The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Florrick
This is going around in circles. There is no inconsistency in Islamic belief here. Muslims believe that God does condemn sex with people who are not physically developed enough, and they do not believe that Mohammad had sex with someone physically undeveloped.

I think you are missing the point here.

English law asserts that children can be physically ready for sex but not prepared for it emotionally. They are still children. That is why the age of consent is 16, and any adult who has sex with a child less than 16 is a paedophile.

Muslims may believe that their God thinks it is OK for adults to sexually abuse emotionally immature people simply because they have gone through puberty, but really that is irrelevant. It is illegal here. And if they are caught doing it they will, should, go to prison.
Reply 361
Original post by killer whale

English law asserts that children can be physically ready for sex but not prepared for it emotionally. They are still children. That is why the age of consent is 16, and any adult who has sex with a child less than 16 is a paedophile.

Muslims may believe that their God thinks it is OK for adults to sexually abuse emotionally immature people simply because they have gone through puberty, but really that is irrelevant. It is illegal here. And if they are caught doing it they will, should, go to prison.

I wasn't defending their sexual abuse at all.

well in islam for the crimes of rape they would be executed

Do you mean the woman? Well she could always marry him.

http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/2011/12/islamic-law-rape-victim-forced-to-marry-muslim-rapist.html
Original post by Ray Bradbury

http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/2011/12/islamic-law-rape-victim-forced-to-marry-muslim-rapist.html

nope the men

(posting sites that have no basis dosent work)

http://islamqa.info/en/ref/72338
Reply 365
Original post by Ray Bradbury

The rape then marriage to rapist is practised in 12 Latin American countries too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r39a4EhTTxw&feature=player_embedded
(1:44)

Surely Christianity has something to do with this since its the biggest religion there?
Original post by I-Am-A-Tripod
im sure the thai police do ignore some of it, perhaps most of it- if you have ever been to thailand, you will know how the bribe system works - so the reasonbley well-off white paedophile will be ignored for arrest in most cases more regularly than they would in this country, that is part of the reason they go to countires like that.
And i think this guy that looks like harry potter (forgot his name) already brought up 'whitey -o-phobia'

Original post by badcheesecrispy
You need proper sources to prove this is the same situation...also proof that 4% of the Thai population is white british.

Also proof that british white men are way over-represented in the stats of underage abuse in Thailand.

It won't be. Because just like white groomers in this country, there will be Thai groomers in Thailand.

And in every single case without exception, where there is a white guy going to Thailand to indulge in these disgusting activities, there will be at least one, but usually several Thai criminals involved in the procurement, distribution and supply of these underage prostitutes who must be included when the statistics are counted.

Speaking of statistics, does I-Am-A-Tripod actually have any, or is it just supposition, wishful thinking that he wants to convince himself, to make believe that whitey is disproportionately represented in rape statistics abroad? One might be interested in why he wishes to do this? Massive guilt and self loathing? Inferiority complex? Chip on shoulder? Who knows...

Original post by I-Am-A-Tripod
posted in this thread are names of various brits that have been charged with child abuse type offenses in thailand, if you are interested you can look them up.

i didnt need to counter, i replied pointing out his (and the standard) hypocrites stance

Interestingly enough, the British population/arrest/prison statistics that were posted in the last few pages (the ones that indicate that ethnic minorities are disproportionately represented in the prison system) exclude non nationals, so if in the point I-Am-A-Tripod is making, you are including sex tourists in the British statistics, then this will skew the figures towards the ethnic minority (including Asians)

Since I-Am-A-Tripod is trying to create an analogy with Thais supplying Thai prostitutes to whites abroad, comparing with this Rochdale case, it would have to be white guys procuring and supplying white girls to these Asians. But it isn't. It's Asian gangs supplying the girls to other Asians.

Nice try, but I-Am-A-Tripod fails to deflect yet again...
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Theoneoranro
Why are all you guys wasting your breath talking about whether or not there is an issue with Pakistanis or Muslims? Anyone with the meanest knowledge about Pakistanis in Britain will know that it's a Mirpuri issue (Kashmiris). Pretty much all British Pakistanis in Bradford and all the other backward British Pakistani areas are Mirpuri. All these groomers are Mirpuri, most of the british pakistani criminals are mirpuri. However, on the other hand Punjabis have intergrated very well into British society, they are much more liberal etc, you will see this in the south of england where pretty much all the British Pakistanis are Punjabis, check out this article on wikipedia and scroll down to 'Assimilating into British society' and read about the two different ethnic groups:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Pakistanis#Kashmiris

Don't mistake Mirpuri culture with Punjabi culture, they are very different. The reason why Mirpuris in the UK are like this is because the 1st generation Mirpuris came from a really backward area in pakistan full of villages, they were almost all illterate and poor with a rural lifestyle. However, Punjabis came from cities and they were literate and more liberal. The media needs to learn about this issue, people dont know about it. In the US pretty much all of the British Pakistanis are Punjabis and guess what? 60% of them have degrees (one of the highest rates for an ethnic minority in the country), the average Pakistani American earns twice the amount that a normal american earns and they have intergrated so well that today there are more bi racial Pakistanis than full Pakistanis in the country.

People are way too ignorant on this issue. I'm not hating on mirpuris, it's all fact.

"Around 70% of the British Pakistanis can trace their origins to Mirpur and its surrounding areas"

Great.... So 70% of Pakistanis are from this totally incompatible place.
Reply 368
Original post by Time Tourist
"Around 70% of the British Pakistanis can trace their origins to Mirpur and its surrounding areas"

I'm not sure if this is a conflation of Mirpur and Kashmir which people often do. Perhaps 70% are from Kashmir but from the district/city of Mirpur itself seems quite a stretch. I don't know. A lot of non-Kashmiris conflate this themselves: an individual from Kashmir may speak a language that's been dubbed as "Mirpuri" and so they're automatically considered Mirpuri themselves even though they're not *exactly* from there.

I think all of those involved were from Kashmir, which is pretty sad.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by mel0n
I'm not sure if this is a conflation of Mirpur and Kashmir which people often do. Perhaps 70% are from Kashmir but from the district/city of Mirpur itself seems quite a stretch. I don't know. A lot of non-Kashmiris conflate this themselves: an individual from Kashmir may speak a language that's been dubbed as "Mirpuri" and so they're automatically considered Mirpuri themselves even though they're not *exactly* from there.

Where is the info on which part of pakistan they originate from? Although it is likey.
Original post by mel0n

Bunch of English immigrants commit horrific sex crimes in Pakistan... Pakistani people must not be 'ignorant' of the region from England they are from... and must take this into account, and not tar all English people with the same brush.

Muslims may believe that their God thinks it is OK for adults to sexually abuse emotionally immature people simply because they have gone through puberty

Um, that's not what Islam teaches...

but really that is irrelevant.

Then why say it?

It is illegal here. And if they are caught doing it they will, should, go to prison.

Agreed
Bunch of English immigrants commit horrific sex crimes in Pakistan... Pakistani people must not be 'ignorant' of the region from England they are from... and must take this into account, and not tar all English people with the same brush.

It amuses me how you never see the irony of your posts
Original post by de_monies
It amuses me how you never see the irony of your posts

yea cool...

explain
yea cool...

explain

Like how you say not to tar all English people with the same brush, and you do the exact same thing for Kashmiris...
Like how you say not to tar all English people with the same brush, and you do the exact same thing for Kashmiris...

No I'm being sarcastic... the point is the particular region these men come from is of little interest to English people. It's as of little interest to English people as the fact say that a bunch English child rapists in Pakistan were all Cornish.
No I'm being sarcastic... the point is the particular region these men come from is of little interest to English people. It's as of little interest to English people as the fact say that a bunch English child rapists in Pakistan were all Cornish.

Again, the irony is there. You make out that it's of little interest and then say

ie: tarring all Pakistanis, and specifically Kashmiri's with the same brush
Again, the irony is there. You make out that it's of little interest and then say

ie: tarring all Pakistanis, and specifically Kashmiri's with the same brush

I'm not actually sure there's an argument here...
I must say first that while it was not the girls' fault in any way, shape or form and all blame for these disgusting deeds lies with the rapists, that perhaps caucasian girls are more likely to accept gifts/alcohol whereas asian girls due to extremely strict parenting would not drink and the parents would probably lock them in the house if they thought something was going on which is why this gang targetted caucasians. One of the victims actually mentioned this in an article somewhere. Also, I think, as Baroness Warsi said, political correctness and/or racial sensitivity should NEVER bar justice from prevailing.
Original post by Cinnamon_Twist
I must say first that while it was not the girls' fault in any way, shape or form and all blame for these disgusting deeds lies with the rapists,

As soon as you read this you know its going to be bad...

The majority of the girls were in care.

read this:

http://englandcalling.wordpress.com/2012/05/15/liberals-in-a-multicultural-denialfest/

Latest

Trending

Trending