The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Last Year: AS: Government & Politics (A); Geography (A); Sociology (A); Mathematics (B).

This Year: A2: Government & Politics (Political Ideologies); Geography; Sociology; AS: Religious Studies (Philosophy & Ethics).
Reply 2
Maths, Biology, Geography, Economics and French. Planning on carrying on with all 5 next year as well.
Reply 3
Last year AS: Biology(B),Chemistry(C),History(B),Sociology(A),Critical thinking(C)
This year A2: Biology,Chemistry, Sociology
Last Year AS: History (A), English Lit (A), Media (A), French (C)
This Year AS: Critical Thinking
This Year A2: History, English Lit, Media
Reply 5
AS computing, A2 ICT and geography
Reply 6
Last year: Media, Psychology, Law and Textiles
This year: Media, Psychology and Textiles
Reply 7
AS last year: English Lit (A), French (A), German (B), Early Modern History (C), Latin (only took two modules last year, in which I got one A, one B)
A2 this year: Eng Lit, French, German, History, Latin, and General Studies (but we don't talk about that).
Says in my sig; AS French, English lit, history and sociology. At the moment, I'm planning to carry them all on to A2, but I don't think I've done very well in English, so I might drop that and just carry on with the other 3.
kellywood_5
Says in my sig; AS French, English lit, history and sociology. At the moment, I'm planning to carry them all on to A2, but I don't think I've done very well in English, so I might drop that and just carry on with the other 3.

What grade are you hoping for in Eng Lit then?
see sig
Last year: History, Eng Lit, Sociology, Art, General Studies
This year: History, Eng Lit, Sociology, General Studies
White_redrose
What grade are you hoping for in Eng Lit then?

I really don't know, I'm dreading my results for that! :frown: I got an A on my coursework (45/50) and that's worth 30%, so I'm hoping that will pull me up. The poetry and drama exam is worth 40% and I think drama went well, but not poetry. That was the general consensus though, and even my teacher who usually says everything is easy agreed that it was hard, so I'm hoping that boundaries will be quite low for that question. The other paper worth 30% I think was somewhere in between. I find it really hard to tell with English though- my essays over the year have ranged from As to Ds!
Reply 13
Last year: English Combined (A) Tudor History (A) Sociology (B) and Psychology (B)

This year: English Combined, Tudor History and Sociology
English, History, German and Music. Did Biology AS last year too.
Reply 15
Last Year - AS Chemistry, Biology, Geography & General Studies
This Year - A2 Chemistry, Biology, Geography and AS Sociology
Reply 16
This year I took :
AS Level English Language - Predicted grade B / C
AS Level Business & Economics - Predicted grade B
AS Level Law - Predicted grade A / B / C - Deppends how much revision I put in.

Next year I'll carry on with English Language, Business & Economics and Law aswell as adding Biology, ICT, History or Geography AS too my study.
Reply 17
as my sig says:

AS psychology (AQA) predicted A
AS biology (AQA) predicted A
AS german (AQA) predicted B
AS chemistry (OCR salters) predicted B/C

maybe dropping german (due to laziness) or possibly dropping chemistry (when i fail it)
AS levels this year:

Media Studies (WJEC) - praying for a B, although it will probably be a low B due to abismal coursework marks
Politics (Edexcel) - hoping for an A
Psychology (AQA) - hoping for an A
English Language (AQA) - hoping for a B

I'm pretty sure I'm going to drop English Language, unless something went really wrong with my Psychology exam today, in which case I'll be dropping that.
Reply 19
AS: Biology (c) chemistry (b) english litlang (a) geography (a) critical thinking (b) general studies (this year)

A2: Biology, chemistry, Engligh litlang, Geography.
Expecting grades to fall dramatically...

Latest