The Student Room Group

UCAS 2012 - Discuss your decisions **here**

Scroll to see replies

Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain
They can't do anything so ignore them, put the uni you actually want to go to as your firm.

can i ask if i want to study pharmacology will they accpet people if they have a pharmacy personal statement? these are at different universities
Application sent: 2nd Nov
Uni: Liverpool
Course: Law
Decision [Offer/Rejection]: Conditional
Offer Grades: AAA
Reaction: YAY! First offer! :biggrin:
Original post by otrivine
can i ask if i want to study pharmacology will they accpet people if they have a pharmacy personal statement? these are at different universities

No idea what the difference in the courses is to be able to say :hmmmm:
I haven't received any offers yet! Sent my UCAS on 7th of October.

Funny how people around my school are getting offers rolling in, a girl sent her UCAS off and got an offer within 24 hours at UWE.

Would probably choose LSE over Oxford. (If I'm lucky enough to get any offers) lol.
I've got an offer from birmingham and an interview from lancaster to do physics with particle physics and cosmology - also applying to oxford, durham and st andrews, anyone heard anything back from those ones? Apart from oxford of course :P
Original post by Becky94

Original post by Becky94
I got an offer from Coventry for Psych with Criminology, it's where i really wanted to go. Now i'm worried about putting it as my firm as i don't think i'll get offered lower grades from anywhere else. Since, instead of offering me BBB they offered me BCC. All the uni's i applied to are ABB/BBB unis.

You can have a firm without having an insurance :smile: which shouldn't be a problem for you, as you sound confident that you'll get at least BCC!
Original post by Kristina_Lucy

I've got an offer from birmingham and an interview from lancaster to do physics with particle physics and cosmology - also applying to oxford, durham and st andrews, anyone heard anything back from those ones? Apart from oxford of course :P

I've applied to durham for combined honours and haven't heard anything either. But they wait until the jan 15th deadline to reply ): we've got a long wait!
STILL haven't sent my UCAS off! :frown: Am I the only one that hasn't? Seems like it :rolleyes:
Reply 288
Original post by TonyH663
STILL haven't sent my UCAS off! :frown: Am I the only one that hasn't? Seems like it :rolleyes:

Oh, don't worry at all :smile:, a lot of people haven't sent off their UCAS yet..

Tbh, I wish I hadn't of sent mine off either..

If I had the chance to be in your position now I would take it.. Yes I may have 5 offers from 5 uni's within 20 days of sending it.. But, if i had the option to change a choice or 2, I definitly would.

You still have time to look over your choices and decide fully whether you'd be willing to go and study there for 3-4 years..

Its an important decision and I rushed mine.. like an idiot. Be grateful that you still have time to decide! :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by i Pav i
Oh, don't worry at all :smile:, a lot of people haven't sent off their UCAS yet..

Tbh, I wish I hadn't of sent mine off either..

If I had the chance to be in your position now I would take it.. Yes I may have 5 offers from 5 uni's within 20 days of sending it.. But, if i had the option to change a choice or 2, I definitly would.

You still have time to look over your choices and decide fully whether you'd be willing to go and study there for 3-4 years..

Its an important decision and I rushed mine.. like an idiot. Be grateful that you still have time to decide! :smile:

Haha thanks a lot, you have actually made me feel better about it! Can I ask where you applied and what for?
Reply 290
Haha thanks a lot, you have actually made me feel better about it! Can I ask where you applied and what for?

aha, well i felt like rubbish writing all that ahaha :smile: - wishing i'd applied elsewhere.

ermm.. mostly Microbiology.

I'm predicted AAA, but this year i got AAC, a C in Bio. :/ - so i didnt apply anywhere that wanted AAA. just in case i get a B in Biology overall.

1. Nottingham - AAB
2. Birmingham - ABB
3. Liverpool - ABB
4. Reading - ABB
5. Oxford Brookes - BBC

Now, if i could pick my 5 again...

I'd change
- Reading to either.. Southampton/Manchester/Newcastle - most likely Manchester.

- Oxford Brookes to .. Nottingham Trent/Sheffield Hallam/Portsmouth - most likely Notts Trent.

BIG BIG regret applying early.. but nevermind.. its done now aha :smile:

Reading isn't somewhere i'm willing to go.. as its very very expensive.. and Oxford Brookes.. well.. Its nice.. but i'd prefer to be somewhere more lively like Nottingham or Sheffield!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by i Pav i
aha, well i felt like rubbish writing all that ahaha :smile: - wishing i'd applied elsewhere.

ermm.. mostly Microbiology.

I'm predicted AAA, but this year i got AAC, a C in Bio. :/ - so i didnt apply anywhere that wanted AAA. just in case i get a B in Biology overall.

1. Nottingham - AAB
2. Birmingham - ABB
3. Liverpool - ABB
4. Reading - ABB
5. Oxford Brookes - BBC

Now, if i could pick my 5 again...

I'd change
- Reading to either.. Southampton/Manchester/Newcastle - most likely Manchester.

- Oxford Brookes to .. Nottingham Trent/Sheffield Hallam/Portsmouth - most likely Notts Trent.

BIG BIG regret applying early.. but nevermind.. its done now aha :smile:

Reading isn't somewhere i'm willing to go.. as its very very expensive.. and Oxford Brookes.. well.. Its nice.. but i'd prefer to be somewhere more lively like Nottingham or Sheffield!

Haha, nope! Was very good advice. I see what you mean now. I'm applying to Nottingham too :tongue: One of my top choices! Loved it on the open day. I was very close to choosing Manchester as well, though. How many offers do you have, all 5? If so, what is likely to be your firm?
Reply 292
Haha, nope! Was very good advice. I see what you mean now. I'm applying to Nottingham too :tongue: One of my top choices! Loved it on the open day. I was very close to choosing Manchester as well, though. How many offers do you have, all 5? If so, what is likely to be your firm?

No worries :P

Well, Notts on their website and in the 2012 Undergraduate prospectus stated that for my course the grade requirements were BBB, so i was all happy .. expecting an easy BBB offer and then FIRM that at BBB and cruise my way into Nottingham Uni, but they bloody changed the requirements like after i applied haha.. and i got an offer for AAB.. bit annoying - still very possible though :smile:

Visited all of them except Bham and Notts...

Probably going to .. FIRM=Birmingham. - because the course is amazing .. it involves a year in europe :smile:

INSURE - Oxford Brookes - because BBC is like.. me not turning up to half of my exams.. and if i insure Brookes it means that like.. I'm 80% sure ill get BBC next year and be at uni..
Original post by i Pav i
No worries :P

Well, Notts on their website and in the 2012 Undergraduate prospectus stated that for my course the grade requirements were BBB, so i was all happy .. expecting an easy BBB offer and then FIRM that at BBB and cruise my way into Nottingham Uni, but they bloody changed the requirements like after i applied haha.. and i got an offer for AAB.. bit annoying - still very possible though :smile:

Visited all of them except Bham and Notts...

Probably going to .. FIRM=Birmingham. - because the course is amazing .. it involves a year in europe :smile:

INSURE - Oxford Brookes - because BBC is like.. me not turning up to half of my exams.. and if i insure Brookes it means that like.. I'm 80% sure ill get BBC next year and be at uni..

Fair enough! Bham is supposed to be a very good place for a student on the whole. I see where you're coming from with Oxf Brookes. Same with me and Reading really, applying there as a backup. Didn't realise it was expensive there though. Until you pointed it out, of course. :rolleyes:
Reply 294
Fair enough! Bham is supposed to be a very good place for a student on the whole. I see where you're coming from with Oxf Brookes. Same with me and Reading really, applying there as a backup. Didn't realise it was expensive there though. Until you pointed it out, of course. :rolleyes:

its the same prices as London :/

very expensive! and Readings pretty dead i've heard.. well compared to Notts/Bham/Manc etc :P
Original post by alexsasg

Original post by alexsasg
I've applied to durham for combined honours and haven't heard anything either. But they wait until the jan 15th deadline to reply ): we've got a long wait!

and of course the waiting is the worst! What are your predicted grades for what you're taking? Very few people are applying to durham from my school so I've got no idea what the competition is like!

and of course the waiting is the worst! What are your predicted grades for what you're taking? Very few people are applying to durham from my school so I've got no idea what the competition is like!

I'm predicted 3A*s and an A. What about you?

I didn't submit an alternative personal statement for combined honours though, so it's not really tailored to both of the subjects I want to do (Sociology and Spanish), it's mainly just sociology..so I'm kinda worried. :L Durham isn't my first choice, but it'd be lovely all the same to get an offer and not a rejection!

What are you applying for? :smile:
Reply 297
Do universities generally let you know if they have refused your application?
Or do they just throw it in the bin and leave you waiting?
is it true about track updating every 15 mins?
Original post by sumergocogito
So there's no particular order of whether email or letter or track can come first?
I'm a Canadian student and it takes 6-8 business days for letters to cross the ocean and reach my mailbox. If I am so fortunate as to receive an invitation to an interview, I wouldn't get the letter before the confirmation deadline, or interview date for that matter. Would interview invitations be sent by email?

Well the email comes before the letter and as your applying from Canada it will definetly take much much longer for you to recieve the letter. For an interview, you will get an email from UCAS and then when you log into Track, the Univeristies letter on there will tell you whether you have an interview and all the information. Just out of curiousity, what Univeristies are you applying to?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending