The Student Room Group

How to revise physics(i need help)

So I got moves in about 2 months. For math and Fmaths it going well. But physics isn't AT ALL. Currently im just making notes from my textbook (the edexcel revision guide). But whenever i even attempt to answer questions from physics and maths tutors i mostly get them wrong. I have to do 6 topics and im struggling with mechanics which im assuming is the easiest topic. Please anyone got any effective revision methods to learn physics basically from scratch and actually got them results(A and A*). I really need to get an A. So please help me out.
Original post by Rainyzack
So I got moves in about 2 months. For math and Fmaths it going well. But physics isn't AT ALL. Currently im just making notes from my textbook (the edexcel revision guide). But whenever i even attempt to answer questions from physics and maths tutors i mostly get them wrong. I have to do 6 topics and im struggling with mechanics which im assuming is the easiest topic. Please anyone got any effective revision methods to learn physics basically from scratch and actually got them results(A and A*). I really need to get an A. So please help me out.

How you revise in the scenario needs to be dependent on what exactly is causing the problem you are having. That needs to be what you determine first as a priority i.e. do you understand the theory yet somehow can't apply it to problem solving? have you properly understood any worked example you may have so as to move on to solve other problems? do you have worked examples to use as a reference?

There are no topics that are easier than others, everyone struggles differently.

I would suggest that you may be best studying by solving as many problems as you can and learning the theory and approach to answering questions in this manner, however, cannot suggest anything concrete.

Quick Reply

Latest