The Student Room Group

As Level ICT exam

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Turtletron
Oooh I've got news that will make you feel better.

Normally there are 8000 people doing the exam nationally. Today there were 12000 a (50% increase). This is due to a huge number of schools entering years 10 and 11 into the exam. Most of this lot will fail big-style and the grade boundaries and UMS will plummet. :wink:

Doubtful. I am year 11 and the people at my school do quite well. Well fair enoguh a lto of people actually failed in June Year 10 with Cs,Ds,Es but a few did get Bs and As and one girl got 100%. So year 10s and 11s are clued up. I retook it this January and actually revised that time and got 100% and I plan to do the same this Tuesday so I will only be increasing grade boundaries for you year 12s.

Don;t be so cocky in the future - it will only backfire!
I done the OCR AS Applied ICT exam last June, and the examiners are very picky over what they want you to say.
You have to be VERY SPECIFIC.
I did not revise for this exam, mainly because you don't need to (well I didn't think you had to) because you write up all the answers in your Question 1, so you can refer to the information you have written and also the case study you were given.
All I'd say is make sure you cover everything you need to in your write up (question 1) which you do before the exam, and make sure you look at some exam papers, as the structure is basically the same in every exam!!!
GOOD LUCK x
Original post by Turtletron
Ok my comment about the 10's and 11' sitting it didn't go down as I expected. (sorry guys)

What I mean is that there are a lot of weaker students sitting this exam than usual. Therefore if you're not in that weaker group then you'll fly right through the grades.

Just seen this. Fair enough!
Original post by al0
Tut tut, all your schools breaking the rules.

There is no rule not to tell you! Schools just say that sometimes as they don't want to tell you in case your marks get moderated down.
Reply 104
Original post by atti.08
Oh James. :') wish I had the motivation to be bright hah. I'll tell you my result in august then I'll cry ;D if you got a B in January you can get a B again at least! I missed out the question about the standalone presentation turning to touch screen? I sat there confused for a good 5 minutes I bet it was easy haha :biggrin:

For that one I wrote remove the slide transitions(timed) and make the automatic animations manual so it is triggered by a mouse click or some sort :biggrin: Probably wrong but still!
Reply 105
Original post by atti.08
Well it sounds like you did good! :smile: you'll be fine clever clogs! :wink:

Pfft i wish! :tongue: What are you predicted in this?
Reply 106
Original post by GreenLantern1
There is no rule not to tell you! Schools just say that sometimes as they don't want to tell you in case your marks get moderated down.

Ugh, then I want to complain. I never got back my English coursework grades/my ICT coursework grades :/
Reply 107
Hey guys! I am doing INFO2 on Tuesday! How did INFO1 go for you lot. I did that back in January!

Info1 was pretty good. That last question was easier than expected, hopefully i did well:biggrin:
Info2 sounds more harder need to bang out the revision till then.
There is no need to hate on people who got 100%. I do ICT and am doing the 2nd unit exam this Tuesday, but I dud unit 1 in January and got 100% and I thought I did really well in it and was definitely thinking I got nearly everything right and thought there was no reason why I couldn't get 100%, which I ended up doing. Everyine has different aims. And I too am in Year 11 (we did the GCSE in year 9) so it isn't like I''m some cocky year 12 or nuthing!

Ithink you're not with OCR so scrape out. It aint that easy for us; theres no need to be condescending Unless youve actuallydone the exam. ****
Original post by Lfctv
So computing prepares u for comp science which ain't soft u shut up ur mum is soft I fuked her pussy hole

http://www.trin.cam.ac.uk/index.php?pageid=604

List B is limited suitability - a soft subject which they don't like but will accept

List C is only as fourth subject acceptable - so as I said they don't like ICT more than they don't like computing.

But they don't like either of them. So shut up and stop being stupid and arrogant!
Original post by JOftw
Info1 was pretty good. That last question was easier than expected, hopefully i did well:biggrin:
Info2 sounds more harder need to bang out the revision till then.

Oooh good luck with your INFO1.

INFO2 I personally find easier as it is just theory and reckon I should get an A in this exam (hopefully 100%) but as long as it is 90+ really.

You started past papers yet?
Original post by sahajkaur
Ithink you're not with OCR so scrape out. It aint that easy for us; theres no need to be condescending Unless youve actuallydone the exam. ****

OH yes mate. You have a whole coursework module and we have 2 exams so it is harder on AQA. Eerybody knows that. So if I am getting 100%s in Year 11 you lot have got issues. And I have done the exam and I looked at the OCR one online as someone put it up and it was really quite easy (especially compared to your past papers and AQA) so you lot have got it easy. Now **** off I don't talk to ignorant little children.

I wasn't being condescending you **** I was explaining that just because a lot of the people on here are better than you and aim higher and they can easily get an A so aim for 100% you do't need to disregard it simply because it is out of your wildest dreams!

Good Luck with your result

......a failed result that is hehe
Reply 112
All the people who know their mark for their coursework for ocr are sooo lucky! I want to know mine. :'( Do you think the grade boundaries for the exam will be high this year?
Original post by atti.08
So charming ;D

I know I just am. thank you mate; you have restored my sense of hope in this world!
Reply 114
Original post by atti.08
Erm, I think it might be a B but after the way the exam went I predict a D :biggrin:. Let me guess yours is an A? Hehe. :smile:

Somehow, yes! :s-smilie: Why are you aiming so low? A grade D in the January paper was 41/120 .. You think you got around this many marks??
Reply 115
Thanks atti :biggrin: I'm praying for an A overall lol Although I did find some questions a bit strange xD
Reply 116
Original post by atti.08
Somehow? You seem pretty bright :smile: i was aiming higher until I sat the exam and realised that it wasn't going to go good haha. I was more focused on my other subjects as well but I'm sure I can do better than a D :')

I'm sure you will! :biggrin: I thought i got a D in the Jan paper and it was a hard paper so the grade boundaries lowered. I think this one was even harder so don't worry :smile: I seem bright but this is the internet, so you will never know! :colone:
Reply 117
Original post by atti.08
Hahaha. Well i'll just lie. I'm bright :biggrin: hehe. I'm sure you are, I can tell by your grades! Oh well what's done is done, here I come August :wink:

I'm sure you are :wink: What was your c/w grade?
Reply 118
Original post by atti.08
Haha :smile: I'm not sure I got 68 whatever that makes :s-smilie: you?

That's really good! :biggrin: That will boost your grade aswell! .. i only got 62 which was one/two off an A :smile: I did the coursework in year 10 though, was this years cw hard?
Reply 119
Original post by atti.08
62 is good as well! People were getting 40s over here haha. Nope it was easy :biggrin: well that's what I thought. But the 2 big ones, spreadsheet and database, were painfully long. What did you do for your coursework?:smile:

I was looking through your one and it looked hard! Our long one was a website and the database one .. Wow we had to do some coding for the website but obviously nobody got those marks! Our one was on some 'Dulton School' or something :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending