The Student Room Group

Range Rover Sport - nicest car to be driven in?

I have a small car (VW Golf) but sometimes get driven around on short and long journeys by a relative in a new Range Rover Sport, which feels so great - superbly comfortable, spoiled experience, high up, lots of nice features and lots of suitably jealous looks from others.

Makes me wonder though, is this the nicest car to be chauffeured in generally? Not having been in one of the other very expensive cars, I kind of thought I might be missing out on something important. :smile:

Becky

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'd rather be driven in an m3, comfort is not fun =/
Reply 2
dont know much myself but heard a Maybach is pretty special, def looks the part

Reply 3
Try an actual range rover
Reply 4
Original post by jvasos
dont know much myself but heard a Maybach is pretty special, def looks the part

LOL, that's incredible, looks like a first-class airline arrangement! Want one of those!!
Aston Martin DBS - in Canary Yellow = epic.
Reply 6
Original post by miike1234
Try an actual range rover

Don't understand?
Reply 7
Original post by unifriendly
Don't understand?

Sport = Hard suspension, less comfort and less space
Reply 8
Oh, OK. This is driven by my Grandad who is 68 and so doesn't race around corners too much. :smile:
Range Rovers are pretty nice, yes, because you can store loads of shopping in them and they are very pleasurable to ride in - I prefer the front seats to the back, but you can also get custom jobs with rear seats that lift your legs up and give you a more comfortable sitting position that are really tops. Some other cars are very nice to be chauffeured in though - a top of the range Bentley takes some beating for sheer sense of style and classiness.
Reply 10
We're looking for a Series 2 Jaguar / Daimler XJ6 / 12 at the moment.
They are comfy. :biggrin:
I have a small car (VW Golf) but sometimes get driven around on short and long journeys by a relative in a new Range Rover Sport, which feels so great - superbly comfortable, spoiled experience, high up, lots of nice features and lots of suitably jealous looks from others.

Makes me wonder though, is this the nicest car to be chauffeured in generally? Not having been in one of the other very expensive cars, I kind of thought I might be missing out on something important. :smile:

Becky

You've obviously never been in a Rolls Royce Ghost or a Phantom.
Reply 12
Original post by Silver Arrow
You've obviously never been in a Rolls Royce Ghost or a Phantom.

No, grin, have you?? What are they like?
No, grin, have you?? What are they like?

They make the RR Sport feel like a urine stained bus.
Reply 14
They make the RR Sport feel like a urine stained bus.

OK, that's nice and detailed, thanks for that. :smile:
OK, that's nice and detailed, thanks for that. :smile:

You're welcome. Tell me do you plan on buying either of those because i wouldn't mind a ride :biggrin:
Reply 16
You're welcome. Tell me do you plan on buying either of those because i wouldn't mind a ride :biggrin:

LOL and there was me thinking you might be an expert who rides around in them all day. Is your "other car" a Polo?
Reply 17
Original post by JLXP
Aston Martin DBS - in Canary Yellow = epic.

A canary yellow DBS?! There should be laws stopping such a thing, that's sacrilege.
LOL and there was me thinking you might be an expert who rides around in them all day. Is your "other car" a Polo?

I've had a ride in them a few times. If i had a Rolls Royce do you think i'd be on TSR at 1am?
I've had a ride in them a few times. If i had a Rolls Royce do you think i'd be on TSR at 1am?

Maybe you would be an insomniac billionaire? Still, you've had rides in them, which is cool. Describe!

Looking at the Maybach pictures made me search - found this HD vid of one in Germany, I want to be the woman in this plus chauffeur minus boring b/f....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njhijVpV8lY

Latest

Trending

Trending