The Student Room Group

King's College London (GKT) Applicants 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1540
Can anyone else not access the portal..?
Reply 1541
Original post by tushar009
Thanks, but I just found out that I got an offer :smile:, so happy

Well done! Hoping I get an offer too.. my interview was on the same day as yours if you remember :tongue:
Original post by ngullan
Well done! Hoping I get an offer too.. my interview was on the same day as yours if you remember :tongue:

Yes I do, dont worry im sure you'll get it soon! :smile:
Rejected post-interview. Good luck to all of you.

Haven't heard from Barts or BSMS yet, fingers crossed...
Original post by snakeyface
Rejected post-interview. Good luck to all of you.

Haven't heard from Barts or BSMS yet, fingers crossed...

Oh :frown:

Sorry to hear. I haven't actually seen many people come out on here with bad new post-interview. I hope they didn't interview candidates that they deemed stronger earlier on in the cycle......mine isn't for ages.

Did you feel your interview went OK at the time?
Reply 1545
I had my interview 2 days ago but was a bit suprised they didnt ask me much on my work experience.Any reasons why? thx
Original post by ZT-99
I had my interview 2 days ago but was a bit suprised they didnt ask me much on my work experience.Any reasons why? thx

same here... i didnt get asked too much about my work experience too...what time did u have your interview?
Original post by byebyebadman
Oh :frown:

Sorry to hear. I haven't actually seen many people come out on here with bad new post-interview. I hope they didn't interview candidates that they deemed stronger earlier on in the cycle......mine isn't for ages.

Did you feel your interview went OK at the time?

Yeah I did think my interview went well, if I'm honest my gut feeling when I got the email was that it was an offer... Quite gutting! I'm just putting it down to the very subjective interview technique, as I don't know what else I could have done. They didn't ask me anything from my personal statement, mostly the ethics scenario and generic 'what are good qualities in a doctor' questions.

Best of luck in your interview. I'm not too upset now as I just got an interview with Barts, excited! Good luck to everyone :smile:

Oh and if anyone is interested, my stats are UKCAT 792.5, AS AAAA,predicted A*A*A*. Gcses poor with extenuating circumstances.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1548
Original post by I_LUV_PenCIL
same here... i didnt get asked too much about my work experience too...what time did u have your interview?

Reply 1549
unconditional offer!!! After 3 weeks of waiting I can't quite believe it!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know how many graduates are interviewed for the 5 year course? And how many are given offers? I know some have already had interviews, and possibly received offers? Is there a set number for grads reserved like at barts?
Reply 1551
Never let anyone tell you you can't do it!!

I got 2A*'s, 2A's, 3B's at gcse. That's 7 gcse's in total. Most people have more A*'s then I have gcse's. I have the lowest number of A*'s and gcse's of any kcl applicant i've read about on TSR.

720 ukcat. Admittedly helped bump me up.

AAAB at AS

and I have a reprimand!! so I had to tick the criminal convictions bit in the ucas track bit.

I got an offer a couple of days ago!! AAA. I had my interview on the 8th January. took 3 weeks for a reply. I can't believe after everything i've actually got an offer, i'm so pleased!! But yeah guys. If I can do it anyone can. :smile:
Original post by ZT-99

Mine's at 10:40 so I probably have seen you? @@
Reply 1553
Original post by I_LUV_PenCIL
Mine's at 10:40 so I probably have seen you? @@

How did u think your interview went overall? apart from the fact that they didnt touch your statement.
Original post by byebyebadman
Does anyone know how many graduates are interviewed for the 5 year course? And how many are given offers? I know some have already had interviews, and possibly received offers? Is there a set number for grads reserved like at barts?

I dont know, it says on the website they expect about 15% of the total 5 year to be grads... Be good to know if any other grads are firming the 4yr/5yr to find accommodation and to know some people first.
Im most likely firming my offer from the 4 year at KCL :biggrin:
Original post by ZT-99
How did u think your interview went overall? apart from the fact that they didnt touch your statement.

i think it went okay. they pushed me a bit on the ethics part but I couldnt answer the correct answer after a few attempts and they just told me the answer straightaway

how about u?
Reply 1556
Are you given a set amount of time to complete the questionairre? If so, how much time do you have?
Is the questionairre used in the actual interview or do they just have your personal statement?
Thanks for your help!
Original post by Ama4
Are you given a set amount of time to complete the questionairre? If so, how much time do you have?
Is the questionairre used in the actual interview or do they just have your personal statement?
Thanks for your help!

30 minutes. (don't bother coming super early as you won't get extra time (during my interview day we didn't), and there were too many people in the waiting room so people who had interviews a couple of hours away had to hang out somewhere else for a bit)
You bring it to the interview room, I'm not sure if they use it or not in the interview because everyone's interview is different.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1558
Original post by Rainbow Clouds
30 minutes. (don't bother coming super early as you won't get extra time (during my interview day we didn't), and there were too many people in the waiting room so people who had interviews a couple of hours away had to hang out somewhere else for a bit)
You bring it to the interview room, I'm not sure if they use it or not in the interview because everyone's interview is different.

And I thought arriving 40 minutes before mine was a bit keen :lol:

Btw has anyone booked the post-offer open day? :smile:
Reply 1559
Original post by oli_G
And I thought arriving 40 minutes before mine was a bit keen :lol:

Btw has anyone booked the post-offer open day? :smile:

I'm probs going to be booking the march one :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending