The Student Room Group

Cambridge? No thanks, it hasn't got a music scene: What 17-year-old rapper told top u

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Only a sociology degree though innit
Reply 2
Why is this in the news?
Reply 3
Bet he can't rap for ****, good luck to him though. And yeah WTF is this in the news.
Reply 4
Good for him! I wish him the best, but it's a shame he won't witness the fitness that is Cambridge.
Original post by Jono404
Only a sociology degree though innit

It was PPS.

Props anyway, I felt the same way when I went to Cambridge on some 'get kids who wouldn't normally go into Cambridge' thing, totally disconcerted by Cambridge as an area, didn't click with me at all. When you're used to breathing smog you don't really want medieval churches and precocious beardies riding bicycles. Living in Dudley hasn't got **** on living in Hackney though in terms of bleakness.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by ily_em
Why is this in the news?

Original post by Mangaka
Bet he can't rap for ****, good luck to him though. And yeah WTF is this in the news.

Pretty sure, it's because he's black and from a under-priviledged background.
Reply 7
He's a pagan. Watch him get shanked tomorrow in Bow lol
Reply 8
Original post by Junaid16

Then it's a pretty patronising story.
They should include the rap ability of lecturers in the league tables, would give a fairer reflection.
Reply 10

aint terribad but not impressed.
Reply 11
Well I'm pretty involved in my local music scene. I organise gigs, go to loads and play in a band etc.

However, I'd never reject a university place because of its music scene - the guy in the OP's article is ridiculous.
I bet he's African. I wonder what his Mum and Dad had to say about him refusing Cambridge!
Good for him though,it shows that love of hip hop can go hand in hand with academic success :smile:

Original post by wactm

I really wanted him to be good,but......:frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by oli_G
Well I'm pretty involved in my local music scene. I organise gigs, go to loads and play in a band etc.

However, I'd never reject a university place because of its music scene - the guy in the OP's article is ridiculous.

He's going to LSE :rolleyes:
Reply 14
Fair enough.
Reply 15
After reading the article, it's obvious it wasn't just the music scene but the face he preferred London anyway so the articles' title is a bit misleading.
Original post by wactm

Original post by wactm

Look at the t*ats mugging him off on the link

Good for him.
Why did he even apply if he doesn't want to go there? Seems just like 'ooh, I'll see how many top universities offer me a place, even if I don't want to go there,' which seems a tad unfair. I'm happy for him that he's achieved so much, though.

- If you're going to neg me for this, please at least tell me how I'm wrong; I don't mind being wrong if you actually cared to explain.
(edited 12 years ago)

Original post by Mangaka
Then it's a pretty patronising story.

He has had this published for his own publicity. He has a record coming out. It is no different to an author appearing on chat shows when he has his new book pulished.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending