The Student Room Group

The Oxford 2012 Results Day Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Frey

What so you think your inner book would be? :P

I fear giving an honest answer to this would compromise our blossoming online friendship :colonhash:
Original post by Frey
:colondollar: not my fault.

'a bum-head', is that any better?

oh ok... I see :cry:

Well, then, whose fault is it? :pierre:

No, not really. In fact, that's worse, now it doesn't even rhyme...:rolleyes:

I'm sorry...maybe try poetry in Sanskrit...:hugs: :tongue:
Reply 1482
Original post by Frey
yes. the dots didn't make it any better either teehee (cute, but super chesey)

My book would be about....I dunno actually, something weird and mildly inappropriate probably...:colondollar:

What so you think your inner book would be? :P

MEDBH, MESSI, THIS QUESTION IS DIRECTED AT YOU ALSO :unimpressed:

Sorry, I tend to go elipsis-mad online...

Ha, I'd like to write lots of books! Some day I'd like, as is the done thing, to use taxpayers money to publish all my Gaidhlig short-stories and poetry that have won prizes at taxpayers expense and that no taxpayer will ever read. To make a bit on the side as a research scientist, I'd like to write textbooks with lots of pretty pictures. (probably also at taxpayer's expense?) Hmmm, I think I'd like to write an interesting popular science book on neurolinguistics or developental neurobiology or something. Also, one day i want to write a decent readable single-volume history of the Gaels... (this I've made some limited progress on)

So many dreams, so many opportunities to wake up and face the music...
Reply 1483
Original post by KingMessi

Oh, so now I'm being ganged up on? :cry2: Where are my Literature allies? :frown:
:

Here! I'm doing English next year too :smile: which college are you at? I'm at Balliol.
Original post by zog
Here! I'm doing English next year too :smile: which college are you at? I'm at Balliol.

:woo: I'm going to St. Edmund Hall. Are you still doing A-Levels?

Can't say how glad I am to see you, I have an Orientalist and a Classicist ganging up on me...:frown:
Reply 1485
Well, then, whose fault is it? :pierre:

No, not really. In fact, that's worse, now it doesn't even rhyme...:rolleyes:

I'm sorry...maybe try poetry in Sanskrit...:hugs: :tongue:

as TSR Idol, you should be the responsible one :unimpressed:

but but but but :cry:

अग्निमीळे पुरोहितं यज्ञस्य देवं रत्वीजम |होतारं रत्नधातमम ||

Spoiler

Reply 1486
Original post by medbh4805
I fear giving an honest answer to this would compromise our blossoming online friendship :colonhash:

awww, Medbh. :frown: xxx

Is it rude? :colondollar:
Reply 1487
Original post by candide
Sorry, I tend to go elipsis-mad online...

Ha, I'd like to write lots of books! Some day I'd like, as is the done thing, to use taxpayers money to publish all my Gaidhlig short-stories and poetry that have won prizes at taxpayers expense and that no taxpayer will ever read. To make a bit on the side as a research scientist, I'd like to write textbooks with lots of pretty pictures. (probably also at taxpayer's expense?) Hmmm, I think I'd like to write an interesting popular science book on neurolinguistics or developental neurobiology or something. Also, one day i want to write a decent readable single-volume history of the Gaels... (this I've made some limited progress on)

So many dreams, so many opportunities to wake up and face the music...

aw, that's such a lovely dream. Make it reality or face my wrath.. :grumble:
Reply 1488
:woo: I'm going to St. Edmund Hall. Are you still doing A-Levels?

Can't say how glad I am to see you, I have an Orientalist and a Classicist ganging up on me...:frown:

Yeah English Lit, History and Maths. Are you not?
I've been trying to follow the argument but I admit I'm a bit lost, other than it's about finding the most depreciating couplets for your grave...?
I've got a friend who goes to St. Edmunds, but he does Geology and isn't terribly exciting. But, Stewart Lee went there and he is brilliant!
Reply 1489
Original post by zog

I've been trying to follow the argument but I admit I'm a bit lost, other than it's about finding the most depreciating couplets for your grave...?

no one appreciates my art :grumble:
Reply 1490
Original post by Frey
aw, that's such a lovely dream. Make it reality or face my wrath.. :grumble:

Dreams > reality. You obviously missed out on the joy of the Oxford 2012 Applicants Thread!!!
Reply 1491
Original post by candide
Dreams > reality. You obviously missed out on the joy of the Oxford 2012 Applicants Thread!!!

to be honest, life too short for nastiness/being bored. If there's a possibility to escape this THEN GRAB IT AND DON'T LET IT GO!

oh do explain :colondollar:
Original post by zog
Yeah English Lit, History and Maths. Are you not?
I've got a friend who goes to St. Edmunds, but he does Geology and isn't terribly exciting. But, Stewart Lee went there and he is brilliant!

No, I'm on a Gap Year...thankfully, A-levels are out of the way for me. How are you finding them?

Hahaha, fair enough; I can't say I'm surprised. It started out as...hell, I don't even remember how it started out. It's too late for me.

Oh, that's unfortunate. I'm sure there will be no end of entertaining people there, though. :woo:

Original post by Frey
as TSR Idol, you should be the responsible one :unimpressed:

but but but but :cry:

अग्निमीळे पुरोहितं यज्ञस्य देवं रत्वीजम |होतारं रत्नधातमम ||

Spoiler

Conferring the blame onto me. :unimpressed:

It's alright, for tonight you're forgiven and we can extend our truce.

Spoiler

And now it's officially too late for me. I need to be up at half six to go running. :erm: :yawn: Goodnight (or whatever one says in Sanskrit). :tongue:
Reply 1493
Original post by Frey
no one appreciates my art :grumble:

Actually, I thought yours was the best on offer :tongue:

Which college/subject are you?
Reply 1494
No, I'm on a Gap Year...thankfully, A-levels are out of the way for me. How are you finding them?

Hahaha, fair enough; I can't say I'm surprised. It started out as...hell, I don't even remember how it started out. It's too late for me.

Oh, that's unfortunate. I'm sure there will be no end of entertaining people there, though. :woo:

Conferring the blame onto me. :unimpressed:

It's alright, for tonight you're forgiven and we can extend our truce.

Spoiler

And now it's officially too late for me. I need to be up at half six to go running. :erm: :yawn: Goodnight (or whatever one says in Sanskrit). :tongue:

tut tut... can't accept responsibility.. the 20 virgins won't like that :unimpressed:

yayyyy, trucey brucey.

Spoiler

Reply 1495
Original post by zog
Actually, I thought yours was the best on offer :tongue:

Which college/subject are you?

oh shucks! :colondollar:

Oriental Studies with Classics (Sanskrit with Greek)

St Johns :h:
Reply 1496
Original post by Frey
to be honest, life too short for nastiness/being bored. If there's a possibility to escape this THEN GRAB IT AND DON'T LET IT GO!

oh do explain :colondollar:

Well, basically last summer a core group of people (myself and grainne included) maxed out three threads talking random **** and getting over excited in the lead up to actually applying to Oxford. Then, once we all got in, (or sadly didn't for a few), the whole thing just seemed to die down. I hadn't touched TSR til i went on study leave this weekedn, and this thread (at least til u appeared!!!) seemed to be plodding along rather too peacefully by 2012 Oxford TSR-ers standard...
Reply 1497

They're not so bad really, the coursework is a nice safety net :smile: Ahhh bad year to have a gap year I guess.... what have you been doing?

I hope so :excited: I'm almost wishing the summer away, although it will be nice to just relax and go to a few festivals etc.
Reply 1498
Original post by candide
Well, basically last summer a core group of people (myself and grainne included) maxed out three threads talking random **** and getting over excited in the lead up to actually applying to Oxford. Then, once we all got in, (or sadly didn't for a few), the whole thing just seemed to die down. I hadn't touched TSR til i went on study leave this weekedn, and this thread (at least til u appeared!!!) seemed to be plodding along rather too peacefully by 2012 Oxford TSR-ers standard...

I'll take that as a compliment :colondollar:
(I just drink too much coffee and find everything amusing)

I'm so tired I can't be bothered going to bed.. I need to translate some of Euripides' Trojan Women tomorrow and I just do not feel the vibe :yawn:
Original post by Frey
awww, Medbh. :frown: xxx

Is it rude? :colondollar:

:ashamed2:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending