The Student Room Group
University of York
York

York Freshers Autumn 2012

Scroll to see replies

I just got my room booking, anyone else in or near house J, Lindley Court, Halifax? :smile:
University of York
York
DERWENT TILL I DIE!!

D block anyone? I'm in D/D/118B.
Bring on the group of 23 people on my floor. :biggrin:
Reply 642
Original post by Gman1234
Applied for Halifax today. Hope the rooms are nice :smile:
Wasn't my first choice..
Now i'm going to have to walk to Biology.. :frown:

The rooms are lovely :smile: The walk to Biology isn't a quick one, but it's a nice walk across campus.
I just got my room booking, I'm in House H, Lindley Court, Halifax. And I'm doing Biology - hooray for long walks? :P
Reply 644
Original post by Gman1234
Applied for Halifax today. Hope the rooms are nice :smile:
Wasn't my first choice..
Now i'm going to have to walk to Biology.. :frown:

Did you apply though clearing/ adjustment?

EDIT - and did you attend the clearing/adjustment visit day?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 645
Original post by fayola1337
I just got my room booking, I'm in House H, Lindley Court, Halifax. And I'm doing Biology - hooray for long walks? :P

Im in halifax and i have to walk to the biology buildings too, so ill walk with you :tongue:

Reply 646

Oh it's not gonna be that bad, 5-10 mins max of walking :smile:
Reply 647
My walk will be from Goodricke to Maths, and that does look like a long walk :P
Reply 648

Hey I'm House H, Lindley Court too. And I'm doing Biology :biggrin:
Original post by justn1c2
Im in halifax and i have to walk to the biology buildings too, so ill walk with you :tongue:

Woohoo!
Do you know what accomodation you're in yet?
I'm Jos Gibbons. I'm about to start my PhD in the Maths department (my Master's was in Physics). Apologies if I'm unaware of some postgrads-don't-count-as-Freshers rule in the tl/dr thread so far (I'll try to go through it later). I argue I count because I won't know my way around. My accommodation is Wentworth's flat 5 block A2; so, if you're in that flat or a nearby one, feel free to say so. Best of luck to anyone still waiting on accommodation news.
I have to walk from Derwent to Hes East most of the time!
Original post by Jos Gibbons
I'm Jos Gibbons. I'm about to start my PhD in the Maths department (my Master's was in Physics). Apologies if I'm unaware of some postgrads-don't-count-as-Freshers rule in the tl/dr thread so far (I'll try to go through it later). I argue I count because I won't know my way around. My accommodation is Wentworth's flat 5 block A2; so, if you're in that flat or a nearby one, feel free to say so. Best of luck to anyone still waiting on accommodation news.

I think we'll accept you as a Fresher! :wink: :biggrin:

I have to walk a whole 300m from Derwent to the Chemistry buildings. :smug: :sexface:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by EllieAntWarrior
I have to walk from Derwent to Hes East most of the time!

They have a free bus service from Hes East to Hes West. :smile:
Reply 654
Original post by RH114495
I'm sure you'll still have an amazing time, I know someone who was in Halifax who loved it :smile: well I was one of the luckly ones who could apply on wednesday and I've literally just had my accomodation confirmed, had to put down a £260 deposit :smile: so hopefully your accomodation will be confirmed soon too, and then it's just a case of buying freshers week tickets from our colleges, and getting very very excited :biggrin: yeah I have, I chose the art historians Italian module, you?

Don't know what language to do yet. Have you learnt Italian before? Do you know how long we do it for?
Reply 655
Original post by Jos Gibbons

Well, fresher is just a nice way of saying newbie, so yeah, I think you count as one, "fresher". :biggrin:

Maybe creating a thread will be an easier way to find your flatmates. Though I've seen mostly undergraduates here... Maybe post something here (http://www.facebook.com/WentworthCollege)?

Reply 656
Original post by Curiously Cinnamon
Hey, I am also Amy and I am also studying Maths!
Have you enrolled online yet? I was looking at the induction timetable and I am freaking out! How are you feeling about it? :smile:

Finally, people doing maths! was getting a bit worried that there weren't any of you... I'm a second year, just ask if you have any questions about maths at york :smile:
Woot, confirmed derwent block B!
Reply 658
My accomodation is booked -- anyone else in block G at James?

EDIT: Just had a flick through the last couple of pages, I can't be the only one in James :frown:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 659
Vanbrugh, Le page court, block. A, floor.2 :biggrin: Are there some future house mates around???

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending