The Student Room Group

Tattoo Appreciation Soc. Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
I wanna get a tattoo on my shoulder (btw im a guy) but i wanna add a bit more bulk and definition on first.
Has anyone seen any cool designs that look " badass,2 btw i dont want it too big (just on the head of the shoulder) i think the tribal ones look good but i wanna look at alot of desings before i get it done
Original post by 99 Red Balloons
I'm thinking of getting a tattoo done atm..got a vague idea of the kind of things I want but not sure how to put them together..I like the idea of a feather or a bird and then a string of musical notes and a quote or something, but everything I come up with doesn't seem right. I also want to be a teacher so not quite sure where to put it, but quite like either on the back of my neck or round the side by the top of my arm. I think I'll wait until August or so to make up my mind so I can be sure I definitely want it. I've heard about temporary tattoos that last about 5-6 years; anyone got one of these?

These are my favourite designs atm; thoughts?

Woww, that feather tat looks amazing! My only problem would be that I went looking on google for a feather tattoo because they look amazing, and loads of that particular image came up on other people :sad:

It still looks beautiful, though. How big would you get it?

Original post by zjs
(and anyone else who's been regularly posting here)

I wonder if there might be, given the activity levels on this thread, grounds for starting a "Tattoo" or "Tattoo Appreciation" Society? :holmes:

Obviously, there's the Bod Mod society, but that deals with them in combination with piercings and is a slightly different angle on the whole thing.

I was actually thinking the same thing. The Body Mod thread is for all kinds of things to do with body modification, I like the sounds of a tattoo-specific thread that we cal all go back to when we want opinions on stuff. :yy:

How would we go about doing this? :holmes:
Original post by sohinder
I wanna get a tattoo on my shoulder (btw im a guy) but i wanna add a bit more bulk and definition on first.
Has anyone seen any cool designs that look " badass,2 btw i dont want it too big (just on the head of the shoulder) i think the tribal ones look good but i wanna look at alot of desings before i get it done

Oh no, I'm really not a fan of the tribal tattoos. They're just so overdone! Sorry :colondollar: What else do you like the look of?
Reply 123
My tattoo can be found in my profile

Original post by Juno
My tattoo can be found in my profile

Ahhh I really really like that font for tattoos! I told myself that if I got letering in ym next tattoo, it would be like that :grin:
Really nice.
Reply 125
Original post by Delta_Aitch

Ahhh I really really like that font for tattoos! I told myself that if I got letering in ym next tattoo, it would be like that :grin:
Really nice.

Please don't steal it :sad: I spent years finding it. I actually mean that - if you search my posts you'll find I first mentioned it on TSR in 2006 saying I wasn't happy with the font. I finally got it last October.

But if you really must have it, it's called something a bit like Jellyegg, which is my favourite shoe website.
Original post by Juno
Please don't steal it :sad: I spent years finding it. I actually mean that - if you search my posts you'll find I first mentioned it on TSR in 2006 saying I wasn't happy with the font. I finally got it last October.

But if you really must have it, it's called something a bit like Jellyegg, which is my favourite shoe website.

...I saw this font from some Harry Potter tattoos I came across and decided if I ever got a tattoo it would have scripted like that. And then I saw your tattoo and the font is very similar, but not exact. :colonhash:
Reply 127
This is nerdy, but I would totally get this tattoo. I would have it on on my wrist though. Or one on each wrist! They're the chemical structures of two hormones dopamine = controls pleasure and serotonin = controls happiness.

These tattoos are all so beautiful, I want a tattoo, I wanted "It's something unpredictable but in the end it's right" on my the back of my shoulder but people have told me it won't look good, and I can't find a font I like anyway :frown:
I kind of want a proper design now, if I do get a tattoo it definitely won't just be one that's picked from a book.
Original post by neuro101
This is nerdy, but I would totally get this tattoo. I would have it on on my wrist though. Or one on each wrist! They're the chemical structures of two hormones dopamine = controls pleasure and serotonin = controls happiness.

Hahaha, I LOVE nerdy tats! They appeal to my inner geek :colondollar:

The reason my username is deltaH is because when we were in chem, we all got assigned "groups" (informally, as in we put ourselves in social groups) and so we all had (I don't know how to latex on here) the symbol for deltaH on our forearms.

Mann it was so geeky, but it was like a gang thing :rofl: I think back and I lol so hard :colondollar:
Reply 130
Sat with a friend today who drew up my tattoo ideas again, I'm undecided as to which I like most but it doesn't really matter seeing as I won't be getting them any time soon :/

I just really want to get a back piece done, proper classic styling (: gorgeous ): Sucks my parents can't be a little more liberal :/
Reply 131

...I saw this font from some Harry Potter tattoos I came across and decided if I ever got a tattoo it would have scripted like that. And then I saw your tattoo and the font is very similar, but not exact. :colonhash:

It's mine :smile:

I'm thinking of getting another that says "Everybody's got their cross to bear these days"
Original post by Juno
It's mine :smile:

I'm thinking of getting another that says "Everybody's got their cross to bear these days"

It's not yours, go away :sad:

Where would you get it? I want something to go down my spine, but I think it will most likely end up being a picture, rather than a quote.

I saw this amazing tattoo going down a girl's spine and it was made up of "power" words such as happiness, strength, hope etc. I'll try and find a pic...

I searched for ages and couldn't find it :emo:
I need to get my ankle tattoo touched up - it's only stars, but each star is associated with someone or something in my life, plus I've always been obsessed with stars. But now it's all blotchy and crappy looking :frown:

I really want to get something down my thigh, too. I've got massive ones, and I've never liked them much, so I want to make them pretty :yep:
Reply 134

It's not yours, go away :sad:

Where would you get it? I want something to go down my spine, but I think it will most likely end up being a picture, rather than a quote.

I saw this amazing tattoo going down a girl's spine and it was made up of "power" words such as happiness, strength, hope etc. I'll try and find a pic...

I searched for ages and couldn't find it :emo:

Left thigh :smile:
Reply 135
I love tattoos so much, I'm going to get a tattoo that says ''I love tattoos".
Original post by psychocustard
I need to get my ankle tattoo touched up - it's only stars, but each star is associated with someone or something in my life, plus I've always been obsessed with stars. But now it's all blotchy and crappy looking :frown:

I really want to get something down my thigh, too. I've got massive ones, and I've never liked them much, so I want to make them pretty :yep:

I'm sure your thigh will look lovely after your next tattoo :smile: What would you consider getting?
I'm sure your thigh will look lovely after your next tattoo :smile: What would you consider getting?

I'm not sure yet. Things like this

Spoiler

I really like, but I don't want it to look tacky. I want something that'll go from my hip right down to by my knee :smile:

At some point, I also want the outline of a rabbit, somewhere. Maybe my hip, if I get a bit skinnier :p:
Original post by psychocustard
I'm not sure yet. Things like this

Spoiler

I really like, but I don't want it to look tacky. I want something that'll go from my hip right down to by my knee :smile:

At some point, I also want the outline of a rabbit, somewhere. Maybe my hip, if I get a bit skinnier :p:

Wowww, those are a lot of butterflies! And going from your hip to your knee?! Regardless if you're skinny or not, that's a lot of ground to cover :colondollar: I don't think I would be able to handle it after like 3 butterflies :laugh:

(wimp) :ninja:
Wowww, those are a lot of butterflies! And going from your hip to your knee?! Regardless if you're skinny or not, that's a lot of ground to cover :colondollar: I don't think I would be able to handle it after like 3 butterflies :laugh:

(wimp) :ninja:

Obviously I wouldn't be having quite that many :p: I may just get a single line of them progressively getting bigger the further up they go... I've got a while to think about it, though. I won't do it until I've gone back to uni anyway, and then I need to have enough money to do it! It's hard trying to work out what to get when you're not all that creatively minded, though :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest