The Student Room Group
Lord Ashcroft Building, Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford
Visit website

Anglia Ruskin 2011 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by woejane
Still waiting for confirmation. Driving me crazzyyy.

For anyone who's interested, myself and one other are looking for housing in cambridge, if you would like to join us and get a place?

I wouldn't mind sharing me and my friend are trying to find a place, maybe we could share so its cheaper :smile:
Lord Ashcroft Building, Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford
Visit website
Reply 121
Looking for accommodation - been accepted for History. Anyone else out there????
Reply 122
Original post by Hprior

Original post by Hprior
Just got a place at Anglea Ruskin for History, Although now need to find some where to live in Cambridge!
Anyone wanna share a house? :smile:

I do!!!!
Reply 123
Original post by woejane

Original post by woejane
Still waiting for confirmation. Driving me crazzyyy.

For anyone who's interested, myself and one other are looking for housing in cambridge, if you would like to join us and get a place?

Still waiting for confirmation tooooo - I need somewhere to live!
Original post by driftingaway
Hi everyone,
I missed my firm offer :frown: (by a mile) and so i've been accepted into ARU, for the Law M100 on the Cambridge campus. Does anyone know what Law is like at ARU? Honestly, I have read a lot of negative things about it, and and im actually quite anxious right now.
I havent applied for accomodation yet, anyone know what the procedure is like for people who have insured anglia ruskin?

It is not as bad as people make out. Teaching staff are quite good (though I was based in Chelmsford so do not know all of the Cambridge staff.) Most are practitioners/ ex practitioners.

The Chelmsford campus had good links with local firms and chambers and some links with London based chambers and firms.

Only downside was that there was a lack of extra curricular stuff. This was more of a problem in Chelmsford since most people did not stay local. However this is not the end of the world - I found myself signing up for moots etc and the staff were very helpful; they covered costs and offered help when needed.

I enjoyed my time there - you just have to be a little more proactive than you would have to be at other unis.
Reply 125
Original post by Hprior

Original post by Hprior
Just got a place at Anglea Ruskin for History, Although now need to find some where to live in Cambridge!
Anyone wanna share a house? :smile:

No idea how to go about finding something - I need somewhere!
I'm really scared that Cambridge is going to be really boring :/
Original post by kirstyg:)
No idea how to go about finding something - I need somewhere!

You need to go up to Cambridge and they will help you at anglia ruskin to find a house, dat is wat im doing anyway
Original post by AfrikanDancer
I'm really scared that Cambridge is going to be really boring :/

I doubt it! Think of how many students live in Cambridge, it's one of the biggest student cities in the UK (although you can say that for most places these days). The city must have plenty of activities aimed at students.
Reply 129
i have no where to live?
is there a mixture of people? i have no idea since i applied through clearing
You're not alone Ruthy,I have no where to live either :frown:
Reply 131
im commuting to anglia ruskin, just wondered if any of you have any info on freshers or term start dates, im studying english language and linguistics??? know of any one doing the same. or where i can find any students to talk to ???
Original post by PDH
im commuting to anglia ruskin, just wondered if any of you have any info on freshers or term start dates, im studying english language and linguistics??? know of any one doing the same. or where i can find any students to talk to ???

PDH, freshers starts on the 12th september :smile:
Reply 133
im studying education studies anyone else doing something similar or the same?
has anyone got accomodation in chelmsford? im not sure if i should rent, get private accomodation...share so that its cheaper??
Reply 134
I'm doing Optometry & living in Collier Road :smile:
Reply 135
im doing education studies and living on 95 ransomes way
Original post by Charlala92
Ive got a place too on the Psychology course at ARU!
You living there or travelling in? :biggrin: :biggrin:

Cool :smile: i'm gonna be travelling in but i'm currently looking for a houseshare or something cause i'd rather live in Cambridge really than have to drive in everyday. Are you in student accommodation? Please could you add me on Facebook if you have it: Nicole Williams. It would be nice to know some people on the welcome day! :smile:
HI!!!I just got an application for sedley court this year!and just been looking for reviews??can any of you guys tell me what it's like??

many many thanks :smile:
To all of you guys applying to come Anglia Ruskin Cambridge campus, You will have fun surely in the first semester it will be a bit shaky as your trying to fit in but you will enjoy yourself up here, but remember university work is no skip in the park its hard work, so don't leave things to last minute like I did. And to all those doing psychology it's a good subject, hard, but really interesting.:smile:
Original post by jaszj
HI!!!I just got an application for sedley court this year!and just been looking for reviews??can any of you guys tell me what it's like??

many many thanks :smile:

Hii Congrats :biggrin:
I just got an offer for a room in the Forum..I'm sorta excited but a bit worried as its share toilets...:/
Trying to find people here who will be staying there too...what course you going do?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending