The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The Dynamic Uno
Anyone got any positive stories about AAA for Law? :frown:

Friend of mine had an offer of AB for Liverpool (already had an A in a language A-level as she's fluent in it anyway due to being Spanish).
She got two Bs and they rang her and said they'd take her anyway.
Reply 161
How exactly does clearing work?
Do you think Queen Mary would have a clearing space for history?? I've been predicted BBB, probably not right? :s-smilie:
Reply 162
Original post by SpicyStrawberry
Tut, why does everyone look down on MMU :/

Sheffield is also fairly strict on their entry requirements unfortunately, they were quite tricky to get offers from this year. You might get lucky though if you call them up on results day if it comes to it!

Good luck everyone :smile:

=[ You just crushed my hopes.

But I suppose I will be asking for a bit much to be let in if i miss my offer. What is with Edexcel this cycle =[
What do you think the chances of me getting into Liverpool University for Sociology (BBB) with BBC/BCC ? Man, I really hope I get in, I've messed up enough as it is and being rejected here would be pretty devastating. :confused: Would the fact that I am from Liverpool maybe give me more of a chance ?
Reply 164
Original post by Vulpes
=[ You just crushed my hopes.

But I suppose I will be asking for a bit much to be let in if i miss my offer. What is with Edexcel this cycle =[

the offers given out, means less people are potentially going to be on the course, so on results day there's less competition so more chance of you getting on if you miss the grade :]
Reply 165
Need BBC for City university, with a 'MUST' B in maths, which i'm completely hopeless about as i'd be very lucky if i get a D in that C4 paper....does anyone know what it means if my course is available in UCAS extra :s-smilie: :'(...? it is a course of only 25 places and i'm quite hopeless now....:frown:
I'm not recommending it, but here's a story of what happened to a friend of mine in my year (2007):

She applied for History at a top 20 Uni - got offered AAB.
On results day she got ABB - the Uni didn't let her in for History. She did, however, find a place listed in clearing at the same Uni for Sociology that required grades ABB - they accepted her for Sociology.

At this point you're going to go 'oh, she switched to History as soon as she got there, right?'. But no... she then decided that she wanted to do Law, and successfully managed to switch onto Law (which originally was advertised as requiring AAA).

I don't know the ins and outs of it all, but there you go - even if you miss your offer, it's possible to get on to an even more prestigious course!!!
If your course is in extra? Are they more likely to be lenient?
Original post by cool_beans1993
lets hope they do the same for engineering courses!!

they do.
Original post by FFMA
Need BBC for City university, with a 'MUST' B in maths, which i'm completely hopeless about as i'd be very lucky if i get a D in that C4 paper....does anyone know what it means if my course is available in UCAS extra :s-smilie: :'(...? it is a course of only 25 places and i'm quite hopeless now....:frown:

C4 was a killer, wasn't it? Completely messed up my chances of getting an A, even though I only needed like 60 UMS in it to do so. I'd also be lucky to get a D :/

Here's hoping the grade boundaries are ridiculously low!
Original post by Jamil1987
they do.

:biggrin:
lol how do u know?
Original post by FFMA

what course at city?? they told me i need a C in math but its my insurance ...

Original post by babarzk
C4 was a killer, wasn't it? Completely messed up my chances of getting an A, even though I only needed like 60 UMS in it to do so. I'd also be lucky to get a D :/

Here's hoping the grade boundaries are ridiculously low!

totally agree C4 completely killed me! it was such a bad paper!!
For 2006 intake - Physics at Queen Mary entry was BBC, i was predicted CCD. I went in for an interview, and was given an unconditional regardless of my results which were far worse than my initially predicted!
For 2006 intake - Physics at Queen Mary entry was BBC, i was predicted CCD. I went in for an interview, and was given an unconditional regardless of my results which were far worse than my initially predicted!

oh wow unconditional thts good but ur not there atm yh?....well this years really competitive lets just hope they like me or lets just hoep i dont miss my grades!
Original post by cool_beans1993
oh wow unconditional thts good but ur not there atm yh?....well this years really competitive lets just hope they like me or lets just hoep i dont miss my grades!

No I didn't go there in the end, I spend an extra year in 6th form to do retakes.

Am at Loughborough now doing electronic and electrical engineering now though after a few years gap, what engineering are you applying to? I know sumone who missed his offer for aerospace engineering @ QM but missed it by a few grades and he still got in but yeh like u said that was then and u cant predict what will happen this year. U could always bribe them, or even beg lol
Reply 175
Last year, my boyfriend at the time was offered BBC for Electronic Engineering at Plymouth uni. He got CCD in his exams and still got in.
I need BBC, I'll probably get BCC.

Watch this space.

Comp sci @ Hull.
Original post by AkaJetson
When you people got accepted even though you didn't get the grades, did they accept you automatically or did you have to call them?

Someone answer this please.
I needed 300 points for my course, I've only got 240 and they still let me in :biggrin:
No I didn't go there in the end, I spend an extra year in 6th form to do retakes.

Am at Loughborough now doing electronic and electrical engineering now though after a few years gap, what engineering are you applying to? I know sumone who missed his offer for aerospace engineering @ QM but missed it by a few grades and he still got in but yeh like u said that was then and u cant predict what will happen this year. U could always bribe them, or even beg lol

oh cool i could never do electronic engineering!
i applied for sustainable energy engineering...i wanted to do civil but QM doesnt have civil eng which was annoying but sustainable energy seemed to have a similar course...yh i hope i get the grades however my back up is civil eng and i think i can get the grades for that so i dunno but i prefer QM to city uni :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending