The Student Room Group

G4S 2012 Olympics Job

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by Yellow_Watermelon
how do I find my Licence Number?

You should soon receive a letter from SIA stating the license tracking guidance where you can continuously check the status of your license and then you;ll soon receive certificate from highfields regarding the training then within 25 days SIA will either grant you the license and then you will be given your license number and your card will be with you within the next few days, i just received my license today...

PS. Keep checking via the website tracker to be updated regarding your license.

Hope this helps.

bdw i fought you havent done the training so have you done your training already ?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 161
Original post by geetar
I finally got around to applying for this, I've got my interview on the 19th April. I also went on a job blitz, and applied for five other Olympics jobs.

Thats good you have kept your options open and wide but at the end when getting accreditation you'll have to pick one i think...
Reply 162
Original post by Dannybhoy1
Well thanks for that mate, i appreciate your help :smile: aye hopefully i'll see you there! I'll let you know when im done.

How did it go lad?
Original post by Prodigy
How did it go lad?

Yeah it went great thanks mate. I passed the interview stage! Just got the long process of waiting for my crb checks and everything now. Looks like I could be seeing you there! Did they let you pick what role you wanted?
Reply 164
Original post by Dannybhoy1
Yeah it went great thanks mate. I passed the interview stage! Just got the long process of waiting for my crb checks and everything now. Looks like I could be seeing you there! Did they let you pick what role you wanted?

Nope. I read that most people were told after training for the SIA license or something lol.
Reply 165
has anyone been invited for the VSA Lane Marshall/Vehicle Searcher Training recently or done this training ??
Original post by niyaz93
You should soon receive a letter from SIA stating the license tracking guidance where you can continuously check the status of your license and then you;ll soon receive certificate from highfields regarding the training then within 25 days SIA will either grant you the license and then you will be given your license number and your card will be with you within the next few days, i just received my license today...

PS. Keep checking via the website tracker to be updated regarding your license.

Hope this helps.

bdw i fought you havent done the training so have you done your training already ?

I have my level 2 door supervisor done at my local college as part of bridging the gap althou I have no proof of this.

I also must attend another training course tomorrow organised by my local college something about searching and screening I assume I have to complete that.

defiantly a lack of info about this program no idea what I should be doing
I will try and speak to someone tomorrow if they don't help I will just apply via G4s and ignore this bridging the gap

still not had an interview they are always fully booked.

when do I get my free 6 months SIA licence?
Reply 167
I have my level 2 door supervisor done at my local college as part of bridging the gap althou I have no proof of this.

I also must attend another training course tomorrow organised by my local college something about searching and screening I assume I have to complete that.

defiantly a lack of info about this program no idea what I should be doing
I will try and speak to someone tomorrow if they don't help I will just apply via G4s and ignore this bridging the gap

still not had an interview they are always fully booked.

when do I get my free 6 months SIA licence?

am sure you will recieve it after you finish the searching and screening training, but as i have applied through g4s itself, the procedures are different and more valuable i would say, my license is valid for 3years; yeah there always booked as so many people are looking for jobs..and if you do the training on searching please update me on what kind of things you have to do as my training is coming up soon for vehicle searcher..
Reply 168
I applied to work in security at St James' Park and got through the interview. I'm a student but was told to put my 'current employer' as my reference. I am employed as a student ambassador, so I don't exactly work much and as a result don't know my employer personally... can they still really be my reference?
Original post by niyaz93
am sure you will recieve it after you finish the searching and screening training, but as i have applied through g4s itself, the procedures are different and more valuable i would say, my license is valid for 3years; yeah there always booked as so many people are looking for jobs..and if you do the training on searching please update me on what kind of things you have to do as my training is coming up soon for vehicle searcher..

just did searching and screening

very basic
guns and bombs are prohibited just incase you didn't know that..
apparently there is also a threat of terrorism at the Olympics as well.
had to fill in a booklet about those things

then perform a bag search and a body search.

I think about 60 people where there each group was 20 large.

we worked in groups of 4 body search was done in pairs

I think 3 people in our group of 20 had not had interviews including me and 1 of those has one booked.

This was organised by my college
we will receive a certificate for the searching and screening
Reply 170
Went to an interview about a month ago. Got a phonecall yesterday from G4S where they read out my entire application to me before letting me know that they were putting it through for screening. I do wish they'd hurry up...
Reply 171
just did searching and screening

very basic
guns and bombs are prohibited just incase you didn't know that..
apparently there is also a threat of terrorism at the Olympics as well.
had to fill in a booklet about those things

then perform a bag search and a body search.

I think about 60 people where there each group was 20 large.

we worked in groups of 4 body search was done in pairs

I think 3 people in our group of 20 had not had interviews including me and 1 of those has one booked.

This was organised by my college
we will receive a certificate for the searching and screening

Oh nice, yeah im aware of the prohibited items lol and aware of the threat ..do they teach you first how to do the search's?
3 weeks later I just got a called to confirm everything on my application and he said i'm onto the next stage so they are starting to contact 5 year history and referees. Not sure why he phoned for this but I think this is quick and good to see they are working on my case as some people I see haven't hear anything after months
Reply 173
Original post by GuitarWizard
3 weeks later I just got a called to confirm everything on my application and he said i'm onto the next stage so they are starting to contact 5 year history and referees. Not sure why he phoned for this but I think this is quick and good to see they are working on my case as some people I see haven't hear anything after months

Well they kind of got a big load to do, lol and also i think different people are being processed different ways depending on their applications which is why they are getting different experiences, what i realised it some people are getting trained before the interviews?

for me the interview came first then vetting and training so yeah im a little confused too..
Reply 174
anyone been invited to a skills for security training yet with g4s ? in their training centre ?
Original post by niyaz93
anyone been invited to a skills for security training yet with g4s ? in their training centre ?

searching and screening or something else?

bridging the gap has no more interviews anymore when I refresh it

just applied for Wimbledon tennis via G4s website booked an interview already.
unlike this bridging the gap thing you must have already completed the application form online.

Original post by niyaz93
Oh nice, yeah im aware of the prohibited items lol and aware of the threat ..do they teach you first how to do the search's?

yea a quick demonstration and with body searches the 10 steps are on the projector in case you forget.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 176
searching and screening or something else?

bridging the gap has no more interviews anymore when I refresh it

just applied for Wimbledon tennis via G4s website booked an interview already.
unlike this bridging the gap thing you must have already completed the application form online.

yea a quick demonstration and with body searches the 10 steps are on the projector in case you forget.

oh okay nice ermm nah im doing it through g4s website so they might be doing the training different then bridge in the gap..
Reply 177
Applied for this job and got a phone call to book a training session.

If I attend to training... do I have to take the job? If I pass the training I'm not sure which city I'd be based in (since I put down two cities) and even then I may or may not get other job offers for the summer which I'd rather take... Could I take the training then just drop out?
Reply 178
Hey,
Is it too late to apply for this job?
And if I pass the interview, when would the training be?
Know this is rather last-minute! Thanks in advance :smile:
Original post by David20
Hey,
Is it too late to apply for this job?

yar sorry the application process closed a month or two ago.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending