Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Welcome to GCSE AQA Physics Revision and Study Chat! :hi:

The exam timetable is:
Wednesday 20th May: Paper 1 (8463/1F+H)
Friday 12th June: Paper 2 (8463/2F+H)

How are you feeling about these exams? Do you feel prepared? What have you started doing to prepare for your exams? Comment down below!
How to prepare for exams (general tips)

1. Create revision resources, whatever they may be it needs to be what works for you. If writing out notes over and over doesn't work for you, please don't waste your time!
2. Use the revision guide to make your notes, the copy from the exam board is your best bet - rather than using copies from other sources.
3. Create a revision timetable if this works for you. Try TSR's tool here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/g/planner
4. Re-read your notes, repetition is the best method of drilling notes into your brain.
5. As it gets closer to the exams complete past papers. The more the better in the end!

This thread is for anyone studying GCSE Physics(AQA)
. Chat below and find other students in the same situation as you! Help each other revise, study and share resources. Good luck everyone :goodluck: :dumbells:
Advertisement
Evil Homer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Will keep updating this post with all the recommended resources, links and useful posts that are mentioned in this group

Specification: GCSE AQA Physics Specification

Recommended resources:

Recommended TSR resources:

Useful posts:
Endola
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey, is this for triple? Or just combined?
Advertisement
Khnz
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Endola)
Hey, is this for triple? Or just combined?
Not too sure but I'm doing triple. What are u doing?
Endola
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Khnz)
Yep, I'm doing triple too
Advertisement
TakeALittleWalk
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi! Doing triple haha
Khnz
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yep, I'm doing triple too
How u finding it?
Advertisement
Endola
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Khnz)
How u finding it?
Bio and Chem are good, but physics is a bit on the downside. I have my next Mocks in March and we haven't even begun learning the content for paper 2. And I'm procrastinating so much😂 hbu?
Khnz
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Bio and Chem are good, but physics is a bit on the downside. I have my next Mocks in March and we haven't even begun learning the content for paper 2. And I'm procrastinating so much😂 hbu?
Literally me physics mock that i did in november was the one i did the worst in the sciences. And the content for me is too much lol. Iv only just pushed myself to do physics revision daily as i need to improve in it but keep procrastinating lol. We have only one topic left electromagnetic and just completed waves today which i dont even understand it and topic test next week. So need to start revising for it.
Physics and maths tutor website id good don't know if u know about it has lots of practice questions.
Advertisement
toedchicken1989
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Khnz)
same im doing triple!
D_Patel14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm doing triple but im in year 10!
Last edited by D_Patel14; 1 month ago
Advertisement
Endola
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Khnz)
Literally me physics mock that i did in november was the one i did the worst in the sciences. And the content for me is too much lol. Iv only just pushed myself to do physics revision daily as i need to improve in it but keep procrastinating lol. We have only one topic left electromagnetic and just completed waves today which i dont even understand it and topic test next week. So need to start revising for it.
Physics and maths tutor website id good don't know if u know about it has lots of practice questions.
yes same!! My physics mock was the worst out of the three. But yeah I also don't understand waves, but at some point, I'll have to force myself to understand it because everything in physics is just so complicated. And I made the stupid decision of choosing it as one of my A-Levels *face palm*
pantsatdancing
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Physics is definitely my worst science of the 3. I got 9s in Chem and Bio but a 7 in physics.

yes same!! My physics mock was the worst out of the three. But yeah I also don't understand waves, but at some point, I'll have to force myself to understand it because everything in physics is just so complicated. And I made the stupid decision of choosing it as one of my A-Levels *face palm*
What about waves don't you understand?
Advertisement
Endola
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by pantsatdancing)
Physics is definitely my worst science of the 3. I got 9s in Chem and Bio but a 7 in physics.

What about waves don't you understand?
Would you think I'm lying if I said everything?😂 because my mind is genuinely blank when I think about waves. I can only think of the words "frequency" and "wave length".
jayydah
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
triple students are you way behind on content or is my teacher just waffling lol
Endola
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by jayydah)
triple students are you way behind on content or is my teacher just waffling lol
haha, I'm wayyy behind on content. So I'm just goin' to work at my own pace instead
Madz178
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by D_Patel14)
I'm doing triple but im in year 10!
same here! did u start learning content in yr9 or 10 and what topic are u learning right now
Advertisement
Blackpearl1522
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Madz178)
same here! did u start learning content in yr9 or 10 and what topic are u learning right now
we started in yr9 but i swear there was no use of that we finished paper one like beginning of yr 11 and then we are doing paper 2 now
Melisha24
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
ha. i have my physics paper 2 mock tomo. but these idiot teachers took out questions on content we hadn’t covered as so are throwing in paper 1 questions on there too which is horrible because as soon as I’d finished the physics paper 1 mock a few days ago, everything just left my brain.
D_Patel14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Madz178)
We did Energy in year 9.
Now I am learning about Atomic Structure (e.g.radioactivity and radioactive decay etc).
This year we did electricity & particle model of matter.
(BTW I'm doing AQA what exam board are you doing?)
Last edited by D_Patel14; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Tue, 3 Mar '20
  • University of Bradford
    Postgraduate Open day/Evening Postgraduate
    Tue, 3 Mar '20
  • Queen's University Belfast
    Postgraduate LIVE Masters & PhD Study Fair Postgraduate
    Wed, 4 Mar '20

Do you get study leave?