The Student Room Group

Pharmacy Question

Hey
Well I’ve just received my SQA higher results today.
I got a B in English, C in Chemistry, Geography & Maths, and I got a D in Biology.
Basically I just wanted to know if I re-sat Chemistry, Maths and Biology again next year, will I still be able to apply for Pharmacy @ Strathclyde if I upgrade my marks?
It says in the prospectus that the minimum requirement to get in is 4B's
And I haven’t obviously got that yet. But it does say that if you haven’t achieved any grades required that your second sitting has to exceed the minimum requirements i.e. A's. So if I do get A's next year will I still be able to apply??
Thanks in advance :smile:
Reply 1
I'm not certain, but I guess so!
No harm in applying ...
Reply 2
lil_maz

Hey
Well I’ve just received my SQA higher results today.
I got a B in English, C in Chemistry, Geography & Maths, and I got a D in Biology.
Basically I just wanted to know if I re-sat Chemistry, Maths and Biology again next year, will I still be able to apply for Pharmacy @ Strathclyde if I upgrade my marks?
It says in the prospectus that the minimum requirement to get in is 4B's
And I haven’t obviously got that yet. But it does say that if you haven’t achieved any grades required that your second sitting has to exceed the minimum requirements i.e. A's. So if I do get A's next year will I still be able to apply??
Thanks in advance :smile:

give strathclyde admissions a ring, explain your situation and they'll tell you what you need to do to get in
Reply 3
I resat A-level chemistry and got in everywhere i applied to. I would give them a call and have a look on their website. i know some places increase their offer if you're resitting a subject - however you are looking to resit more than one so it is definitely something to talk with the admission tutor about.

If they're adamant you can't go there have a look at other universities, if you're looking at strathclyde then i wouldn't dismiss RGU or Sunderland either. Some of these places may offer a foundation year or the chance to do pharmaceutical sciences for a year with a view to cross over to pharmacy if you do well in the first year. Just be warned that you are still not guaranteed a place in pharmacy if you go through either of these routes, i think the flow-through rate is usually around 5-10% depending on the grades and the uni.

Latest

Trending

Trending