The Student Room Group

King Edward Camp Hill Girls Interview!

Hi....
so I got an interview for king edward camp hill girls on 5th March and I just wanted to know if anyone else goes there who has applied externally as I would like to have some tips on the interview...what do they ask? Are there any tests? Do they ask questions from the GCSE course?

thank you any advice would be greatly appreciated!
btw has anyone else got an interview ??

Scroll to see replies

Hey, I got an interview for the 5th of March too. I've heard they ask you questions on the a-level subjects you've picked and the normal interview questions like 'what can you offer our school?', 'why do you want to go to camp hill?' etc
Reply 2
Original post by strawberries123
Hey, I got an interview for the 5th of March too. I've heard they ask you questions on the a-level subjects you've picked and the normal interview questions like 'what can you offer our school?', 'why do you want to go to camp hill?' etc

Oh
okay thanks..when did u apply?
Have u applied to any other grammar schools? I've applied to king Edward five ways too I've had my interview just waiting for the result!

btw good luck!!
No problem :smile: quite a while ago now, can't remember when exactly & yes near enough all the grammar schools lol. I've got places at King Edwards Stourbridge and Handsworth Grammar, I've had an interview at Bishop Veseys, got rejected from fiveways, they just wrote me a letter saying to reapply on results day because they don't have enough spaces for the subjects I want to study and I've got interviews at King edwards Handsworth and Camp hill.

Haven't heard from QMGS and Sutton coldfield grammar school yet.

Thankyou :smile: you too! Btw what are your predicted grades like?
Reply 4
No problem :smile: quite a while ago now, can't remember when exactly & yes near enough all the grammar schools lol. I've got places at King Edwards Stourbridge and Handsworth Grammar, I've had an interview at Bishop Veseys, got rejected from fiveways, they just wrote me a letter saying to reapply on results day because they don't have enough spaces for the subjects I want to study and I've got interviews at King edwards Handsworth and Camp hill.

Haven't heard from QMGS and Sutton coldfield grammar school yet.

:smile: you too! Btw what are your predicted grades like?

Hi, when did five ways write to you?? Did u have an interview? I had an interview in January I think and haven't heard from them yet...btw which subjects did u apply for? I applied for biology chemistry maths and economics which are really common subjects so I think it will be difficult to get a place but hopefully I will!!
wow you've applied to like all the grammar schools!! Which one do u want to got to the most ? Is ur current school a grammar school?
the predicted grade stuff works kinda different in my school it changes based on tests etc. but they are all A*'s and A's wbu?
I already got an A in economics last year as well..
Original post by sweet_gyal97
Hi, when did five ways write to you?? Did u have an interview? I had an interview in January I think and haven't heard from them yet...btw which subjects did u apply for? I applied for biology chemistry maths and economics which are really common subjects so I think it will be difficult to get a place but hopefully I will!!
wow you've applied to like all the grammar schools!! Which one do u want to got to the most ? Is ur current school a grammar school?
the predicted grade stuff works kinda different in my school it changes based on tests etc. but they are all A*'s and A's wbu?
I already got an A in economics last year as well..

Five ways wrote to me a few days ago & no I didn't get an inteview just a rejection letter. I applied for Biology, Chemistry, Maths and English Literature but I've already started my maths a-level so I just need to finish off the second year in sixth form. Yeah same, maths and science subjects always seem to be oversubscribed but I'm sure you'll do fine, good luck for fiveways!
I'm not really sure which one I want to go to most, my first choice was fiveways the rest were just a sort of a backup tbh so I guess I'll just attend like 2 or 3 induction days and see which one I like most...
No my current school is an academy, wbu? Same my predicted grades tend to change aswell usually every few months but they tend to be near enough exactly the same but atm they are 6A*'s 7A's 1B and an A in AS maths and I've already got 2A*'s and 2A's due to early sittings
Hopefully going to reapply to fiveways though on results day so if I do get in we'd be in 3 of the same classes :smile: Is fiveways ur first choice?
Reply 6
Five ways wrote to me a few days ago & no I didn't get an inteview just a rejection letter. I applied for Biology, Chemistry, Maths and English Literature but I've already started my maths a-level so I just need to finish off the second year in sixth form. Yeah same, maths and science subjects always seem to be oversubscribed but I'm sure you'll do fine, good luck for fiveways!
I'm not really sure which one I want to go to most, my first choice was fiveways the rest were just a sort of a backup tbh so I guess I'll just attend like 2 or 3 induction days and see which one I like most...
No my current school is an academy, wbu? Same my predicted grades tend to change aswell usually every few months but they tend to be near enough exactly the same but atm they are 6A*'s 7A's 1B and an A in AS maths and I've already got 2A*'s and 2A's due to early sittings
Hopefully going to reapply to fiveways though on results day so if I do get in we'd be in 3 of the same classes :smile: Is fiveways ur first choice?

Hi,
my current school is a comprehensive..
your predicted grades are really good so if u get them i doubt you'll have much trouble getting in!
what subjects did u get your 2 A's and A*'s in? im guessing one of them is maths..
how is A-level maths? is it really hard? and how hard is it to do Alevel and GCSE at the same time?
or are you just really good at maths?

what time is your camp hill interview?
yeah that would be cool!...:cool:
yeah i think five ways is my first choice, in fact i like everything about it the only negative is that it is really far, but i guess i can put up with that :smile:
Hi,
my current school is a comprehensive..
your predicted grades are really good so if u get them i doubt you'll have much trouble getting in!
what subjects did u get your 2 A's and A*'s in? im guessing one of them is maths..
how is A-level maths? is it really hard? and how hard is it to do Alevel and GCSE at the same time?
or are you just really good at maths?

what time is your camp hill interview?
yeah that would be cool!...:cool:
yeah i think five ways is my first choice, in fact i like everything about it the only negative is that it is really far, but i guess i can put up with that :smile:

I got an A and an A* in ICT, an A in english language and an A* in maths.
Honestly, I think people tend to exaggerate loads on how hard a-level maths is because from my own experience its not at all that bad. However I guess I'm quite biased because it is definitely my strongest subject but don't let people put you off it, its not as bad as people make it out to be :smile:
Its definitely quite hectic doing an AS and the rest of my gcse's all together at times but I try to keep ahead in all my work so its not too bad
My Camp Hill interview is at 10:45am...what time is yours?
Reply 8
I got an A and an A* in ICT, an A in english language and an A* in maths.
Honestly, I think people tend to exaggerate loads on how hard a-level maths is because from my own experience its not at all that bad. However I guess I'm quite biased because it is definitely my strongest subject but don't let people put you off it, its not as bad as people make it out to be :smile:
Its definitely quite hectic doing an AS and the rest of my gcse's all together at times but I try to keep ahead in all my work so its not too bad
My Camp Hill interview is at 10:45am...what time is yours?

Oh okay thanks for the advice I love maths but still need to get an A* (got 2 As already resisting in march)
So u will only be doing 3 AS's ? In sixth form?
mine is at 11:45 are u scared? I am I hope there's no test.. :frown:
Oh okay thanks for the advice I love maths but still need to get an A* (got 2 As already resisting in march)
So u will only be doing 3 AS's ? In sixth form?
mine is at 11:45 are u scared? I am I hope there's no test.. :frown:

Yeah quite a lot of my friends are sitting it in march aswell, goodluck!
Yepp, unless I do a fifth a level which I am considering atm as further maths but I'm not too sure yet, plus I might have to sit all 6 a level maths exams altogether depending on which school I go to because some do a different board to what I'm doing at the moment so there's still loads of pressure...
I'm dreading it, I've heard its the hardest inteview out of all the schools...samee but I know they test you on your a level subjects I just hope the questions aren't too hard.
The letter said we are going to have a tour aswell I think...
Reply 10
Yeah quite a lot of my friends are sitting it in march aswell, goodluck!
Yepp, unless I do a fifth a level which I am considering atm as further maths but I'm not too sure yet, plus I might have to sit all 6 a level maths exams altogether depending on which school I go to because some do a different board to what I'm doing at the moment so there's still loads of pressure...
I'm dreading it, I've heard its the hardest inteview out of all the schools...samee but I know they test you on your a level subjects I just hope the questions aren't too hard.
The letter said we are going to have a tour aswell I think...

What exam board are u doing for a level maths?
when did u get ur A* in maths? The edexcel maths papers have changed now to have functional skills in them so they are a bit harder now..

Oh well whatever happens will happen for the best..:smile:
yeah they'll be a tour and we get to meet the students, how long do u think the whole thing will last? And how long do u think the interview will be?
im trying to relax..but I think that the best thing to do is to be ourselves!!
:smile:...
What exam board are u doing for a level maths?
when did u get ur A* in maths? The edexcel maths papers have changed now to have functional skills in them so they are a bit harder now..

Oh well whatever happens will happen for the best..:smile:
yeah they'll be a tour and we get to meet the students, how long do u think the whole thing will last? And how long do u think the interview will be?
im trying to relax..but I think that the best thing to do is to be ourselves!!
:smile:...

I'm doing AQA for AS maths and I did edexcel for gcse maths...yeah I sat the functional skills paper too last June, we were the first to sit them so we didnt really know what to expect & yepp they are definitely harder than what they were before

Hopefully :smile:
I think it will be roughly about an hour long altogether and the interview will probably be about 20 minutes...thats what the previous interviews I've had were like and they gave us tours too

Yeah definitely! They all seem to ask the question 'what can you give to our school?' & I don't really know what to say lol, did fiveways ask that? & if they did what did you say?
What other schools did you apply to other than Camp Hill and fiveways?
Reply 12
I'm doing AQA for AS maths and I did edexcel for gcse maths...yeah I sat the functional skills paper too last June, we were the first to sit them so we didnt really know what to expect & yepp they are definitely harder than what they were before

Hopefully :smile:
I think it will be roughly about an hour long altogether and the interview will probably be about 20 minutes...thats what the previous interviews I've had were like and they gave us tours too

Yeah definitely! They all seem to ask the question 'what can you give to our school?' & I don't really know what to say lol, did fiveways ask that? & if they did what did you say?
What other schools did you apply to other than Camp Hill and fiveways?

no five ways didnt ask me that, but the first question they asked was how do u think five ways will be different to ur school?
i was the last person to be interviewed with that partcular teacher (he was head of sixth form) and it lasted around 15 minutes...
other than fiveways and camp hill, ive applied to solihull sixth form, tudor grange academy (not so sure about that one anymore but i got an interview on 7th march) and my school sixth form. so yeah those two are the only grammar schools..:smile:
ive got a place at my school and solihull sixth form
have u got a place at ur school?
no five ways didnt ask me that, but the first question they asked was how do u think five ways will be different to ur school?
i was the last person to be interviewed with that partcular teacher (he was head of sixth form) and it lasted around 15 minutes...
other than fiveways and camp hill, ive applied to solihull sixth form, tudor grange academy (not so sure about that one anymore but i got an interview on 7th march) and my school sixth form. so yeah those two are the only grammar schools..:smile:
ive got a place at my school and solihull sixth form
have u got a place at ur school?

Ohh ok, yepp got a place at my school...they gave near enough all the internals a place straight away but they make you do ICT in sixthform as its compulsory unless your predicted high grades. They aren't making me do ICT but I don't want to stay, need a change!
I've heard Solihull have a pretty nice campus? What are they like academically?
Reply 14
Ohh ok, yepp got a place at my school...they gave near enough all the internals a place straight away but they make you do ICT in sixthform as its compulsory unless your predicted high grades. They aren't making me do ICT but I don't want to stay, need a change!
I've heard Solihull have a pretty nice campus? What are they like academically?

Lol aren't u gonna miss your school? Do they have to to Alevel ICT? How come?
When I went to the open day of solihull sixth form I really liked it. It was big and modern and all the teachers were really nice so were the classrooms and how they organised the event. (It was the first open day I went to so I was a bit OMG I love this place) but now that I think about it the thing that is putting me off going there is the fact that it is a sixth form college it will be very different to a school atmosphere and I don't want that. I like it better to be in a school environment maybe because it will be a big step and I have heard from lots of people in my school who went to solihull then left to come back to my school that the teachers hardly ever help you and u have to do everything yourself so yeah I'd prefer to go to a school!!
Lol aren't u gonna miss your school? Do they have to to Alevel ICT? How come?
When I went to the open day of solihull sixth form I really liked it. It was big and modern and all the teachers were really nice so were the classrooms and how they organised the event. (It was the first open day I went to so I was a bit OMG I love this place) but now that I think about it the thing that is putting me off going there is the fact that it is a sixth form college it will be very different to a school atmosphere and I don't want that. I like it better to be in a school environment maybe because it will be a big step and I have heard from lots of people in my school who went to solihull then left to come back to my school that the teachers hardly ever help you and u have to do everything yourself so yeah I'd prefer to go to a school!!

