The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Asians are dirty racists.
My mam told me she didn't want me to go out with a Muslim because "they'll only want you because they can't look at their own women". It goes both way sometimes.
I prefer to date non-religious people anyway so no big deal.
Original post by qwerty_mad

I'm talking South-Asian here. So a Pakistani for a Pakistani; Indian for an Indian and so on.

Indians aren't South-asian are they?
Reply 103
Original post by (:Becca(:
My mam told me she didn't want me to go out with a Muslim because "they'll only want you because they can't look at their own women". It goes both way sometimes.
I prefer to date non-religious people anyway so no big deal.

Let them have their own women.
Original post by AishaTara
well I'm sorry you've got your own opinion and can't seem to accept others. Whats my choice to you? And secondly, I said there is nothing wrong with it, yet I prefer to stick to Pakistanis. And nope, I'll admit Ive seen alot of hot english, italian, spanish guys, but I have no feelings for them. And I said SOME not all fyi.

well not really because ALL my school friends are english or european- that's not racist is it? and with marriage it's a life time commitement and MY personal choice. So, and generally I have more in common with Pakistanis than non, cus of own culture, language -films, books in a different language. so Yeah.

Well I thought this was a discussion where we talked about our opinions on the subject? I'm just telling you my view on it and why I disagree, I wasn't insulting.

I DO see it as racist to judge people and make assumtions based on ethnicity or religion... You having friends that are English doesn't change that fact.
Original post by qwerty_mad
It's so true. I have a friend who says that he has no option but to marry a person of his own kind (not just same religion) and its the same with many of my female Asian friends.

I'm talking South-Asian here. So a Pakistani for a Pakistani; Indian for an Indian and so on.

Why, though?

Within Hinduism they have different castes, and it's pretty difficult to marry someone outside your caste. Even if you find someone you love and want to marry within the same caste, the Hindu religious teacher will attend the home and calculate whether the stars of the potential couple are a match, if they don't match, they can't get married.
Original post by Tinkle
i jus think your being really rude by saying its silly...its wats people want and what they belive in..so dont call it silly please...and everyone has their own opinion i respect yours so i would be grateful if you respect other peoples

Freedom of Speech? I'm just giving my own opinion too...
I see judging people based on their religion and/or ethnicity as racist, and silly... So I'm expressing my opinion. That's what these discussions are for.
They should marry there own kind according to culture......but if they come across a good enough guy they will not.

Original post by dzeh

Nope, they just don't want their kids marrying skin head moronic retards or slappers who think their **** doesn't stink and have a void where their brain should be.
(edited 12 years ago)
[QUOTE="Tinkle;31515662"]
Original post by Antagonist_Love
Dating outside your religion if you're are serious about your faith is quite retarded. It's a heresy and usually demands one ignores some of the very different religious rituals.

(for the exception of Sikhs, Bah'ai, Jains and some Buddhists - the hippy, pluralist, faiths)[/QUOTE]

can i ask you what you mean by calling sikhism a "hippy, pluralist, faith"??

Sikhism is the result of Muslim vs Hindu conflicts in the area of Punjab. It appealed the the poor orphans and windows brought by the horseman of war.

It's a heresy that the Imams of the Mugal Empire should have annihilated (like the many thousands killed by Hindu, Christian and Islamic theocratic states/institutions) if it wasn't bankrupt or ineffective at everything.

Sikhism, Zoroastrism, Gnosticism and Bah'ai are all heresies that the Mugal, Saffarid, Byzantines and Islamic Caliphates failed to destroy and survived the many witch hunts and burnings that heretics got back then. - it's the reason they are so pacifist and accepting, because they are born in the fear of oppression... not unlike Christianity(which become the oppressor).

lol, R.E. Good times.
Reply 109
Original post by dzeh

The irony
Original post by Emaemmaemily
Well I thought this was a discussion where we talked about our opinions on the subject? I'm just telling you my view on it and why I disagree, I wasn't insulting.

I DO see it as racist to judge people and make assumtions based on ethnicity or religion... You having friends that are English doesn't change that fact.

OK cool!
Reply 111
I'm Indian and my cousin is getting married to an english girl this year, and I could probably marry who ever I wanted if I went about it the right way... not ALL indians are majorly OCD about it. But I can understand with my parents that its preferable due to not having a culture clash/ sharing the same views on important things, rather than religion and beliefs
Original post by Tinkle
i jus think your being really rude by saying its silly...its wats people want and what they belive in..so dont call it silly please...and everyone has their own opinion i respect yours so i would be grateful if you respect other peoples

exactly :wink: jeez, people telling us what to do..
Original post by surina_xxx
I'm asian and that is far from true everyone in my family like my cousins have married who every they wanted to and their parents havn't cared about race or anything

You're probably quite liberal though, no? Because the status quo at the moment is that most Pakistani or Indian parents would rip their children's face off if they married a white boy/girl or Muslim/Hindu.

Hopefully this will change as time goes on and new generations get better educated.
Original post by Inzamam99
You're probably quite liberal though, no? Because the status quo at the moment is that most Pakistani or Indian parents would rip their children's face off if they married a white boy/girl or Muslim/Hindu.

Hopefully this will change as time goes on and new generations get better educated.

Well my cousin married a white girl and my other cousins married a muslim so my family don't care about all that!
Well my cousin married a white girl and my other cousins married a muslim so my family don't care about all that!

That's good- hopefully these kind of attitudes will become more prevalent as time goes on.

I mean after all we don't want my parents opposing our shaadi do we? :love:
Original post by stroppyninja
But I thought in a lot of countries (i.e. India) getting a white girlfriend (or a very well educated, rich white man) was also seen as a status symbol? Moreso the girlfriend i think

This is certainly not the case. I am Indian and Indians consider high caste Indians to be superior to Whites. My parents would much rather I marry an Indian man than a White man. Marrying a White man would be an embarrassment to the family.

Indian idea of superiority:

High caste Indian >> White person >> Low caste Indian

I don't know where you White people get your delusional ideas about having 'high status' among other ethnic groups. :confused:
Reply 117

I am american but my beast is asian, is it okay?
Original post by Inzamam99
That's good- hopefully these kind of attitudes will become more prevalent as time goes on.

I mean after all we don't want my parents opposing our shaadi do we? :love:

hahaaaaaaa shaadi.com :tongue:
so are your parents like that?
Original post by ohm
I am american but my beast is asian, is it okay?

sure :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending