The Student Room Group

Internal job applications and modifying CV to fit different role

A marketing job has come up where I work and I want to apply. I'm currently a PA but I'm studying a degree part time and the job I want is in marketing - it's what I intend to do once I graduate, but that wont be until 2012. I've been applying for loads of marketing jobs, but I'm getting nowhere, so this seems like the perfect opportunity for me.

How do I modify my CV to reflect marketing? Obviously it's very much based on my work as a secretary (mentioning case management systems and digital dictation etc) - are these worth leaving in or should I take them out? I've put them in a "technical skills" bit on my CV. My CV just doesn't really look relevant to marketing! I don't have any marketing work experience so I haven't picked up any marketing skills per se, although obviously I have transferrable skills and knowledge of HTML and Photoshop etc which come in handy.

Also, as it's an internal application as I already work for the company, should I take bits like references out? I currently have a heading and then "References available on request" but it seems a bit pointless sending it with the references bit on there when they wont need any!

Any general tips for applying for a marketing job? I really want this job!

Thanks for any help - sorry if this makes no sense!

Latest

Trending

Trending