I will, mostly the people but I still need a change lol...they tell us it's because technology is developing real quick so we should be up to date with it so we should do ICT, only thing is, its a BTEC qualification so worth near enough nothing so personally I don't see the point...
Yes same here, although I got into King Eds Stourbridge college I would prefer to go to a King Edward school tbh..:smile:
Reply 16
I will, mostly the people but I still need a change lol...they tell us it's because technology is developing real quick so we should be up to date with it so we should do ICT, only thing is, its a BTEC qualification so worth near enough nothing so personally I don't see the point...
Yes same here, although I got into King Eds Stourbridge college I would prefer to go to a King Edward school tbh..:smile:

Oh lol yeah I did BTEC ICT in year 9...and 10...it was SOOO much work!!
king Edward Stourbridge? Where is that..I don't think I've ever heard of it I didn't know there were king Edward colleges lol!!
How is it? Is it a good college?
Btw what do u wanna be when u grow up?
U seem to be very good at maths..how many people in ur class or year got an A* first time?
Oh lol yeah I did BTEC ICT in year 9...and 10...it was SOOO much work!!
king Edward Stourbridge? Where is that..I don't think I've ever heard of it I didn't know there were king Edward colleges lol!!
How is it? Is it a good college?
Btw what do u wanna be when u grow up?
U seem to be very good at maths..how many people in ur class or year got an A* first time?

Lol yeah same here and my work went off for moderation twice out of the three times so I had to put lots of extra stuff in it to make sure I get a distinction or the grades of the rest of my class would have gone down...it was hectic!

Its in Stourbridge and its the only King Edward college around here...lmao most people haven't tbh
Yeah it's pretty good, it was the second best college in the country on the recent league tables and they tend to have quite a few oxbridge candidates but the King Edward schools are better.

I want to hopefully study medicine in university so probably a doctor, how about you?
Thankyou :smile: but I have to admit the maths exam we had was pretty easy compared to the specimen paper and the grade boundaries weren't too high so I kind of got quite lucky as well & 16 people got A* first time altogether...we all started a level maths but then some dropped out to do gcse statistics instead
Reply 18
Lol yeah same here and my work went off for moderation twice out of the three times so I had to put lots of extra stuff in it to make sure I get a distinction or the grades of the rest of my class would have gone down...it was hectic!

Its in Stourbridge and its the only King Edward college around here...lmao most people haven't tbh
Yeah it's pretty good, it was the second best college in the country on the recent league tables and they tend to have quite a few oxbridge candidates but the King Edward schools are better.

I want to hopefully study medicine in university so probably a doctor, how about you?
Thankyou :smile: but I have to admit the maths exam we had was pretty easy compared to the specimen paper and the grade boundaries weren't too high so I kind of got quite lucky as well & 16 people got A* first time altogether...we all started a level maths but then some dropped out to do gcse statistics instead

Yeah same mine had to be moderated too!
really? What's the best college?
oh same I want to be a GP so I want to study Medicine too!!
yeah i saw the specimen paper it was really hard u know ...so much probability in it!!
yeah I think the June exam was pretty easy from looking at the past papers but our teacher didn't enter us for that. The grade boundary was actually kinda high (164) in the November one it was 157 and I got 148 ...oh well hopefully ill get an a* this time!!
in our class(in fact the whole year) only 2 people got an A* can u believe that?!? Lots of people got As and Bs though but still!!
Hi....
so I got an interview for king edward camp hill girls on 5th March and I just wanted to know if anyone else goes there who has applied externally as I would like to have some tips on the interview...what do they ask? Are there any tests? Do they ask questions from the GCSE course?

thank you any advice would be greatly appreciated!
btw has anyone else got an interview ??

Had an interview there about two years ago way I remembered it was first you have an interview with either of the three senior staff; head of year, sixth form or school. Just like you I was interested in going into medicine, why I chose my particular subjects they asked if I did any further reading and they asked me how I thought I was going to fit into the school what I could contribute why medicine and why I thought camp hill was the place for me. There was a small written exercise when I went general questions about fitting in and what makes A-level study different from GCSEs and hw you would cope and stuff. Plus obviously the tour.
My interview went well although for a weird reason screwed it up...
I got offers from handsworth and fiveways but I chose fiveways due to the distance from home.
Good luck for the interview, dont be intimidated by any other students on the day and be yourself
P.s ur interview is on my Bday.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending