The Student Room Group

Would you ever date a girl that cheated on her old boyfriend?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dgeorge
Likewise there are various degrees of cheating.

You're right. The degrees are:

Cheating

&

Not cheating

Facts as follows:

1. Cheating is disrespectful, trust breaking and hurtful.

2. You cannot 'accidentally' cheat, you make the decision.

3. A monogamous relationship is built off the agreement that you are sexually and romantically exclusive. If at any time you decide you can't commit to that you can (and should) break up.

Again, people are stupid and weak, and do silly things they regret, doesn't change a thing and I am perplexed why you seem so insistent on defending it.

Are cheaters inhuman? No. Are they bad people-as in measurably evil? Rarely. Do young people grow out of such things? Sometimes.

Do they deserve sympathy and consideration? Nope.
not a hope in hell
Reply 82
Original post by Studentus-anonymous

Cheating

&

Not cheating

Facts as follows:

3. A monogamous relationship is built off the agreement that you are sexually and romantically exclusive. If at any time you decide you can't commit to that you can (and should) break up.

Again, people are stupid and weak, and do silly things they regret, doesn't change a thing and I am perplexed why you seem so insistent on defending it.

Are cheaters inhuman? No. Are they bad people-as in measurably evil? Rarely. Do young people grow out of such things? Sometimes.

Cheating

&

Not cheating

If that's your opinion, fine. It's not mine, each person has their own delineation as to the seriousness of cheating

1.True
2. True
3. True

I am perplexed why you seem so insistent on defending it.

I'm not defending CHEATING. I continually say that cheating IS a serious breach of trust. I'm simply saying that in the case of OP, there is MORE to consider than simply whether they cheated or not as to whether or not to engage in a relationship, and the fact that they have cheated ONCE in the past should not NECESSARILY lead to their rejection. You seem to be making out something out of my argument that I am not purporting.

:confused:

So we should just exile all cheaters from society then? There are POSSIBLE mitigating circumstances for any negative behaviour. I'm simply saying to weigh out ALL of the information, instead of one selective piece
Reply 83
she is five year together with her BF or has been whatever and she has cheated on someone that was with her for such a long time
and you think its OK to get together with her? really? is that really what your asking?

mate she didn't had respect for her BF that was 5 years with her regardless he had cheated or whatever
have you been there? you know why he had done it maybe she had done it and he had revenge you dont know you have only heard things,

my advise move its not worth it and you can put yourself in more trouble because if the guy will know you like her and want her then you fight or argument will be there and its not worth it
Reply 84
If she cheated on her boyfriend, for whatever reason, then there's a big possibility she could do the same to you.

Doesn't matter how long you have been in a relationship or if you're bored with it, if you don't want to be with someone, you don't lead them on.

I say avoid.
Reply 85
Original post by dgeorge
Ok, I won't bother to argue with semantics or meanings.

However, each and every one of us has done something WRONG, something that we should not have done. You can't categorize a person based on ONE or isolated cases of behaviour:

Just like YOU may have lied in the past (speculating here), would you categorize yourself as a liar?

The "once a cheat always a cheat" idea is simplistic and naive. If you think because you commit an action once that that action defines you then that is wrong.

Just my personal opinion

If I killed once. Would you not say im a murderer. If I stole a car that one time would I not be a thief?

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Desire S
Reply 86
Original post by dgeorge
I agre with you.

Lying isn't as bad as cheating.

Likewise cheating isn't as bad as rape

Likewise there are various degrees of cheating.

I would be much more likely to forgive someone for say, kissing than sex.

Likewise I've got a friend who forgave his gf for kissing another guy. They're in a long distance relationship and hadn't seen each other for a while. That's quite "forgivable" in my estimation. BUT of course it is up to the individual, I wouldn't fault them for not forgiving them

Dude you're too naive. I kind of hope the next time you are with a girl you really really love. To the point you would do anything for her. I hope she kisses another dude just to see how forgiving you are because trust me Its a lot easier said than done

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Desire S
Original post by dgeorge
Of course I wouldn't. I would confront them, give them a chance to answer for THEMSELVES. There is a high likelihood that the friendship would be irreparably damaged, but depending ON THE SITUATION, there is a chance for reconcilition.

So what you're saying is, you wouldn't leave them alone in the room based upon something that they've done in the past? Thought not.

Kinda contradicts your first post to be honest, regardless of what happened after the first time they stole something, what pathetic excuses they can muster up to justify it, or what the surrounding circumstances were.

There are only 2 things that are worse than cheating in a relationship, and that's rape, and emotional/mental abuse. None of the three are excusable, regardless of circumstance. Sure, you may hate your boyfriend. He could be the worst boyfriend in the world. But at least have the decency to break up with him before you let someone else stick their dick in you.

Nah'm sayin'?
Reply 88
Original post by Drunk Punx
So what you're saying is, you wouldn't leave them alone in the room based upon something that they've done in the past? Thought not.

Kinda contradicts your first post to be honest, regardless of what happened after the first time they stole something, what pathetic excuses they can muster up to justify it, or what the surrounding circumstances were.

There are only 2 things that are worse than cheating in a relationship, and that's rape, and emotional/mental abuse. None of the three are excusable, regardless of circumstance. Sure, you may hate your boyfriend. He could be the worst boyfriend in the world. But at least have the decency to break up with him before you let someone else stick their dick in you.

Nah'm sayin'?

1. Where did I say that?

2. The two circumstances aren't the same

People seem to keep trying to twist my words. Maybe I'll bother with a proper reply when you say something sensible instead of coming up with abstract situations that have nothing to do with the issue at hand.
Original post by jarasta
Dude you're too naive. I kind of hope the next time you are with a girl you really really love. To the point you would do anything for her. I hope she kisses another dude just to see how forgiving you are because trust me Its a lot easier said than done

This^

Most of his posts make little sense even though they're written in good English. Contradictions out the wazoo.
Lol nope. Never.

sloots gonna sloot
Reply 91
Original post by Studentus-anonymous

Cheating

&

Not cheating

Facts as follows:

Then why getting monogamous then?
Original post by Ortegas
Then why getting monogamous then?

People should detail what they expect from any kind of relationship at the start though right? Whether that be serious or otherwise.
Reply 93
Original post by Spontogical
People should detail what they expect from any kind of relationship at the start though right? Whether that be serious or otherwise.

Given that you know all the outcomes, like:

1) She cheats you, sooner or later
2) She leaves you in search of new dick

Why still bother worrying about her sleeping with another dude?
Reply 94
We only learn from mistakes... I wouldn't dismiss her ;-)

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Shun the bitch. BOYCOTT the cheaters so they may never get laid again!
Original post by dgeorge
1. Where did I say that?

2. The two circumstances aren't the same

People seem to keep trying to twist my words. Maybe I'll bother with a proper reply when you say something sensible instead of coming up with abstract situations that have nothing to do with the issue at hand.

1. I asked you if you'd leave them in a room alone. Your answer?
"Of course I wouldn't."

2. I've already forgotten what you said and have no desire to go back and look.
Reply 97
Original post by Drunk Punx
1. I asked you if you'd leave them in a room alone. Your answer?
"Of course I wouldn't."

2. I've already forgotten what you said and have no desire to go back and look.

I wouldn't leave them alone in the room WITHOUT CONFRONTING THEM. There is a possibility that the friendship might be repaired and I trust them enough to do so in the future (ALTHOUGH that is HIGHLY unlikely, still possible)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending