The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I love a girl in cuffs.
Reply 21
Well, you can kiss going to University and ever having a decent job goodbye.
Original post by Bally2

Yep I totally agree-for the rest of your life, you will have to declare that on your CRB form. Also, in this current climate- you will find it incredibly hard to find a job. People without any criminal record- are not getting jobs. So there is no chance- if you have one. Sorry to scare you, but that is how it is...
Reply 23
OP, in short, you're an idiot.

Original post by katerawlinson
Im dreading telling my parents that, the police are going to come to the house and collect me tomorrow @ 10am...

This seems to me that you regret what you did due to your parents reaction...not because what you did was immoral.

Why were you stealing from Boots anyway? "It just happened" isn't an acceptable answer.
Reply 24
Well you only have to think about it logically. Tell your mother now and be in a ****storm or let her find out when the police come take and be in an even bigger ****storm.

Logic is you best friends (stops you from shoplifting too!).
Just tell her it was your friend who was caught shoplifting but you are both getting arrested, easy.
Why are people who are quite rightly taking the side of the law getting negged? Who do shoplifters think they are? Perhaps we should all shoplift, as it should be entirely legal, given the consensus on here...
Reply 27
what do you expect for shop lifting? if your stupid enough to do it and then on top of that stupid enough to get caught you have it coming im afraid... the point of this is to deter you from doing it again just take it on the chin ... id be more concerned about what your friends parents are going to do to you tbh... if someone got my son arrested [and thats how theyre going to see it] id go loopy with you..
Original post by Jon of the North
Why are people who are quite rightly taking the side of the law getting negged? Who do shoplifters think they are? Perhaps we should all shoplift, as it should be entirely legal, given the consensus on here...

Because I don't like giving my money to multi-million worth businesses.
People on this forum are dickheads. You made a mistake, hopefully you've learned your lesson.
Original post by SophiaKeuning
Because I don't like giving my money to multi-million worth businesses.

Is this for real? No one enjoys spending money, but what the hell else do you suggest? What your advocating would result in anarchism, then just take a look at some of the London riots footage to see what your weekly shop would be like. Get a grip, we live in a world where we receive commodities for their exchange value, and nothing short of some kind of universal utopia is going to change that. Grow up.
Reply 31
Original post by Tahooper
Shouldn't have shoplifted.

P.S. Don't drop the soap in jail.

They are female...
Reply 32
Are shop security allowed to hold you against your will? Surely they're nothing more than private citizens and have no more power than anyone else.
Reply 33
Original post by kaylafrances
People on this forum are dickheads. You made a mistake, hopefully you've learned your lesson.

She knew it was wrong, yet she still did it, only way I would see this justified is if it was steal or die, which I'm guessing is unlikely.
Reply 34
Original post by Besakt
They are female...

Oh I'm deeply sorry to have offended you, I never realised you didn't have any fingers or fists you could use to forcibly enter a woman's orifice if they dropped a bar of soap in the shower room :wink:
Reply 35
Original post by Tahooper
Oh I'm deeply sorry to have offended you, I never realised you didn't have any fingers or fists you could use to forcibly enter a woman's orifice if they dropped a bar of soap in the shower room :wink:

Vivid imagination.
Original post by Bally2

Depends what she is given, a similar thing happened to me and i was given a restorative caution, which i do not have to mention to employers and unis.
Original post by .Hannah
Are shop security allowed to hold you against your will? Surely they're nothing more than private citizens and have no more power than anyone else.

I think that if they see a crime being committed then they are allowed to detain you untill Police arrive.
Original post by Besakt
She knew it was wrong, yet she still did it, only way I would see this justified is if it was steal or die, which I'm guessing is unlikely.

Some people need to do things themselves and learn from them, not just be told it's wrong. I'm not condoning it but it seems that going through all this is going to deter her.
Original post by katerawlinson
Ok, I know we shouldn't of done it but.... It happened.

Today me and one of my friends got caught shoplifting in boots. We were taken into a security room by the security guard.

We offered to pay for the stuff (about £20) he wasn't having any of it... He got the manager to come and she said we would be banned from the store, fair enough, but also said they were going to call the police and have us arrested....

After about 30 minuets, the police arrived. We were both handcuffed, (as the door was open).

The police went off and had a chat with the manager, after about another 10 minuets, the came back and said that they were going to do 'street bail'.

This basically means that we have 'technically' been arrested for theft, and the police will come and take us into custody at a pre arranged time from our homes...

We asked if we could not be taken in now, the police were on foot patrol and no vans available....

Im dreading telling my parents that, the police are going to come to the house and collect me tomorrow @ 10am...

I asked them if I have to go in a police car, and he said no. And replied you'll have to go in a van... Do you think the'll put me in a restraint handcuffs tomorrow? Will I have to be put in a cell or do you think the'll just interview me and deal with it...

My friend is getting picked up tomorrow at 10:30, so I presume the'll pick me up and then her...

Argh!

How old are you?

If you are very young, they should let you off and if you had the money, you shouldn't have stole it in the first place.

Latest

Trending

Trending