The Student Room Group

A2 English Language Exam tomorrow!

Hey guys,
Is anyone doing the A2 English language exam tomorrow? A few people from my college have been put in a fast track class where we take the exam early in january. We are exam board AQA B. Is anyone doing this early as well? x

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Yellowiris
Hey guys,
Is anyone doing the A2 English language exam tomorrow? A few people from my college have been put in a fast track class where we take the exam early in january. We are exam board AQA B. Is anyone doing this early as well? x

I am!
Reply 2
I'm doing it tomorrow! Panicking so much, I've just come on here to see if I can find some magical thread to help me revise. I feel as though I've not done enough! x
Reply 3
Good luck guys. I think I'm ready doing last mintue revision now.
I just keep thinking if I mess up I can retake in the summer but I don't wanna do that lol
But good luck x
Reply 4
Original post by Georgina_9
I am!

Good luck x
Reply 5
I'm doing it too. Any idea's what will come up for language change?
Reply 6
No real way to predict what'll come up, probably one pre 1900 text, one post 1900 and an extra of one of those for the multi-text question. Just remember your AO1, theories and context should fall in for it!

Now language acquisition is the harder one! :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well that wasn't too bad.
Reply 8
Yay finally a thread for this can't find any others! Which questions did everyone pick/ points did they make? Find it ok?
Reply 9
It's was alright I did question one the speaking question with Ruby and her Aunt Lou and question 3 the 1700's text
what about you ?
I bravely (accidentally) chose to do 04 (the Americanism x British English one).
Reply 11
Original post by Yellowiris
It's was alright I did question one the speaking question with Ruby and her Aunt Lou and question 3 the 1700's text
what about you ?

Haha I did the exact same!! Thought it was ok too. What did you say in your answers? I felt I was rambling on the language change one! I focused it around gender.
Reply 12
Original post by Id and Ego seek
I bravely (accidentally) chose to do 04 (the Americanism x British English one).

Oh I was considering that too but then thought all the points I would make were kinda already made in the text so I wouldn't know where to start! Plus sexist ones are always good because you can just write about woman's rights haha
Reply 13
Original post by Mewmew8
Haha I did the exact same!! Thought it was ok too. What did you say in your answers? I felt I was rambling on the language change one! I focused it around gender.

lol same for question one I went on about Ruby knowing about the world and her environment e.g the baby and food and drink and her coat. I went on about her Aunt and how she helps her develop her language skilss by asking questions and that.

Language change I went on about gender and capitalisation, the long S, religion and writers attitudes I did a little about gender could have done more.
Reply 14
Original post by Id and Ego seek

I didnt even look at question 4 lol nor question 2 lol
Reply 15
One of the people in my class folded the page over for question 3 and did'nt see the rest of the text for the question so she only wrote about pages 1 and 2 for question 3 :/
Reply 16
Oops I probably should have said more about those thing haha! I wrote about Ruby being quite intelligent then network building/ ZPD/ CDS/ positive reinforcing and stages of using negatives and forming questions. Apparently they want you tonne really positive about children's language and I was! luckily she was quite clever so wasn't too hard haha. I think I probably went on about gender too much. Revolved it round how he was covering his judgemental attitude with 'compliments' etc and PC. I hate Lang change so boring and not loads to work with!
Got full marks on everything, English is eassay. Definately in at Oxford or Cambrige or Manchester Met now!
Reply 18
lol I bet you did fine :smile: I found the CLA question easier and your right beacause she clever there was a lot you could say. I struggled a bit on the language change went on a lot about the lexis he was using more than his attitude I had to rush the time went so quick. Was he "angered or annoyed" at the fact that "fashion" and clothes had taken over society and become important over issues such as Religion. Thats what I thought he was saying but I think thats wrong so I didnt focus too much on context I did mention pescriptivist attitudes and people of a high social status would read it.
Same here sick to death of Lanuage and it doesn't help that I do English Literature as well!
Reply 19
Yeah good little Ruby giving me plenty to say haha!
I'm sure it's fine that you talked about Lexis a lot, it is about language after all! I said a bit about religion too :smile: no I think you were fine to say that- it's probably about how you interpret it as it's not like the examiner will have been able to dosing what he really meant with the author haha! Oh yeah I mentioned a bit about money- cos he said women read novels and romances etc but in 1700s not many women were educated and booked were expensive! So he was massively overgeneralising there.
yuckkkk I've seen how hard English lit is with having to learn the plays etc

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending