The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Is Durham university safe for international students

Hi

I am an international student and have an offer from the department of computers for postgrad in durham.
I would like to know if durham univeristy safe for international students.
As well as I would like to know whether it depends on the college u join in.

I have an offer from york too for the same course.

Please advice..
I would have thought so! :bigsmile: but don't take my word...
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
No; you're going to get murdered. In your college. In Durham. For being foreign.

In case you don't appreciate it at first glance, the above is positively dripping with sarcasm.
Reply 3
You should be safe as long as you stay indoors after sundown, especially during the local "Lynch-A-Foreigner Week", when I wouldn't advise you to go outside at all - not even for lectures.
Haha, are you seriously on about Durham? The worst that can happen is someone bore you to death.
Reply 5
Common guys, give me some relevant answers, I know durham is quite boring place to be compared to other big universites
Durham's not London, or a big city with lots of gun crime and violence. Besides from students, there's a lot of old people. It's probably one of the safest Universities that you could go to.

Oh, and it's only boring if you make it boring :wink:
Reply 7
Yes its safe. The only problem you'll encounter is the possibility of theft from your room if you leave your window open if you're on a ground floor room, but it's rare - just close your window.
Reply 8
MyNameIsDave
Durham's not London, or a big city with lots of gun crime and violence. Besides from students, there's a lot of old people. It's probably one of the safest Universities that you could go to.

Oh, and it's only boring if you make it boring :wink:

Hehe, the only guns you're likely to see anywhere near Durham will be a couple of shotguns in a Land Rover driven by a farmer. lol

Durham is probably one of the safest places you could live.

Latest