The Student Room Group

Civil Service Graduate Fast Stream 2013

Scroll to see replies

Just found out I got through to central departments and pending dip service... had my fsac on 4th feb. Thank you for all the info from this forum, has really helped in terms of what to expect.

I didn't receive an email but my messages were updated last night so keep checking the actual page.
Original post by GRADUATE1234
Just found out I got through to central departments and pending dip service... had my fsac on 4th feb. Thank you for all the info from this forum, has really helped in terms of what to expect.

I didn't receive an email but my messages were updated last night so keep checking the actual page.

well done!
Reply 1062
Anyone from FSAC 31st Jan heard anything today?
Reply 1063

Massive congratulations. I was there that day but I haven't heard anything yet. Hopefully I'll get some news today or Monday and won't have to be ambered.

What group were you in by the way?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Having passed for the GFS (with Dip Service and Central Departments chosen as options), can someone just reassure me that I am guaranteed a job in Central Departments? I am about to withdraw my Technology in Business application and am suddenly inexplicably terrified of doing so!
Original post by petenew
Massive congratulations. I was there that day but I haven't heard anything yet. Hopefully I'll get some news today or Monday and won't have to be ambered.

What group were you in by the way?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey- i wouldnt worry...they said at least a week before amber banded. I was in group 6, what about you?
Reply 1066
Original post by sunburnt_note
Having passed for the GFS (with Dip Service and Central Departments chosen as options), can someone just reassure me that I am guaranteed a job in Central Departments? I am about to withdraw my Technology in Business application and am suddenly inexplicably terrified of doing so!

As I understand it, you are guaranteed a job in CD if you pass the FSAC, but I don't really think you gain much from withdrawing from TiB early so I wouldn't bother until it's absolutely necessary. No-one's required to take any job that's offered to them, so if it were me I wouldn't withdraw until I had accepted an offer from elsewhere.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1067
Hey- i wouldnt worry...they said at least a week before amber banded. I was in group 6, what about you?

I was in group 2. I'm not too worried as there's nothing I can do to change it now. If I'm amber then I'm amber, I can't boost my score.

Here's hoping we both get through to the DS stage.

Posted from TSR Mobile

According to the FAQ section of the Fast Stream website, only those that pass FSAC for CD are guaranteed a place. But I don't think you really need to withdraw anything at this stage because if you rank GFS higher than TiB, Parity will offer you CD and withdraw you from TiB or invite you to withdraw TiB. Either way, I don't think you'll be invited for TiB FSB unless you change your mind and withdraw from GFS. Hope that helps!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dj_macky
According to the FAQ section of the Fast Stream website, only those that pass FSAC for CD are guaranteed a place. But I don't think you really need to withdraw anything at this stage because if you rank GFS higher than TiB, Parity will offer you CD and withdraw you from TiB or invite you to withdraw TiB. Either way, I don't think you'll be invited for TiB FSB unless you change your mind and withdraw from GFS. Hope that helps!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for your response. You don't rank GFS and TiB against one another the way you do for CD/DS/HoP, etc. I've also been invited to both the DS FSB and the TiB FSB, so they clearly are separate schemes. I've passed FSAC and have a pass for CD, so all I was checking was that I was definitely guaranteed a job in CD and was safe to withdraw my TiB application. There's no point in me taking up a space at the FSB if I've already got something I'd prefer.
Original post by petenew
As I understand it, you are guaranteed a job in CD if you pass the FSAC, but I don't really think you gain much from withdrawing from TiB early so I wouldn't bother until it's absolutely necessary. No-one's required to take any job that's offered to them, so if it were me I wouldn't withdraw until I had accepted an offer from elsewhere.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Somehow missed this - but thanks for the advice!
Thanks for your response. You don't rank GFS and TiB against one another the way you do for CD/DS/HoP, etc. I've also been invited to both the DS FSB and the TiB FSB, so they clearly are separate schemes. I've passed FSAC and have a pass for CD, so all I was checking was that I was definitely guaranteed a job in CD and was safe to withdraw my TiB application. There's no point in me taking up a space at the FSB if I've already got something I'd prefer.

You're welcome. What I meant by 'rank' was when you added your scheme(s) before taking the online test as you are supposed to do this based on your preference. I wasn't referring to the option selection for GFS - CD, DS, HoP, Science & Engineering that you rank after passing the online test for GFS. Anyway, congratulations again, and all the best with your FSB.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dj_macky
You're welcome. What I meant by 'rank' was when you added your scheme(s) before taking the online test as you are supposed to do this based on your preference. I wasn't referring to the option selection for GFS - CD, DS, HoP, Science & Engineering that you rank after passing the online test for GFS. Anyway, congratulations again, and all the best with your FSB.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I never had to do this - how very odd! Perhaps it was because I added TiB later. Thank you!
Has anyone had the FSAC for HR?
Original post by laurapug
Anyone from FSAC 31st Jan heard anything today?

not me no change to status yet still awaiting event / event details
Does anybody know what the pass mark was for the social research stream? Or what it was last year ...
Original post by harrymaxwell
Has anyone had the FSAC for HR?

mine is on wednesday :smile:
Reply 1078

Hello

Congrats on all your FSBs! I'm amber banded for DS FSB but have passed CD. I was haunted by the same question so emailed to confirm and yes it is a definite job in central departments. I think your comment that you might withdraw your TiB is a really honourable one. If you know you won't take TiB over Central Departments then I assume 1 other person will get though to the FSB who otherwise wouldn't get the chance. But if you're not sure then definitely go for it! Congratulations! Maybe see you next year somewhere!
Reply 1079
Just out of interest, has anyone heard from the Science and Engineering FS yet? I haven't met/heard of anyone else going for that stream... thanks!

Massive congratulations to those who passed DS and CD :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending