The Student Room Group

Tattoo Appreciation Soc. Chat Thread

Welcome to the Tattoo Appreciation Society Chat Thread. :h:
You can join the society here.

This thread is the Chat Thread for the society.

In other words, it's a place for members to chat. Hopefully, it'll all stay on topic (i.e. about tattoos), but it may not.

If you're looking for serious talk about tattoos: information on getting one, advice for your next tattoo etc, then head over to the
Tattoo Appreciation Society Tattoo Thread

We're currently looking for help preparing a FAQ on getting a tattoo, see below:

Getting a tattoo FAQ post - UPDATE

Contributions thus far:

From souldoubt

[*] From ironandwine

Spoiler

[*] From cdsmith1990

Spoiler

Any more contributions to this would be appreciated, as would your feedback. We want it to be as much of a group effort as possible.

As Griffin23 suggested, even if your contribution is recommending a tattooist or mentioning the aftercare product you used/were advised to use, this would be helpful!

Spoiler

(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I love my tattoo, and I love seeing other peoples tattoos.
If you love your tattoo post a photo :smile:

I'll start:
1st tattoo

It's colour, but for some reason i only have this photo to hand and it doesnt show alot of it.

It's not finished and needs some touch ups... but it'll get there.

Edit: Photo quality has been destroyed...

After two more sessions :smile:

And here it is nearly finished, not the best photo and still needs touch ups :smile:

The finished product :biggrin: Might need touch ups but as a whole my 31 hour tattoo is finished... I'm so giddy.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by RachelWest
I love my tattoo, and I love seeing other peoples tattoos.
If you love your tattoo post a photo :smile:

It's very big, but very pretty!

I haven't got any tattoos yet.
You'll regret that. I have none as off yet!
Reply 4
whos that women? Is it Eve?
I have just one tattoo, but I really want more. I am obsessed with watching Miami Ink and other such programmes because the tattoo designs are always so amazing and grand :colondollar:

I am most definitely going to get more tattoos, but I am going to wait a couple of years to see if I still like the idea of a particular tatoo before I decide on it's placement for another while and then get it done :yy:
Original post by Delta_Aitch
I have just one tattoo, but I really want more. I am obsessed with watching Miami Ink and other such programmes because the tattoo designs are always so amazing and grand :colondollar:

I am most definitely going to get more tattoos, but I am going to wait a couple of years to see if I still like the idea of a particular tatoo before I decide on it's placement for another while and then get it done :yy:

...Dood, are you srsly from central african republic?!
Reply 7
If I have a tattoo , I would so get that rachel brice tattoo :

nice tattoo
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Indian_Princess
imagine how that's gonna look when ur 80 :L

If a tattoo is my biggest regret when I'm 80, I'll have lived a pretty easy life.
Original post by YannTouchable
...Dood, are you srsly from central african republic?!

Maybe :ninja:
Who wants to know?

tbh, when you're 80, a horrible tattoo is the least of your worries...
Reply 11

her boobs will be saggy and her face will be wrinkly, its not gonna be a huge deal!
Original post by RachelWest

I'll start:

I really want to grab some felt-tip pens and colour it in! :ahee:
Maybe :ninja:
Who wants to know?

tbh, when you're 80, a horrible tattoo is the least of your worries...

LOL bullstuff!

I'm half central african andd thought I was the only one in the north hemisphere, since there's pretty much no entering/leaving that place =\

Went there once 3 yrs ago, don't think I'll ever do it again but yeah, wow, hi!
Original post by tsr-member
I really want to grab some felt-tip pens and colour it in! :ahee:

My friends have....
Unfortunately I have 10-12 hours of colour ahead of me yet, but can't wait.
Original post by YannTouchable
LOL bullstuff!

I'm half central african andd thought I was the only one in the north hemisphere, since there's pretty much no entering/leaving that place =\

Went there once 3 yrs ago, don't think I'll ever do it again but yeah, wow, hi!

Haha, hi mate...
I'm sorry but I am an absolute fraud and I only picked this flag because it looked pretty :emo:

Still friends? :puppyeyes:
I'd like a tattoo but I have no idea what of... Also I'm scared it will hurt D:
Original post by Mad Cat Lady

They do a little, but it's honestly not that bad.
Original post by Mad Cat Lady

Tbh, I am a wimp with pain and it really only hurt me a bit. The time actually does fly and I was done before I even realised.

I will say, though, that the outlining was more painful for me than the filling in - I always thought it would be the other way around.
Tbh, I am a wimp with pain and it really only hurt me a bit. The time actually does fly and I was done before I even realised.

I will say, though, that the outlining was more painful for me than the filling in - I always thought it would be the other way around.

Lines can be a bitch! I did a four and a half hours session for those lines and it was hard. I've also done 4 hours colour on another tattoo and it was suprisingly tame in comparison.

Quick Reply

Latest