The Student Room Group

March 10th 2011 *results day* gcse!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by plainsong
Umm, I dont want to be overly optimistic but I think I'll get the A* for Physics and Chemistry, but the Biology was more tricky and I messed it up a bit lol, so probably an A. How'd you think you did? Good luck :smile:

yeah, i only do chem and bio, but i thought the bio was ok, and chem was weird, because of the first question, i lost two marks, because i put hydroxide instead of hydrogen... but the rest was ok. Hopefully ive done fine in both.
Reply 61
I failed all to be honest :/ well defo B in all 3 which is rubbish!
wow, i'm doing ocr additional science and according to your link, I need 32/42 for an A* :biggrin: Feeling slightly more confident
There isn't any way in which I can access a copy of one of the January 11 exam papers.. just for the sake of predicting how well I did..
Original post by Riemann_1/n^s
There isn't any way in which I can access a copy of one of the January 11 exam papers.. just for the sake of predicting how well I did..

if u want biology Unit 1 AS, i have a copy of it + mark scheme !!!
AQA B2, P2, C2... waiting........... roughly 13hours left until I get my results... :s-smilie:
Original post by CIE password
if u want biology Unit 1 AS, i have a copy of it + mark scheme !!!

Wow bloody hell, is that a mark scheme for an exam sat this january?

But no I sat the ocr additional science b4,c4,p4 exam..
Reply 67
Original post by Bambi :)
B4, 5 and 6? I've never seen a paper with so many long answer questions! But the grade boundaries have given me hope lol :tongue:

No :redface: B1,2,3. In truth, it wasn't that bad. The firstt question was the most difficult I think, which offset me for the rest of the exam, and they did that annoying thing when they don't specify how many boxes to tick and the question is a little wishy-washy anyway, so I was left less than pleased with the whole thing lol. :colondollar:

Good luck :smile:
Isn't results day 25th August?
Reply 69
Original post by plainsong
No :redface: B1,2,3. In truth, it wasn't that bad. The firstt question was the most difficult I think, which offset me for the rest of the exam, and they did that annoying thing when they don't specify how many boxes to tick and the question is a little wishy-washy anyway, so I was left less than pleased with the whole thing lol. :colondollar:

Good luck :smile:

Yh OCR are a bit funny like that but heck we'll find out tmrw :biggrin: Good luck to you too :smile: Let me know how you did!
Dont worry guys! Gcse's dont mean much once your in 6th form :P
Reply 71
Original post by InadequateJusticex
Does AQA always release the grade boundaries before the actual results get handed out? And do other exam boards do this?

OCR and AQA both do this, and I'm not sure about other exam boards, probably because they've not been relevant yet. Google search term 'name of board' january 2011 grade boundary and it will either come up with something or not. ^_^
Reply 72
Original post by Cheesecakefactory
Isn't results day 25th August?

If you sat exams in January, the results come tomorrow n the 10th March 2011.
If you sit the Summer exams, they will come on 25th August 2011. :smile:
Original post by loopy786
OCR and AQA both do this, and I'm not sure about other exam boards, probably because they've not been relevant yet. Google search term 'name of board' january 2011 grade boundary and it will either come up with something or not. ^_^

Ah I see, thank you :smile: This whole thing is kinda good and bad at the same time... Knowing what the grade boundaries are before getting your result could really make you panic, especially if it's higher than normal or just higher than you expected. :/
really nervous now, not long left now though
good luck everyone!!!!!!!
Reply 75
Ah I see, thank you :smile: This whole thing is kinda good and bad at the same time... Knowing what the grade boundaries are before getting your result could really make you panic, especially if it's higher than normal or just higher than you expected. :/

It's okay. :smile:
Yeah, you're right! But if the boundaries are lower, then you don't make your grade, you will feel worse knowing that they wee low ARGH. lol XD Oh well; personally, I'm positive about the whole thing. Finding out boundaries made me strangely calm. XD
Reply 76
Original post by stargirl16
really nervous now, not long left now though
good luck everyone!!!!!!!

Good luck; don't e nervous. Just sleep, and it'll be morning already, and then you'll have to go and get your results. Once you've got them, you should feel lighter. :P Don't worry. :smile: Good luck, again, to you too. :biggrin:

Good luck tomorrow everyone :smile:

Just realised that were taking the same AS subjects :biggrin:
Oooh...I think I did OK on Biology(B1-B3), but I probably like scraped a C or B in Physics(P1-P3). History...I definitely got like C or below...I hated that paper! We'll all find out tomorrow! Good luck everyone :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest