The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2180
Ok so I ate 2 lindor chocolate eggs but they were good and I regret nothing
It's been a good day so far.

Just back from a long run and still on a high :biggrin: 12.38km in 1:17.07
Not the fastest but it's the furthest I've ever run by over 2 km and the longest by 9 minutes

I'm kind of toying with the idea of entering a half marathon at some point this year as a bit of a personal challenge. I've been running on and off for over a year, but could really do with some consistent training. A full marathon would be too much as I'm going to be very busy this summer with placements and then rotations all of next year, but starting to think a half could be attainable.
Original post by Floob
Ok so I ate 2 lindor chocolate eggs but they were good and I regret nothing
It's been a good day so far.

Not the fastest but it's the furthest I've ever run by over 2 km and the longest by 9 minutes

I'm kind of toying with the idea of entering a half marathon at some point this year as a bit of a personal challenge. I've been running on and off for over a year, but could really do with some consistent training. A full marathon would be too much as I'm going to be very busy this summer with placements and then rotations all of next year, but starting to think a half could be attainable.

You should enter one now. The longest I have ever run myself is also 12km and I registered to do runtothebeat in October.
Original post by Floob

Original post by Chrisateen
You should enter one now. The longest I have ever run myself is also 12km and I registered to do runtothebeat in October.

I agree! I've entered one in June and I'm running 8 miles at the minute, pretty much the same as you!
Reply 2183
Original post by Chrisateen

Original post by Yellow-nutshell
I agree! I've entered one in June and I'm running 8 miles at the minute, pretty much the same as you!

Thanks for the support guys! There's the Great Scottish Run in September which I'd quite like to do. I did the 10K last year though so part of me wants to run that again and blow my last time out of the water. I'm going to have a look around and see if there is another 1/2 marathon I'd like to run, or maybe another 10K. Pretty sure I could do both this summer
Bleugh crap day. Eaten maintenance (including exercise cals) plus more. Thing is, I've been genuinely hungry all day. Usually, its greed and eating crap but today I've had no desire to reach for junk food but I need more fooodddd despite eating ridiculously... :frown:
Reply 2185
Back to this, need something to focus on and if he doesn't want me then at least I can look ****ing good.
Reply 2186
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
:-(. *Sulk*

Just added you on facebook btw, L N :smile:
Original post by *GoLdSeQuIn*
Bleugh crap day. Eaten maintenance (including exercise cals) plus more. Thing is, I've been genuinely hungry all day. Usually, its greed and eating crap but today I've had no desire to reach for junk food but I need more fooodddd despite eating ridiculously... :frown:

Sounds to me like your body is trying to tell you that you're not eating enough on a day to day basis :hugs:

-------
Ooops, I was naughty last night and had take away pizza :colondollar: But I shared a large one (*snigger*) with my boyfriend, so had less than half, and we didn't have any sides, so it wasn't too bad.

Will be having (or attempting to have) a healthy day today though :smile: still doing my best to get my boyfriend into better eating habits.
Weigh in day! And I was sure I was on track for a bigger loss, after the scales showing 151.0lbs every day since Wednesday but no: I'm at 151.2 lbs. Which is still a loss of 0.6 lbs from last week so yay!
Original post by sauce
Just added you on facebook btw, L N :smile:

Accepted :biggrin:.

..My Easter Eggs have all GONE now. The shells, anyway. I have 3 creme eggs, 2 malteasters, 2 little bars of Galaxy, and a fair bit of Lindor left from a huge egg.. but for some reason I can limit myself to one treat a night.. something about Easter where if I open one of the shells I just HAVE to eat the whole thing, even though it's over 800 cals! But that's all done with now, so busy weekend, and then back to normality (and term time) on Monday!
Same as Angel, Easter eggs GONE! Back to uni tomorrow, and hopefully the start of a better diet. Cue the return of 30DS.
Breakfast: two crumpets and some butter
Dinner: sliced chicken tikka breast (only 116 cals for 100g!) in a white pitta bread with lettuce, cucumber and light mayo
Tea: going to my dads so unsure, but got 600+ cals left :smile:
Original post by outlaw-torn
Breakfast: two crumpets and some butter
Dinner: sliced chicken tikka breast (only 116 cals for 100g!) in a white pitta bread with lettuce, cucumber and light mayo
Tea: going to my dads so unsure, but got 600+ cals left :smile:

Sounds yummy. Here's my day:

Breakfast: Special K Oats & Honey with a banana chopped on top and skimmed milk
AM Snack: 50g frozen grapes (mmm!)
Lunch: Warburton's Square Wrap folded and filled with mozzarella cheese, tuna and spring onions then toasted on stove top (yum!) with a side salad and dollop of Helmann's light mayo; Muller Light Greek Style Yoghurt
PM snack: Fat free Greek yoghurt with fresh strawberries and raspberries
Tea: Homemade prawn, chicken and chorizo paella

Comes in at about 1700 and 115g protein, which leaves 100cals spare for a chocolate mousse or pot of choccy philly after tea if I so wish :biggrin:

EDIT: Afternoon snack has changed to the homemade banana nutella loaf I made. 136 cals a slice and it was SO delicious.
(edited 12 years ago)
Having problems getting enough calories in >_<

Signed up to my fitness pal and logged all the food I`ve eaten so far today, and what I plan to eat for dinner.

Breakfast (259 calories) - Alpen no added sugar cereal and plain yogurt, with a cup of tea with semi-skimmed milk

Lunch (257 calories) - Wrap with salsa, lettuce and cucumber with a small salad (lettuce, cucumber, carrot, no dressing)

Planned Dinner (319 calories) - Scrambled egg and wholemeal toast

Snacks (340) - raw apple with cinammon, banana, 2 galaxy caramel mini eggs and grapes

and this is only 1175 :/

It says my aim is 1200... but I also did some exercise (30 minutes of a tiffany rothe workout) with more planned for tonight
so I`d need to add the calories burnt from that too right?

I`m hoping to increase my exercise over the next few weeks... but I`m worried about not eating enough and becoming too tired, or ill.
Original post by IBzombie
Having problems getting enough calories in >_<

Signed up to my fitness pal and logged all the food I`ve eaten so far today, and what I plan to eat for dinner.

Breakfast (259 calories) - Alpen no added sugar cereal and plain yogurt, with a cup of tea with semi-skimmed milk

Lunch (257 calories) - Wrap with salsa, lettuce and cucumber with a small salad (lettuce, cucumber, carrot, no dressing)

Planned Dinner (319 calories) - Scrambled egg and wholemeal toast

Snacks (340) - raw apple with cinammon, banana, 2 galaxy caramel mini eggs and grapes

and this is only 1175 :/

It says my aim is 1200... but I also did some exercise (30 minutes of a tiffany rothe workout) with more planned for tonight
so I`d need to add the calories burnt from that too right?

I`m hoping to increase my exercise over the next few weeks... but I`m worried about not eating enough and becoming too tired, or ill.

Scrambled egg on toast isn't really a substantial enough meal for dinner, especially if you're just having a wrap for lunch. You need to add on your exercise calories - 1200 is the absolute minimum for a day when you're doing nothing.

You can add extra calories without adding volume if you swap semi-skim milk for full fat, same with yoghurt, and add dressings to salad. Also, are you vegetarian? Aside from the eggs and yoghurt you haven't got much protein there - you could add chicken into your wrap, or have a proper meat + 2 veg dinner.
Original post by Becca-Sarah
Scrambled egg on toast isn't really a substantial enough meal for dinner, especially if you're just having a wrap for lunch. You need to add on your exercise calories - 1200 is the absolute minimum for a day when you're doing nothing.

You can add extra calories without adding volume if you swap semi-skim milk for full fat, same with yoghurt, and add dressings to salad. Also, are you vegetarian? Aside from the eggs and yoghurt you haven't got much protein there - you could add chicken into your wrap, or have a proper meat + 2 veg dinner.

Thank you ^^
I just don`t have any meat right now, and I`m trying to use up what I have before it goes off >_< May do a small food shop tomorrow. I will try to buy full fat dairy products next time :biggrin:
Didn`t realise how low the calories were until I added it up

Normally scrambled eggs on two slices of toast is enough for me :/ I will try to add something more :biggrin:

Thank you for your advice ^^ Let`s hope tomorrow is easier
Today had:

B: nothing due to lying in bed with bf till 11 :smile:
L: alpen porridge with soya milk and glass of OJ and a coffee with soya milk
D: tin of tomato soup with 1.5 scone and loads f tea :smile:
Snacks: apple, mango and strawberry & a regular costa light with soya milk

I have night shift tonight though and unsure of how many calories I've had though I suspect not enough!
asdfghjkl why do I always overeat my calories when I DON'T exercise? :angry:

-___________-
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
Accepted :biggrin:.

..My Easter Eggs have all GONE now. The shells, anyway. I have 3 creme eggs, 2 malteasters, 2 little bars of Galaxy, and a fair bit of Lindor left from a huge egg.. but for some reason I can limit myself to one treat a night.. something about Easter where if I open one of the shells I just HAVE to eat the whole thing, even though it's over 800 cals! But that's all done with now, so busy weekend, and then back to normality (and term time) on Monday!

I added you on Facebook by the way :biggrin:
Today:

B: Shredded Wheat with skimmed milk. Innocent smoothie. Coffee + coffee mate.

L: Butternut squash soup with a wholemeal roll and light butter. Apple and crunchy peanut butter.

S: Melba toast (x6) and crunchy peanut butter.

D: Wholemeal pitta bread with turkey and salad. 1tbsp mayo.

Drinks: green tea, normal tea with skimmed milk, vitamin C & zinc tablet in water, water.

The turkey was marinated in lemon juice, water, pepper, herbs and a bit of fry light. I'll tone down the lemon in future but it was yummy and so low calorie it's unbelievable. Turkey is definitely my new go-to.

Now I just have to no eat until breakfast tomorrow... I should have saved the second peanut butter snack for now! I'm awful for binging at night, and today is the first chocolate/sweets/biscuit free day in ages. I'm tired and wanting bad food.

Latest