The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Touchy subject!!! But..are there any black people at keele university???.......

Hey evry1,

just got into keele really wanna accept!! Only some may call me dumb but i wanna know if there are any or quite a few black/ethnic people there??? And how many??? ( that is to say a few or a fair bit or alot...etc...)

don't get me wrong i love all colours but i just don't want to be stared at or feel out of place if there is no other black students...or not enough should i say....

Hope no one takes offence to my add but could you please let me know!!! I know uni is about yourself and getting the qualifications you want but..hey, i really do not want to feel out of place especially so far outside london.....!!!!

Thanks alot guys!!!

X x

Scroll to see replies

why is 'blackness' a touchy subject
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Reply 2
I'd like to think that society is now beyond staring at people of different skin colour.
Original post by ren100
Hey evry1,

just got into keele really wanna accept!! Only some may call me dumb but i wanna know if there are any or quite a few black/ethnic people there??? And how many??? ( that is to say a few or a fair bit or alot...etc...)

don't get me wrong i love all colours but i just don't want to be stared at or feel out of place if there is no other black students...or not enough should i say....

Hope no one takes offence to my add but could you please let me know!!! I know uni is about yourself and getting the qualifications you want but..hey, i really do not want to feel out of place especially so far outside london.....!!!!

Thanks alot guys!!!

X x

Are you studying for other black people's future or your own? Silly clown if you wanna accept then go right ahead. Don't worry about the ethnic make up. Once you get to uni you'll be too busy to worry about **** like that.
There might be some yellow and brown ones there too!
Reply 5
you're an idiot
but yes there are some there
Reply 6
Uh, honestly, I haven't been taking notes of how many of each race there are! But I'm pretty sure there are a fair few black people. No idea how it would compare to other Unis though. :s-smilie:
If you do any sort of Economics course around half the students will be Asian, but I think that's true at all Unis lol.
Yes.
Not that it really matters.
Reply 8
Original post by modini
I'd like to think that society is now beyond staring at people of different skin colour.

So would I, but unfortunately, its an indicator of part of society's lack of willingness to accept ethnic minorities that someone has to ask whether they'd fit in there.

My area is 90% white, but the majority of my close friends are asian. That wasnt a conscious choice of mine, but more just the way I've grown. When I was younger, and people around me were more carefree, I had a lot more white friends.
Reply 9
I know only one student from Keele university and she's black.
Reply 10
Original post by missygeorgia
why is 'blackness' a touchy subject

well, don't want anyone to mis-interpret me as a racist now d0 we...
Reply 11
Original post by modini

Yea...so would I but I've had plenty of that in certain places unfortunately :frown:
Apparantly their ACS (african carribean society) has just 10 people lol
Reply 13
Original post by Doublereedfreak
Yes.
Not that it really matters.

than you for you comment, it does matter to me btw
Reply 14
Original post by OceanSoul
I know only one student from Keele university and she's black.

ok...how is she finding it???
Original post by ren100
Hey evry1,

Thanks alot guys!!!

X x

I have found out for you that about 20% of students at Keele are of a different ethnicity which suggests that it is quite a multicultural university.
Reply 16
Original post by silver arrow
are you studying for other black people's future or your own? Silly clown if you wanna accept then go right ahead. Don't worry about the ethnic make up. Once you get to uni you'll be too busy to worry about **** like that.

thank you for sharing your opinion on my question, you are of course entitled to it, however, you should be a bit more open minded towards others. I do not know you firstly for you to insult me, and i am well aware it is my choice to go to uni and i know what i am going there for. I do not need you to tell me my dear. I have experienced racial abuse in places if you must know so i know why i am asking such questions, next time do not be so quick to call people, let alone ma a 'silly cow'!
Reply 17
Original post by kbountra
I have found out for you that about 20% of students at Keele are of a different ethnicity which suggests that it is quite a multicultural university.

Awwww....thank you kbountra, how nice of you to have found that out, thanks :smile:
Original post by ren100
And how many??? ( that is to say a few or a fair bit or alot...etc...)

Seven. There are seven.

Love how everyone would go mental if a white person said they'd feel out of place without a strong white presence.
Yes there are black students there. I don't like keele uni though, it's in the middle of no where and very isolated, apparently there is a high suicide rate there. I'm not surprised though.

Quick Reply

Latest