The Student Room Group

Sutton Trust Summer School 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Larry31
Rejected by Cambridge for Medicine, but I've been offered a place on their Experience Cambridge: Medicine event, with group working for 3 weeks and a day in Cambridge for sample lectures etc. so I'm not too annoyed xD

What GCSE grades did you get?
Original post by the_ravster
I got into Economics at Cambridge too. Glad to know there are some fellow people on TSR going! I look forward to meeting the both of you :smile:

Wahey. Look forward to meeting you. :smile:
Got rejected from both UNIQ and Sutton Trust for maths :frown: But got into both of their alternatives (day in Oxford, experience Cambridge) :smile:
Reply 1103
Original post by anuradha_d
Guys who's at Gonville and Caius for 13-17th? I'm there for Physics... cant believe it!

I am, for maths :biggrin:
Reply 1104
Got a place on the reserve list for Education at Cambridge... don't know what the chances are that I'll actually get to go but better than rejection I guess :smile:
Reply 1105
I got Gonville and Caius 13-17, for physics. Does anyone know when a hear back for the USA Sutton trust applications?
Original post by johnttam
I got Gonville and Caius 13-17, for physics. Does anyone know when a hear back for the USA Sutton trust applications?

Me too! High five xD

Sorry no clue :colondollar:
Original post by IndyJK9

Wooop! Well done xD
Original post by anuradha_d
Guys who's at Gonville and Caius for 13-17th? I'm there for Physics... cant believe it!

Original post by johnttam

Looks like its us three for Physics!
Original post by Perpetuallity
Looks like its us three for Physics!

So exciiiiited! I warn you now ; I'm crazy.
Reply 1110
Appears I've managed to blag my way onto Law at Churchill College in July. \o/

Commiserations to all who weren't as lucky, 4000 applicants is a fairly hefty number; only a 10% chance of securing a spot. So don't be disheartened!
Original post by placebo24
There or now? :tongue: Someone should make a Saint Johns facebook page so we can all get to know each other better or something :smile:

There!! I think they should too, it would be great! :smile:
Hey, did anyone get into the FE Cambridge summer school on the 21st August?
Original post by liamdunne
I just received my letter and I got accepted for Theology & Religious Studies with Philosophy!!! :dancing: <--- That is me and Philosophy. <3 Has anyone else received a letter confirming their place for this course? :biggrin:

Did you get on Sutton trust of the FE summer school?
I applied for that too! :biggrin:
Original post by AspiringDoctor
Wow! A massive congratulations! Really happy for you :biggrin:

I got rejected from Cambridge medicine today, 853 applications for 35 places :frown: Naturally I'm gutted, but was expecting it all along! But have been offered a place on a new thing called Experience Cambridge: Medicine where you work on a project with other applicants and get support from a current Cambridge undergraduate. There's also a one-day visit in July which includes taster lectures, admissions talks, interactive sessions. I'm quite grateful for it since I can't make the official open day as I'll be in Malawi at the time.

It makes the rejection a little easier to take :smile:

Bad luck with yours :frown: However that experience thing sounds pretty useful :smile: Especially when you consider that there were far more applications per place for the Medicine summer school than there actually will be for the undergraduate course so the fact that they don't want to pass up an opportunity to work with you should give you confidence :borat:
Hope you enjoy it :smile:
Original post by TobyM
Mine neither, I had a 4000 statistic, with 400 places?

I'd just like to say once again, awesomely well done on getting in roomie :biggrin:

Anyone else staying at St John's from 13th-17th August / travelling by train from Shropshire? :crossedf:
Original post by aniqaaslam
Really?? Where did you hear this? I'm doing my gold and got into St Andrews...

I asked the assesor/mentor for my gold and she said that it counts, plus a bonus for me is i have to miss one of the practice walks because im at the summer school for one of the days but can still do the expedition XD
Reply 1117
Original post by IndyJK9

I am for architecture :smile:
Original post by Lost And Confused
I'd just like to say once again, awesomely well done on getting in roomie :biggrin:

Anyone else staying at St John's from 13th-17th August / travelling by train from Shropshire? :crossedf:

I'll be staying at St. John's (MML) :smile: What's your course?

Anyone travelling by train from Southampton??
I got into Cambridge for Maths, Gonville and Caius, 13th-17th, can't wait, my teachers and parents were so pleased. :biggrin:DD

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending