1 Year: £979

Expensive !

Did you mention you were a student?
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Reply 41
Yeah, they said that they have no ' deal' or connection with Lincoln Uni, only Manchester :frown:. I'm sure when I rung the Uni they said that I would be able to get student discount.. Do you ?
Reply 42
don't try any of the supermarkets/mcdonalds or any of them... you'll get a warning if therte nice and your registration will go on file which they checkevery time a car is left there over the standard time... i left my car in mcdonlads for about 4 hours and got a big sticker on my window telling me so...

they'll clamp in the second time you leave it there and clamps are generally £80 ish and go up daily to have removed...

best bet is find a close enough street and park there, yeah you have a 15 min walk but you wont have to pay loads of money for it.
Reply 43
NStocks
Yeah, they said that they have no ' deal' or connection with Lincoln Uni, only Manchester :frown:. I'm sure when I rung the Uni they said that I would be able to get student discount.. Do you ?

They do just ignore the e-mail. They definitely let you park there for as long as you want for £3.40. They did for the whole of last year. I'm sure I wasn't imagining it!
Reply 44
squeal
They do just ignore the e-mail. They definitely let you park there for as long as you want for £3.40. They did for the whole of last year. I'm sure I wasn't imagining it!

Lol ok. Which car park was it exactly i.e the street name ? Was it just on a pay and display ticket box in the car park itself ? When will you be visiting the car park again to double check :p: ... I won't be getting a car until Sept.
Reply 45
NStocks
Lol ok. Which car park was it exactly i.e the street name ? Was it just on a pay and display ticket box in the car park itself ? When will you be visiting the car park again to double check :p: ... I won't be getting a car until Sept.

It's the NCP car park down Brayford Street.

I won't be going back to it until 28th September when I start back. And no it isn't stated anywhere it's just through word of mouth. It's just something that they do for the students. Get your ticket, when you come back take it to the office and they swap it for one that is £3.40.
squeal
It's the NCP car park down Brayford Street.

I won't be going back to it until 28th September when I start back. And no it isn't stated anywhere it's just through word of mouth. It's just something that they do for the students. Get your ticket, when you come back take it to the office and they swap it for one that is £3.40.

It's £3.40 for the whole day right?
What if you're only in for a couple of hours, do you still get a discount?
Reply 47
hannahlou27
It's £3.40 for the whole day right?
What if you're only in for a couple of hours, do you still get a discount?

Yeah for the whole day. It doesn't matter how long you stay for.
Reply 48
squeal

Just to get it right:

You pay for your ticket at the car park ( say £7.00)
Then you take it to where ? and they give you some money back ?
Reply 49
Just park down one of the side residential areas next to town...
Reply 50
NStocks
Just to get it right:

You pay for your ticket at the car park ( say £7.00)
Then you take it to where ? and they give you some money back ?

No.

The car park has a barrier, when you go up to it you press the button on the machine, it gives you a ticket, the barrier goes up, you go in. Then when you return you go to the ticket office and swap tickets. Take your ticket to the machine and then pay. It should be £3.40 unless they change it :smile:
squeal

Yeah but what I'm saying is if you have a lecture for only 2 hours, then there must be a 2 hour ticket that is cheaper? And therefore do you get a student discount on that? I mean people who aren't at uni who might only go shopping for 2 hours won't pay the full day price will they? Hope you get what I mean lol
Reply 52
The only trouble with the NCP youre talking about is you only get the discount between monday - friday 9 - 5, and you cant get it until you have your enrollment card so the first week you will have to pay full price, I found this out the hard way.
If you want a more consistant one, lincoln uni and BIG offer a pass for broadgate, which is about a 15min walk for £49 a month.
Reply 53
hannahlou27
Yeah but what I'm saying is if you have a lecture for only 2 hours, then there must be a 2 hour ticket that is cheaper? And therefore do you get a student discount on that? I mean people who aren't at uni who might only go shopping for 2 hours won't pay the full day price will they? Hope you get what I mean lol

No you don't.

If you are in for just 2 hours it will be cheaper to park elsewhere but it will still be about £3 I think, I can't remember now.

When you get your timetable, be a pain and try and get your seminars changed around to suit you - you will have to make an excuse up if you actually don't have a genuine reason, work commitments or something!
Reply 54
I'd advise not to live in uni halls if you're intending to take your car with you - unless you're loaded.

I really don't see the point in paying 75+ quid a week plus 400 quid a year for a parking pass at your accommodation.

Definitely more advisable to stay in a house with on-street parking. Cheaper, better.
Reply 55
Pimmel
I'd advise not to live in uni halls if you're intending to take your car with you - unless you're loaded.

I really don't see the point in paying 75+ quid a week plus 400 quid a year for a parking pass at your accommodation.

Definitely more advisable to stay in a house with on-street parking. Cheaper, better.

This has nothing to do with taking your car with you whilst living in halls. It is to do with commuting :smile:
Reply 56
Pimmel

Or just park in one of the side streets like you said before :wink:
Reply 57
Steeps
Or just park in one of the side streets like you said before :wink:

I thought you tended to need a parking permit to do that in most places? I'm rubbish at parking anyway so side streets aren't for me!
Reply 58
only west end operates a permit system, high street area is still free.
Reply 59
Word of warning- just don't bring your car! it's isn't worth the stress or the money!

Latest