The Student Room Group

Tattoo Appreciation Soc. Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cybele
Reading this thread again after so long makes me want more ink. Desperately.

I know, right? It's probably unhealthy.
Original post by Jace Falco
I know, right? It's probably unhealthy.

Random, but I love that lobby card.
Original post by FilthyYouth
Random, but I love that lobby card.

It's an awesome film.
I'm getting a foot tattoo on thursday and I'm reaalllyyy scared about the pain. i already have one above my ankle and i hope its no worse than that D:
Reply 1564
This is the next one I've got lined up......

Spoiler

Realisitically not untill march/april next year as I've just moved house, which is kinda expensive (and not forgetting christmas!)

Size is appears on the image, and it'll be a sidepiece. Going to rework the tattoo's that appear on there at the moment, remove some of the skulls and work in a few other classic images, and get some roses tattoo'd onto her neck. Quite excited about this one.
Reply 1565
Wow, I imagine that'll look brilliant when it's on the skin. Wish I was brave enough to get big pieces. :frown:
Original post by NW86

Spoiler

Realisitically not untill march/april next year as I've just moved house, which is kinda expensive (and not forgetting christmas!)

Size is appears on the image, and it'll be a sidepiece. Going to rework the tattoo's that appear on there at the moment, remove some of the skulls and work in a few other classic images, and get some roses tattoo'd onto her neck. Quite excited about this one.

:sogood:
Original post by NW86

Spoiler

Love it!
I'm getting a new tattoo on wednesday... oddly to celebrate the completion of my back piece.
I'm getting a teeny tiny bird sat in a teacup on my foot. First tattoo I'll have that can be finished in one session :biggrin:
I just had 3hour (well 2.30hr) session, started my back piece, all of the outline is done. I'm very happy with it so far, a bit shocked how big it actually is!
For my first tattoo I'm not doing too bad. I was so scared of the pain, yet it wasn't that bad really. Only some parts actually hurt like going over my ribs and spine.
I'm already thinking of future tattoos. I think I'm hooked now that I know the pain is bearable :biggrin:
Reply 1570
Original post by parasitic
I just had 3hour (well 2.30hr) session, started my back piece, all of the outline is done. I'm very happy with it so far, a bit shocked how big it actually is!
For my first tattoo I'm not doing too bad. I was so scared of the pain, yet it wasn't that bad really. Only some parts actually hurt like going over my ribs and spine.
I'm already thinking of future tattoos. I think I'm hooked now that I know the pain is bearable :biggrin:

You're so brave getting a 3 hour session for your first piece. I was ****ing it before getting a 30 minute small item to start!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by LewisH
You're so brave getting a 3 hour session for your first piece. I was ****ing it before getting a 30 minute small item to start!

Oh believe me I was ****ting myself when the stencil was done and I was standing there, thinking...this is it. Can't run away :biggrin:
I wanted a small little tattoo too, to test my pain threshold but I never decided on one and where to get it.. so ended up just going for what I really wanted which was a back piece. I made the right choice.

I will still be ****ting myself in the future when I get other tattoos, like on my foot/leg or something... There will always be that unknown area of pain. I just know one thing, ribs= ticklish pain.
I've had a shoulder and foot tattoo, and my next one (in planning) is going to be more butterflies on my back...and possibly a catepillar.

Anyone who's had a foot tattoo know if any parts of the back hurt more?

If i'm honest, i'm not sure why i'm asking, cause the foot hurt like a b**** and if I can do that then I can get anything done xD

My new tattoo, only took slightly short of 2 hours. I love it :smile:

Some moles getting in the way but nevermind
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by VickyTink
I've had a shoulder and foot tattoo, and my next one (in planning) is going to be more butterflies on my back...and possibly a catepillar.

Anyone who's had a foot tattoo know if any parts of the back hurt more?

If i'm honest, i'm not sure why i'm asking, cause the foot hurt like a b**** and if I can do that then I can get anything done xD

I've just had a tattoo on my foot, and the only other place I've had a tattoo is my back. I've got a full back piece so I know what every spot feels like and to be honest none of your back will hurt as much as your foot. Except maybe the middle of your back, where the back of your bra sits.

I thought the foot was definitely more intense but because it is smaller and required less time it didnt seem as hard to endure. Everybody is different, but i've done a 6 hour session on my back, there isn't a chance in hell that I'd be willing to do that on my foot ....
Original post by RachelWest
I've just had a tattoo on my foot, and the only other place I've had a tattoo is my back. I've got a full back piece so I know what every spot feels like and to be honest none of your back will hurt as much as your foot. Except maybe the middle of your back, where the back of your bra sits.

I thought the foot was definitely more intense but because it is smaller and required less time it didnt seem as hard to endure. Everybody is different, but i've done a 6 hour session on my back, there isn't a chance in hell that I'd be willing to do that on my foot ....

Thanks! That puts my mind at rest & I know realise i'll be able to walk like a normal person afterwards if I get a back piece xD

I'm thinking of avoiding the bra area anyway (as much as I can) since it was a pain to heal my shoulder under a brastrap! But then, healing a foot tattoo where socks don't help whatsoever...when you live in quite possibly Britains wettest city is incredibly difficult!

One day I'll pick a tattoo and area that won't be in an awkward place!
Original post by VickyTink
Thanks! That puts my mind at rest & I know realise i'll be able to walk like a normal person afterwards if I get a back piece xD

I'm thinking of avoiding the bra area anyway (as much as I can) since it was a pain to heal my shoulder under a brastrap! But then, healing a foot tattoo where socks don't help whatsoever...when you live in quite possibly Britains wettest city is incredibly difficult!

One day I'll pick a tattoo and area that won't be in an awkward place!

When I had the lines done on all my back I literally couldn't bend, I felt like an old lady the morning after. Was fine after that though. :smile:
Original post by RachelWest
When I had the lines done on all my back I literally couldn't bend, I felt like an old lady the morning after. Was fine after that though. :smile:

Haha, I'll pick a day where i'm doing absolutely nothing the day after xD At least that was only one day! I had three days of hobbling round in flipflops xD
What does everyone think about one black and grey sleeve and one colour sleeve, cant decide whether to have my next sleeve in colour or not...
Hi Andy, I would say greyscale is a nice sleeve tattoo, but adding odd specs of colour into it, I find the colour tattoos fade quicker and the greyscale looks better as it fades. Sounds odd to say but looks more natural. I have a colour one and the colour looks so faded and its only 5years old but the greyscale looks better with age lol. I am going to get a hand of fatima done in greyscale with a etched rose in the middle of it, good luck.
Original post by AndyMulhall
What does everyone think about one black and grey sleeve and one colour sleeve, cant decide whether to have my next sleeve in colour or not...

Quick Reply

Latest