Visit website
Reply 1
:/
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Reply 2
i think i have £2.65 and a tub of pringles around somewhere, will that do?
Reply 3
pringles you say? Hmmm...

This company is starting to get on my nerves. Nice to live, tought to leave and not in a good way. I offered them to pay the weeks I have lived so far + they keep the deposit. No, no and non.

Sure, back then I thought that I would stay in Lincoln for another year, but you would think such a "honest" and "costumer servicing" and "ethical", "flexible" etc and all the rest of the crap they have on their websites would care if someone is risking losing one year of his life or not. And that's the thanks for being a two years costumer.
Reply 4
sounds nice, but woah the price, 400 quid a month, then again if its that kited out who needs food or friends!
Reply 5
i lived in the pavilions last year, i know the managers and you can't do anything with them. i had a leaky roof (brand new building!) for most of the year which they couldn't fix because they didn't understand what was wrong.

try and advertise around the uni, its what most people do but to be honest you're stuck with it until you find someone to fill it.

for 110/wk i can get a 2bed terraced house bills included. why i'd want to live in a boxroom for the same price i don't know :biggrin:
Reply 6
Unfortunatly I know the last bit, and tried to get away before the start of this year.
Had little luck though with private letters (all too far from the uni) from newspapers, and letting agencies were not to keen in giving an apartment to an unemployed (full time job) student...

...even if the rent was less than what I was paying the "Pavilions". Aaargh.

Leaking roof? I wish I had that, as an architecture student knowing a bit of building code, the landlord's obligations to maintain the premises etc, if you could document that (photographs etc) you could breach the contract. Sue them for health & Safety even!

(although probably they would put some duct tape on and get away with it)
Reply 7
i am an architecture student and unfortunately i had to stay there for the rest of the year as i had no alternative. i still have the photo's though somewhere :biggrin:
Reply 8
Oh, I love doing advertising for them. Negative advertisment that is. :biggrin:

If I am going to stay for another year there, I also feel a strange urge to heat (winter is comming after all) the apartment with the electric oven something which of cource I have to balance by cooling the apartment with the fridge. Relax in the sound of running water, (positive feng sui!) and because I am "afraid of the dark", I will need at least a 6000 candles reading light... or two... or three.
Reply 9
just do what i did last year. run 5 pc's looking on the internet for stuff and call it research :wink:

i'd love to have a studio just for the convenience of having everything in one room... and the shower *drools* but i can't afford 100 a week when i'm currently only paying out 65ish

Latest