The Student Room Group

AQA- English Literature at AS Level, Literature B

Scroll to see replies

Reply 660
Original post by Expendable
http://www.scribd.com/doc/56025639/GreatGatsby1and2

There's some missing from Chapter 2 because I cannot find the last page of my essay [2+ medium-little paragaphs] so there's some missing out on the apartment setting/form/meeting with myrtle but it should still be useful

Hopefully 1 will come up tomorrow!

Thank you! Yes I hope Ch1 and openings will come up :smile:
Reply 661
Good luck everyone! :smile:
Reply 662
Couldn't even sleep last night. Got a banging headache. Urgh. :'(
:afraid:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 664
Good luck, everyone!
Reply 665
Ahhhhhhh 2 hours and well be in then exam! I have a horrible feeling im going to look at the question and have nothing to say!

Good luck everyone
Third Time Lucky? I bloody hope so.
Original post by louiseyoung

Didn't sleep at all last night #insomnia

Good luck guys
Didn't sleep at all last night #insomnia

Good luck guys

Same! :frown:

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! :biggrin:
Reply 669
Good luck guys.
Reply 670
I thought it was okay, not brilliant...but not a total fail either...not that confident I'll get an A though :/ I didn't write enough for A (A) - but I think I did Section B quite well, I did the descriptive language one, what about you guys?

Hope you all found it okay!
Cheers for the help over the weeks :smile:
Reply 671
Are we allowed to talk about it?
Reply 672
Original post by Mariah246
Are we allowed to talk about it?

Yes, as it's AQA.

Section B was terrible, the first question didn't seem to fit into any of my texts (not sure how that is fair at all) and the second question didn't seem to address all of to assessmebt objectives. :frown:
A was brilliant; Chapter 1, although A)ii was a bit meh

Section B was dire. Thank god I only need 45ish raw marks to secure an A :/
Reply 674
Original post by Groat
Yes, as it's AQA.

Section B was terrible, the first question didn't seem to fit into any of my texts (not sure how that is fair at all) and the second question didn't seem to address all of to assessmebt objectives. :frown:

Glad I'm not the only one that thought that! Because of the form, structure language, I was addressing language automatically with the question so when I tried to get form or structure in I felt like I was losing focus and going off task.
Original post by Groat
Yes, as it's AQA.

The first question in section B was really geared towards Enduring Love/ Rossetti/ Browning and Gatsby, which luckily for me is what I studied, however most people answered the second question, but I know I would have got stuck talking just about that one thing, and forgot about the rest - so I answered the first, really weird question.

And now I don't really know how to feel about that paper :rolleyes:...kinda weird, I don't think I completely failed it, but at the same time, not my best...(or anybody's best?)

At least Chapter 1 came up for Gatsby :tongue: although in hindsight I really don't think I actually answered any of the questions properly......have to rely on my coursework I guess :smile:
Section B was as pretty weak set of questions i thought. how is 'write about bits of the book that are not there' really an aspect of narrative.
I think most people will have chosen the other option. I think i did OK. didnt look up from the paper or look at the books for SecB. Though i didnt have to ask for more paper like some people around me!
A was brilliant; Chapter 1, although A)ii was a bit meh

Section B was dire. Thank god I only need 45ish raw marks to secure an A :/

How did you work that out? :smile:

Pretty happy about the exam, although only managed to write 3 (relatively long) paragraphs for A)i. Section B I chose 'gaps' but then found it very difficult in talking about Hardy.
Reply 679
Original post by Perseverance
How did you work that out? :smile:

Pretty happy about the exam, although only managed to write 3 (relatively long) paragraphs for A)i. Section B I chose 'gaps' but then found it very difficult in talking about Hardy.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=31644875#post31644875

I completely agree with Hardy and gaps - the reason why I didn't choose that question. :angry:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending