
Mad Caddie
AMathStudent
ellomoto
Sopheh
bigluce
yelwalkietalkie
mrcheese
rupalini
~cherrykisses~
rrkmehta
Neapolitan
farenheit
AdamC
tessa
RiOt GiRl
randdom
smorning
Reema
lime3k
lady-flash
faithfulllove
yourjoyismylow
Zaara786
lostdreams
cybercool
rich_
LauraJane14
its_only_me
Jangliss
blah888
Hi_118
-sophie-
crosseyed_cat
andrewslukas
Exoskeletal
rarely_may
gish
promethian_fate
TSR_Princess
jozza
Hoblox
sonal
xxnizxx
Carly1987
Squonk
XX-LJ-XX
BlueAndWhiteOwl
twiga
motoroller
chloe110189
covered farm wagon
norway18
Kowhai
Staveo
Epitomessence
friendsfreak88
michaela_banana
glaucon
Rosie_Fairy
zoea85
LibLord
Djonma
Aria87
starchild
rogue_1012
Wolfgang
Tomber
LittleStarGem
Jayjayjay
Botticello
curryADD
srslysweets
Sunnydazzleeyes
RdotR
blackfish
whatever...
Benn
princesskate
~x~FairyDust~x~
Samputer
k-lee C
JIMMY THE SAINT.
mulletboyjay
Das Neonicle
{Clarabella}
Chana
typedformiles
BlackHawk
sugar_cane
sarbruis
Helena in Bristol

(SEMI-veggie)
eurasianfeline
itsingi
Wanderer
Bubble Fairy
Zuber
RealityIsDull
deej2
sweetlikechocol
benthe
leah_0600
PsychologyJen
emmajcunningham
Fromageball

Honorary Non-veg Members:

me_123
alkaeda
SilverWings
Rebecca/Becca
-sophie-
ayaan
silkymouse1
nabzp
Albinosheeps
bananapolo
~MOi~
Sophdoph
marmalade
Eclipse
InsertName

Enigma101

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
alkaeda - not vegetarian
Reply 2
Falguni
A society for all interested in Vegetarianism, Veganism, Fruitarianism etc.

You can also join if you like your vegetables ... :biggrin:

Please post to join and say if your'e veggie or whatnot:

Falguni - Lacto-vegetarian for about 19 years 10 months

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO sorry~
Yep I am a lacto-ovo-vegetarian. I have been for a year now :cool: . I became a veggie last year right before the world veggie week thing. I became a veggie on the 21st of May 2004. That was my birthday I was 15 then hehe :biggrin: .
Reply 4
KOH
I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO sorry~

very funny! :rolleyes:
Reply 5
Hi there,
im a lacto vegetarian :biggrin:
Hi, I'll join. Standard veggie, need my cheesecake after all.
Reply 7
I'm a lacto-ovo vegetarian.
BTW, is anyone here a "vegetarian-but-I-eat-fish" vegetarian? Just wanted to know the reasons for eating fish etc...not criticising, I've just never really understood why the dicrimination against fish... *shrug* Plus I'm nosy lol.
Lollirot
I'm a lacto-ovo vegetarian.
BTW, is anyone here a "vegetarian-but-I-eat-fish" vegetarian? Just wanted to know the reasons for eating fish etc...not criticising, I've just never really understood why the dicrimination against fish... *shrug* Plus I'm nosy lol.

Far as I'm concerned, thats not vegetarianism at all. Were fish never alive :confused:
Reply 9
Hi may I join please? I'm a normal vegetatian (don't eat meat or fish :smile: )
Reply 10
I'm a vegetarian. I eat eggs but don't drink milk (lactose intolerance)
EDIT: I also don't eat gelatine
Reply 11
cheesecakebobby
Far as I'm concerned, thats not vegetarianism at all. Were fish never alive :confused:

Isn't that a pescarian...
Ramaya
Isn't that a pescarian...

No idea what it is, just what it isn't :biggrin:
Reply 13
But then you can get 'semi-vegetarians' - those who eat white but not red meat. Same can be said for the chickens etc being alive. Too many categories!!!
Reply 14
cheesecakebobby

Yeah, but you're assuming that all vegetarians are vegetarians because they think it's cruel to eat meat, which is not true!

I'm a vegetarian because I just don't like the taste of it. I do however, like the taste of fish, and I like a big hunk of gelatine in my jelly as well :-)
steerpike
Yeah, but you're assuming that all vegetarians are vegetarians because they think it's cruel to eat meat, which is not true!

I'm a vegetarian because I just don't like the taste of it. I do however, like the taste of fish, and I like a big hunk of gelatine in my jelly as well :-)

How is that assuming :confused: Vegetarianism is by definition abstaining from eating animals, unless I've been completely mistaken all these years. Just eating fish therefore is not being vegetarian, just not eating certain animals, surely?

Oh well, guess thats not the point of this society :smile:
Dictionary says a veggie si sum1 who doesn't eat meat and fish

ME a veggie..one who abstains from fish, meat and gelatine (I didnt eat a choc cake today cos it had pork gelatine in...THAT WAS hard...dunt have choc cake often..)...please can I join?
Reply 17
I did used to eat fish but not meat, my reasoning being that I was quite young when I turned veggie (just turned 7) and my mum was worried about me getting any protein, so the fish thing was a compromise. I liked fish, and a large part of me wanting to be a veggie in the first place was down to my not liking meat and not wanting to eat cute and fluffy animals. Fish, for all of their virtues, aren't really as cute or fluffy.

As I got older, I developed the argument that fish lived a "happy life" out in the sea before being killed, whereas animals lived in poorer conditions. Another argument was that fish didn't cause rainforests to be chopped down to make space to rear them, and didn't eat grain that could be given to hungry people. Most of this was largely down to people complaining that I wasn't a "proper vegetarian" and me feeling the need to justify my fish eating.

I stopped eating fish (and scampi... oh, how I miss scampi :frown: ) about 2 years ago because I realised I didn't like the thought of eating something that's been killed, regardless of what its life was like! However, I can still bring myself to eat fish (someone cooked me a very time-consuming and difficult fish meal thinking I still ate it, so I did) whereas I never could with meat.

So that's my explanation for it, anyway... can I join now please?
Reply 18
I'm a lacto-ovo vegetarian. :smile: Can I join?

I really like vegetarian Indian dishes - the chickpeas add so much protein.
Reply 19
I think those who say they are veggie but eat white meat etc like having the label of veggie - but personally i wouldn't class them as semi-veggie as that could apply to everyone - afterall nearly everyone has non-meat products as well in their diet.

Not sure what those who don't eat red meat are called but those who eat fish are Pestacarians.

Lacto-ovo veggies are the standard veggie definition used by restaurants and shops.

Lacto - veggies go a bit further and don't consume eggs (although this can be hard as I've found - it involves a lot of label reading)

Then there are Vegans - no animal product whatsoever

There are also a few others - fruitarians and raw food people

Quick Reply

Latest