The Student Room Group

***Official Summer 2013 & Off Cycle Internship Applications***

Scroll to see replies

HSBC have said that they're pretty much wrapping up recruitment for the Advisory division...
Original post by Sockpirate
Yeah, my friend got an offer for FICC sales and trading today.

thanks mate!
Original post by KPCN
Can you tell me why you resigned and how it went?

I reneged because I proceeded with another opportunity. I think it went ok, however reneging is never good and the feeling after you do it makes it worse. If you ever have to do it, make sure it is well in advance and be very apologetic.
Original post by writer07
Does anyone know if the banks actually ask for the a level and gcse transcripts/the actual certificates after the offer? what if you can't find it for some reason? Will the UCAS offer do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol what u mean if you cant find them?

they will ask you to provide them with transcripts
your offer is conditional on that

you might be able to delay the process tho
Original post by Doughnuts!!
HSBC have said that they're pretty much wrapping up recruitment for the Advisory division...

hey dough,
thanks for the insight!

how did you find this out? any clue if they will hold another AC?
Original post by Yawn11
Is it odd that I study Biomedical Science but attempting to branch towards the corporate career paths? :beard:

Not really. I did the same.
Reply 5346
Original post by Battleship
From my experience, all BBs do.

Smaller banks do even more detailed check on the background, grades, etc.

So do you mean that if someone would have to re-sit an exam during the summer they would see there offer terminated?
Has anyone interviewed with Rabobank in London before?
Reply 5348
When a recruiter asks you during an interview if you've applied to any other banks, what kind of answer are they looking for? What exactly are they hoping to do with this info? I don't get it.
Original post by Barni 473
Anyone news from Macquarie post interview?

Which division?
Original post by sweetboy101
Which division?

FICC
Original post by Bilderberg
I have recently reneged on a signed offer...the worst feeling ever. Don't do it unless you are really sure and want it!

how did you do it? phone? email? post?
Original post by wannabebanker
how did you do it? phone? email? post?

Phone, then email to confirm.
interview with barclays for FICC sales next wednesday
Original post by haart
When a recruiter asks you during an interview if you've applied to any other banks, what kind of answer are they looking for? What exactly are they hoping to do with this info? I don't get it.

It serves to check whether you have enough integrity to actually be honest. They know everyone applies to most banks. Be honest. There's little to gain (ok so maybe you are a tiny bit more interested in our culture than most other people, great, just as likely you couldn't be bothered to fill in more application forms) and everything to lose from lying (so this kid actually lied about who he applied to? Dinged).
lol why the negging cos i have an interview? bitter.
Can anyone point me towards any websites/PDF's online etc. which talk about Par Loan/Leveraged loan trading?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 5357
Original post by shindaabc
Has anyone heard anything from Commerzbank or MUSI, for Market Risk in particular
Cheers

Yeah, had my interview with them and they gave me a call yesterday saying I got the internship. Pretty quick. I'm just waiting for the HR letter now. Hopefully it should come soon.
Original post by Tits&Acid
lol why the negging cos i have an interview? bitter.

haters gonna hate.jpg

congrats on the interview and good luck!
Original post by Philosopher-of-sorts
It serves to check whether you have enough integrity to actually be honest. They know everyone applies to most banks. Be honest. There's little to gain (ok so maybe you are a tiny bit more interested in our culture than most other people, great, just as likely you couldn't be bothered to fill in more application forms) and everything to lose from lying (so this kid actually lied about who he applied to? Dinged).

Either that or they may assume you only really did apply to one bank, in which case they're going to be thinking that you're not that serious about a career in the industry.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending