The Student Room Group

The Natural Sciences 2012 Applicants!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by rosycakes
I didn't realise they had a visit day I got an offer from Leeds but haven't heard anything at all from them :frown: unloved!

Did you not recieve a pack in the post from leeds a couple of days after getting an offer? ;S. I got a pack which had all the course related stuff in, and a letter containing a link for the ucas visit days for natsci. Might be worth contacting them? Do you like leeds? :smile:
Reply 41
Original post by LittleLucy
Did you not recieve a pack in the post from leeds a couple of days after getting an offer? ;S. I got a pack which had all the course related stuff in, and a letter containing a link for the ucas visit days for natsci. Might be worth contacting them? Do you like leeds? :smile:

I didn't get anything at all! haha maybe I should contact them, I'll wait a couple of weeks. I don't think I'll go for an open day as it's quite far away and only my second or third choice and also I got a good look round on the open day. I loved it actually, everyone was really friendly (I guess they have to be on an open day) and the course looked good etc etc. What about you?
Reply 42
Original post by rosycakes
I didn't get anything at all! haha maybe I should contact them, I'll wait a couple of weeks. I don't think I'll go for an open day as it's quite far away and only my second or third choice and also I got a good look round on the open day. I loved it actually, everyone was really friendly (I guess they have to be on an open day) and the course looked good etc etc. What about you?

I really liked leeds university but didnt find too much out about the natsci course (thought it was strange they didnt have a talk for it!).
Reply 43
Hey Guys, I've applied for NatSci too! at: Bath, Birmingham, Nottingham and Cambridge...

Have had offers from Bath: A*AA Birmingham: A*AA and Nottingham: AAA or AABB just waiting on the last one now... Although Im convinced my interview went awfully so not expecting an offer!

Just wondering for what unis have people confirmed their majors already?
Reply 44
Woooooop wooop just got a durham offer for A*AA, has anyone else heard back yet? Just waiting for Cambitch and its all over... The tension is palpable and nauseating.
Original post by TheoNatSci
Woooooop wooop just got a durham offer for A*AA, has anyone else heard back yet? Just waiting for Cambitch and its all over... The tension is palpable and nauseating.

Congrats! I also have a durham offer :smile:. What college did you apply for and also are you going to the open day in March?
Reply 46
Original post by tgarrud
Congrats! I also have a durham offer :smile:. What college did you apply for and also are you going to the open day in March?

I did open so I don't know which college has me yet. I don't know very much about Durham at all to be honest. Which are the good colleges (I realise this is very hard to answer haha)? Was yours A*AA too?
I did open so I don't know which college has me yet. I don't know very much about Durham at all to be honest. Which are the good colleges (I realise this is very hard to answer haha)? Was yours A*AA too?

Yep A*AA lol. I don't really know to be honest what are considered the 'good' colleges. I picked my college (St. Aiden's) because it seemed one of the least posh and it has a good music scene lol
Reply 48
Original post by tgarrud
Yep A*AA lol. I don't really know to be honest what are considered the 'good' colleges. I picked my college (St. Aiden's) because it seemed one of the least posh and it has a good music scene lol

I will seek advice when I am informed of which college I've been allocated. The thing that kinda sucks is that Durham is regarded as not a big step down from Cambridge, but in world rankings (according to QS) it's in 96th place compared to: Cambridge 1st; UCL 7th; Birmingham 67th; and Nottingham 74th... Durham way below Birmingham??? I was so confused by these stats....
Reply 49
Original post by holly-ver
Hey Guys, I've applied for NatSci too! at: Bath, Birmingham, Nottingham and Cambridge...

Have had offers from Bath: A*AA Birmingham: A*AA and Nottingham: AAA or AABB just waiting on the last one now... Although Im convinced my interview went awfully so not expecting an offer!

Just wondering for what unis have people confirmed their majors already?

Is this holly as in the holly I met at Birmingham visit day?
I will seek advice when I am informed of which college I've been allocated. The thing that kinda sucks is that Durham is regarded as not a big step down from Cambridge, but in world rankings (according to QS) it's in 96th place compared to: Cambridge 1st; UCL 7th; Birmingham 67th; and Nottingham 74th... Durham way below Birmingham??? I was so confused by these stats....

ouch yeah that is strange :s-smilie: In terms of the NatSci course I thought Durham was 2nd to Cambridge but above everyone else.
Reply 51
Is this holly as in the holly I met at Birmingham visit day?

Haha yeah it is! Coincidence? :tongue:

Hope you're okay? :smile: and well done on the offers!
Have you decided where you prefer yet? or waiting for the post today? haha...
Cambridge offer :smile: who else has got a camb natsci offer?
Reply 53
Original post by tgarrud

me too :eek: :smile:
Reply 54
Original post by tgarrud

I do :smile: ! (@ Jesus)
Reply 55
Original post by Pmarc

Mine's at jesus too... :smile:
me too :eek: :smile:

Original post by Pmarc

haha nice :smile: hopefully I'll see you there in October! What offers did you guys get? I got A*AA with the A* in any subject which is a really nice offer considering (thank god it didnt include my extra AS in further maths lol) :smile:.
Reply 57
Original post by tgarrud
haha nice :smile: hopefully I'll see you there in October! What offers did you guys get? I got A*AA with the A* in any subject which is a really nice offer considering (thank god it didnt include my extra AS in further maths lol) :smile:.

A*AAB and yeah the A* is unspecified which is a relief

Mine's at jesus too... :smile:

Nice :biggrin: hopefully I'll see you there
Reply 58
Original post by tgarrud

mine was A*AAB and the A* was unspecified :smile:
Reply 59
Haha yeah it is! Coincidence? :tongue:

Hope you're okay? :smile: and well done on the offers!
Have you decided where you prefer yet? or waiting for the post today? haha...

Thanks lovely! got pooled but just got an offer from peterhouse! come on natsci-ers 2k12!!! x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending