The Student Room Group

Best Student Night?

Hi
I'm currently carrying out a project and was wondering if you could give me any help. I've already trawled through 12 pages of the forum but keep coming up with different answers.
I'm looking to find out what the main student night out in Edinburgh is? I'm not to fussed about venues for now, however I'm looking to find out what night midweek is the best/busiest? One or two nights will do me?
So if anyone could let me know it would be much appreciated!
Thanks if advance!
Spaniel x

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi
I'm currently carrying out a project and was wondering if you could give me any help. I've already trawled through 12 pages of the forum but keep coming up with different answers.
I'm looking to find out what the main student night out in Aberdeen is? I'm not to fussed about venues for now, however I'm looking to find out what night midweek is the best/busiest? One or two nights will do me?
Thanks if advance!
Spaniel x
Reply 2
Hi
I'm looking to find out what the main student night out in Dundee is? I'm not to fussed about venues for now, however I'm looking to find out what night midweek is the best/busiest? One or two nights will do me?
Thanks if advance!
Spaniel x
Reply 3
Hi
I'm looking to find out what the main student night out in Glasgow is? I'm not to fussed about venues for now, however I'm looking to find out what night midweek is the best/busiest? One or two nights will do me?
Thanks if advance!
Spaniel x
Reply 4
In terms of nights Tuesday, Skint as mentioned or Wednesday, which is when all of the Sports Teams have their games and all are sponsored to go out drinking afterwards, I know Liquid is where most of the Abertay lot go.

Note that I'm definitely replying in terms of busiest, not best.
Jellybaby at ABC on Thursdays
Lollipop Wednesday's at Polo

:smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Brizee
Tuesday, Skint

Note that I'm definitely replying in terms of busiest, not best.

Definitely note that :biggrin:
Reply 7
Original post by THESHade
Definitely note that :biggrin:

Last time I went to Skint I lasted til midnight I think. Ugh bad memories - the only good time I have had at DUSA, come to think of it, is the time my mate broke both his ankles...
Reply 8
Thanks for the quick response folks!! Exactly what my mixed confusing research had thrown up! Just glad you guys could confirm!! Thanks again
Spaniel!!
Reply 9
C'mon guys - 57 views and no replies! Surely someone has to know the busy nights?
Cheers x
Reply 10
Hi
Seem to have posted this in the Edinburgh Uni subforum by mistake!
Going to throw it in here to hopefully speed up a reply!

I'm looking to find out what the main student night out in Edinburgh is? I'm not to fussed about venues for now, however I'm looking to find out what night midweek is the best/busiest? One or two nights will do me?
Thanks if advance!
Spaniel x
Reply 11
C'mon guys
All these views and no replies! Surely someone could let me know! Only Aberdeen and Edinburgh to collect!
Thanks for your help in advance!
Spaniel x
Reply 12
Thanks!! Your a star :smile:
Reply 13
I'm guessing half the confusion comes down to the fact a lot of Abertay students' will hate admitting that the busiest night is at Dundee Union.
Original post by Brizee
Last time I went to Skint I lasted til midnight I think. Ugh bad memories - the only good time I have had at DUSA, come to think of it, is the time my mate broke both his ankles...

It isn't even worth arriving at Skint until after midnight and pre-drinks, no wonder you didn't enjoy yourself!

But yeah, Tuesday and Wednesday are definitely the busiest student nights in Dundee. Impossible to rate any night as "the best" as it's incredibly subjective and every person has different tastes.
I'd say Thursday.
Reply 16
Original post by SelfishShellfish
It isn't even worth arriving at Skint until after midnight and pre-drinks, no wonder you didn't enjoy yourself!

But yeah, Tuesday and Wednesday are definitely the busiest student nights in Dundee. Impossible to rate any night as "the best" as it's incredibly subjective and every person has different tastes.

I disagree. I was there jsut once as I was in Dudnee just 4 days and I was there after midnight as my host was living pretty much in front of the Union (Tower SMth dorm if I remember correctly) and I didn`t like it as it was over-crowded (and many stuff it causes)
But everyone has different personal space preferences. I personally like to move my arms ... some folks might not care...
Mansion on a wednesday, its at the liquid rooms:smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by THESHade
I disagree. I was there jsut once as I was in Dudnee just 4 days and I was there after midnight as my host was living pretty much in front of the Union (Tower SMth dorm if I remember correctly) and I didn`t like it as it was over-crowded (and many stuff it causes)
But everyone has different personal space preferences. I personally like to move my arms ... some folks might not care...

Original post by SelfishShellfish

I personally completely agree, the only time it's worth going to Skint is when you've pre-drunk enough to not really know/care what's going on, a lot of people say that.
Probably Thursday but Friday and Tuesday are both busy as well.

Quick Reply

Latest