The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i took that on thursday too...i felt it was kinda easier than some of the mocks..but the questions about the gauge and how they would check a drilling machine i had NO clue on what so ever..oh and thoise 2 symbols...i realised JUST as i was coming out of the exam that the lyon one was obviously for toys..but oh well..its over with now..just have to hope for the best :smile:
Reply 2
How did u find the draawing? did you colour in your designs?
Hi, did you do foundation or higher?
Reply 4
I did higher and spent a nice 15 at the end colouring them all in, as I finished early and got bored. Most of it was OK but I didn't have any idea about those two symbols were at the end.
Reply 5
I got stuck on the manufacturing cuz my mind went blank and I couldn't remember the injection moulding. ARGH
Reply 6
I couldn't either, so I just did vacum forming
Reply 7
Oh I talked about jigs. that should be about 2 marks out of 18!:frown:
Reply 8
I'm sure you did fine. Relax, you can't do anything till the 25th anyway.
Reply 9
25th? Why? What's on the 25th?
Reply 10
The 25th of August is results day.
Reply 11
oh right. what did you get for your coursework?
Reply 12
Oh yeah! and also, what was the check you do for the drill, do u happen to know?
Reply 13
lol all i did for the question about anufacturing was draw a diagram of how injection moulding works and would work with my design and put a few notes :p:
hopefully my coursework will bump up my mark too...got 88/90 so thats like an A right?
and that drill check..yeh that totally threw me :confused:
Reply 14
88 out of 90! Surely that's an A*? I got a mid B. Great. I missed out on loads of paperwork. I did no modelling, evaluation, final design or anything important, I thought I was going to get a D!
Reply 15
You can't get a A* on the coursework. They work that out on the exam. I got an A on my coursework
Reply 16
Oh right. So even if you get 90/90, it's still an A?
Reply 17
i guess so
Reply 18
Yep. At least if you get that high in your coursework, you probably had a C without doing the exam!
Reply 19
so if I got an A in the exam and B in the coursework, what grade am i likely to get?

Latest