The Student Room Group

Is it normal to be turned off by lots of sex talk?

I made friends with a guy from work a few months ago. I think he fancies me, and has said several explicit things to me, in person, by text and online like (paraphrasing as best as I can):

"Can we **** please?"
"Send me a pic of your tits"
"You probably have a nice tight pussy"
"I really wanna lick you out"
"You have lovely boobs"
"I want to smash your front and back doors in"

And lots more. He does also call me beautiful sometimes, but I feel like that's overridden by all the other lewd comments he makes.

I liked him as a friend, but I can't fancy him when he keeps speaking to me like that. He's seems way too sex-mad for me, and I worry he doesn't see me as much more than a sex object. It's also overwhelming as he's the first guy to act that way towards me.

I don't need a guy to treat me like that, being all sex mad in order to get me to fancy him; just being a generally friendly and interesting person with plenty of decent conversation will do.

Is this unusual for me to feel like this? Am I possibly at all demisexual, have a low sex drive, or just prefer a personality and romance rather than just sex?

By the way, I'm a virgin as I just haven't found the right guy yet, and this guy certainly won't be it.

Scroll to see replies

I think it's quite normal to be turned off by sexual harassment from work colleagues.
Reply 2
I would be creeped out too.

You're not to blame, he is. I would have a quiet word with him.
Reply 3
He sounds...odd. I think you're reacting in a completely normal way as the majority of girls would do.
What you're feeling sounds perfectly normal. I really don't think there's need to be labeling yourself as things such as demisexual :nah:

I'm all for sex talk, but this guy sounds ridiculous.
Reply 5
Original post by InnerTemple
I think it's quite normal to be turned off by sexual harassment from work colleagues.

Hmm, some of what he does does border on sexual harassment, yes. Not enough for me to want to report him, but it's still quite uncomfortable. We're not work colleagues anymore though as we've both left the job, and he only started acting this way after we'd finished.

Original post by Pawsies
I would be creeped out too.

You're not to blame, he is. I would have a quiet word with him.

I haven't seen him in person for almost 3 months now because of this. I feel like I can only block him online and ignore his texts, or reply when I feel like something needs to be said.
Reply 6
I thought I should also mention that he's only 18, and a virgin (well, he claims to be). Do you think part of it could be immaturity on his part? As in, he doesn't realise the right way to treat girls properly? Also, I'm 21 so I guess some guys his age might get a bit overexcited over an older women.
What am I reading, smooth talker that guy. Clearly a virgin.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 8
Tell him you don't like it. simples
Original post by Anonymous
I thought I should also mention that he's only 18, and a virgin (well, he claims to be). Do you think part of it could be immaturity on his part? As in, he doesn't realise the right way to treat girls properly? Also, I'm 21 so I guess some guys his age might get a bit overexcited over an older women.

:eek: read the post below, I knew it! Sounds like a little **** who gets no pussy whatsoever, tell him it's past his bed time or something like wtf? Real smooth talker this guy...
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 10
"Can we **** please?"
"You have lovely boobs"

This is not exactly nice sexy talk. It is very blunt, and doesn't try to build up your pleasure. There are much nicer ways of going about saying these things.

Find a guy who likes to describe in vivid detail but in a way that also tries to build up your anticipation and make your own imagination go wild thinking about what he will say/do next and you will probably like it a lot more.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 11
make sure you save these texts and messages... you may need them as evidence
I made friends with a guy from work a few months ago. I think he fancies me, and has said several explicit things to me, in person, by text and online like (paraphrasing as best as I can):

"Can we **** please?"
"You have lovely boobs"

And lots more. He does also call me beautiful sometimes, but I feel like that's overridden by all the other lewd comments he makes.

Quite frankly, I can't think of anything more dreadfully crude. Yes, your reaction is utterly normal.
That's literally just objectifying you. Nothing sexy about it, rude really and certainly not complimentary.

"Can we **** please?"
"You have lovely boobs"

I liked him as a friend, but I can't fancy him when he keeps speaking to me like that. He's seems way too sex-mad for me, and I worry he doesn't see me as much more than a sex object. It's also overwhelming as he's the first guy to act that way towards me.

I don't need a guy to treat me like that, being all sex mad in order to get me to fancy him; just being a generally friendly and interesting person with plenty of decent conversation will do.

Is this unusual for me to feel like this? Am I possibly at all demisexual, have a low sex drive, or just prefer a personality and romance rather than just sex?

By the way, I'm a virgin as I just haven't found the right guy yet, and this guy certainly won't be it.

Hang on... He is not putting you off because of 'lots of sex talk', he is putting you off because he is an idiot! I wonder why you still speak to him. If a 'friend' said those things to me I would NEVER look at his face again.

There is nothing wrong with you. You don't have to feel like having sex wit every guy you know. It's actually the other way around! What the hell? Maybe I am too old for this...

The way I see it, you feel like having sex when you have feelings for someone who respects you and deserves you... And is not a complete moron!
Reply 15
Original post by Gavzzz
This is not exactly nice sexy talk. It is very blunt, and doesn't try to build up your pleasure. There are much nicer ways of going about saying these things.

Find a guy who likes to describe in vivid detail but in a way that also tries to build up your anticipation and make your own imagination go wild thinking about what he will say/do next and you will probably like it a lot more.

Yeah, that's the thing! It's way too blunt for me! Less is more really.

He's asked me a couple of time to be his girlfriend, but I can't imagine having a boyfriend who treats me like that :s-smilie:

Original post by ilovelabradors
Hang on... He is not putting you off because of 'lots of sex talk', he is putting you off because he is an idiot! I wonder why you still speak to him. If a 'friend' said those things to me I would NEVER look at his face again.

There is nothing wrong with you. You don't have to feel like having sex wit every guy you know. It's actually the other way around! What the hell? Maybe I am too old for this...

The way I see it, you feel like having sex when you have feelings for someone who respects you and deserves you... And is not a complete moron!

I stopped talking to him for a while, but then he texted me again the other day which brought it up again.
Do you like him, do you guys flirt at all?

Your reaction is totally normal.

There's a guy I generally really like but occasionally he speaks to me like I'm a sex object and it really puts me off him.
Reply 17
Lmao, when i started out reading this i was expecting some sexual talk , but hes a bit too crude and vulgar... Cant say i havent thought of almost everything he's said to you, but i know better and so i keep it to myself haa. Dont tolerate this guy, and yes you're normal hes treating you like a slut :smile:

"Can we **** please?"
"You have lovely boobs"

That's not sex talk :lolwut:
(edited 11 years ago)
Nah, 18 is deffo old enough for him to realise that he's going OTT.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending