The Student Room Group

Am I being too keen?

I met a guy on friday night, he stayed at mine (nothing really happene) and we swapped numbers. Texted him the next night and he was keen for me to come out, but I said I wasn't going to be out. He ended up phoning me up and crashing at mine cause he forgot his keys, again not much happened, and he had to leave early this morning but we talked quite a bit before he left.

I then texted him this evening, and he was texting back, but sent him a text asking what he's up to tonight and he didn't reply. Does it sound like I'm being a bit keen by always being the first to text?

I always seem to repel guys so am really cautious of being too keen! He has said that he wants to get to know me better etc though.
If you've done nothing the 2 times he's stayed at yours, maybe he does actually wanna get to know you better. Him not replying to one text doesn't mean anything. Generally if someone doesn't respond to a text you should wait for a response rather than sending another. Just wait to hear from him tomorrow, you don't have to rush things. You've seen him twice in 2 days anyway so surely you can wait a day or two before seeing him again.
Reply 2
Original post by RichyFrench
If you've done nothing the 2 times he's stayed at yours, maybe he does actually wanna get to know you better. Him not replying to one text doesn't mean anything. Generally if someone doesn't respond to a text you should wait for a response rather than sending another. Just wait to hear from him tomorrow, you don't have to rush things. You've seen him twice in 2 days anyway so surely you can wait a day or two before seeing him again.

Thanks for the advice. We have done some stuff, but haven't gone the whole way. Yeah you're right about having seen him for 2 days. I won't text him again if he doesn't text back.

Fingers crossed that he is keen haha.
Yes.
Reply 4
Original post by Pink Bullets
Yes.

How so?
Original post by Anonymous
How so?

You just spent two nights in a row with him, and you asked to see him again for a third night in a row. You only met him two days ago...
Reply 6
You just spent two nights in a row with him, and you asked to see him again for a third night in a row. You only met him two days ago...

Didn't ask to see him again at all, just asked conversationally if he was doing much this evening... I'd have no intention of seeing him tonight?!
Didn't ask to see him again at all, just asked conversationally if he was doing much this evening... I'd have no intention of seeing him tonight?!

Asking someone "What are you up to tonight?" is usually a lead-in to making plans...
Reply 8
Asking someone "What are you up to tonight?" is usually a lead-in to making plans...

Errm, totally disagree. If a guy said that to me I wouldn't think 'oh he wants to meet tonight', I'd just think he was making conversation....
Errm, totally disagree. If a guy said that to me I wouldn't think 'oh he wants to meet tonight', I'd just think he was making conversation....

In any case, you just saw him this morning. Not to mention last night and the night before. What could you possibly have to talk about already?
Reply 10
Well the fact that you met him on Friday AND let him stay with you is a bit.....hmmm.....easy? Jesus girl, what happened to playing hard to get? Or does everyone just rush into bed and then declare it a relationship?

You say that he forgot his keys.....does he live by himself? Friends? Parents?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending