The Student Room Group

Veterinary Medicine 2013 hopefuls! (again, early...)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5860
Original post by skatealexia
I'd say prospect point :smile: x

Ah thanks! I'm so excited for freshers and stuff! Just need to get the grades *crosses fingers*
Reply 5861
Original post by Suvetty
I'm right at the other end of the country, the north coast of the north! What does she breed? Until December I worked in a mixed practice, but now I work in an small animal clinic, I miss the farmers and the muck! And I am quickly tiring of spoilt lap dogs and quickly learning about the ignorance of the general public!lol My brother is at Glasgow vet school, he's 2 years younger than me and if notts let me in (please?!) my first year will be his last!

oh I'm so jealous of your brother haha! yes i know its really bad to say this too but i dislike not all but the majority of small designer breed dogs, i don't like their look nor their behaviour a lot of the time, to me they are not cute, to me bigger dogs resembling bears are cute but hey we are all different, i love animals that are huge and i can hug or i feel like they have a majestic feel to them, hence why i want to be a dairy farming vet if i make it!! I'm sure notts will give you a place!! ha the general public is something working as a fashion retail manager i quickly learned how much common sense they lack and how utterly rude and disgusting some people act or behave! haha! but oh well onwards and upwards aye! she breeds new found lands, big lovely bears!! one has just had AI in dublin because its allowed there and she's had difficulty in getting pregnant so I'm hoping to go and visit the pups! you know i think i saw you at the interview actually on the 27th because i remember an irish girl with another girl and you two talked like you knew each other well lol I'm a people watcher forgive me!
im so nervous about notts its killing me!! i absolutely dream of getting a place there, its such a big thing for me because i had such a massive career change and proved to so many people i wanted it so id love to get the cherry on the cake this year, if not next. the students were lovely, the campus was lush and the facilities the best I've seen! you gona live in halls if you get in? I'm deffo not, id love to but I'm a bit old now lol, id live in one as like a watcher over/student if they do that i know they have mature students in some halls to keep a friendly watch but I'm not sure! :smile:
Original post by Pandabay
oh I'm so jealous of your brother haha! yes i know its really bad to say this too but i dislike not all but the majority of small designer breed dogs, i don't like their look nor their behaviour a lot of the time, to me they are not cute, to me bigger dogs resembling bears are cute but hey we are all different, i love animals that are huge and i can hug or i feel like they have a majestic feel to them, hence why i want to be a dairy farming vet if i make it!! I'm sure notts will give you a place!! ha the general public is something working as a fashion retail manager i quickly learned how much common sense they lack and how utterly rude and disgusting some people act or behave! haha! but oh well onwards and upwards aye! she breeds new found lands, big lovely bears!! one has just had AI in dublin because its allowed there and she's had difficulty in getting pregnant so I'm hoping to go and visit the pups! you know i think i saw you at the interview actually on the 27th because i remember an irish girl with another girl and you two talked like you knew each other well lol I'm a people watcher forgive me!
im so nervous about notts its killing me!! i absolutely dream of getting a place there, its such a big thing for me because i had such a massive career change and proved to so many people i wanted it so id love to get the cherry on the cake this year, if not next. the students were lovely, the campus was lush and the facilities the best I've seen! you gona live in halls if you get in? I'm deffo not, id love to but I'm a bit old now lol, id live in one as like a watcher over/student if they do that i know they have mature students in some halls to keep a friendly watch but I'm not sure! :smile:

Just spotted bigger dogs in that post and read what you said. Couldn't agree more! I absolutely love large dogs and I was chatting to one of the interviewers about this when I went (not in the actual interview) :biggrin: I also thing large dogs are actually less aggressive than smaller ones even though most people think the opposite. I'd love an Irish setter and rough collie when I'm older as well as about 5 more big dogs :')

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5863
Original post by Imlovingmyradio

Edinburgh just, how about yourself ? :biggrin:

Good Luck for Edinburgh :smile: I'm still waiting on Liverpool. Really worried now as I had my interview in January and still nothing!
Reply 5864
Original post by _Mollie_
Good Luck for Edinburgh :smile: I'm still waiting on Liverpool. Really worried now as I had my interview in January and still nothing!

I had mine in January too! :smile: But they're giving the majority (200ish) offers out right at the end so I wouldn't worry :smile: Only the very very best who got top scored have heard. Someone said they rang and Liverpool said they've only given out 20-30 out of 240ish :smile:
Reply 5865

Pandabay I think you are me a wee bit! I love big dogs and my dreams lie in being a dairy vet! Wrote a paper on dairy cattle that was published in the national anthropology journal, not in the least bit interesting and not earth shattering research for the farming world but quite interesting to anthropologists maybe..my professor had thought that cows were still milked by hand until he read it!lol that was probably me on the 27th then, didn't know Mica (the other Irish girl), met her on the plane that morning! glanced at the passenger beside me and saw something with "veterinary" written on it in her hand, turned out she was going to the interview too! Such a small world lol I was the tall one with a green cardigan.What group were you in? Really wondering about halls... Seems handy but at the same time, I've had plenty of experience of it already...was looking at houses to rent in Sutton Bonington, not too expensive but would need to find housemates! My brother is sick of studying at this stage and every time he complains I want to strangle him because he doesn't realize how lucky he is! Have you applied anywhere else?
I like small dogs :colondollar:. Mine is a cavalier x pomeranian. :smile:
Reply 5867
I like small dogs :colondollar:. Mine is a cavalier x pomeranian. :smile:

haha I'm sure its lush, my mum has a jack russell whom i adore secretly lol :wink: he has so much personality and is terribly naughty but then my dads dog is a great dane x black lab and is a huge ridiculous galloping idiot who you cannot help but hug!! but in general i find i prefer big dogs :smile:
Reply 5868
Original post by Radiohead_1
Just spotted bigger dogs in that post and read what you said. Couldn't agree more! I absolutely love large dogs and I was chatting to one of the interviewers about this when I went (not in the actual interview) :biggrin: I also thing large dogs are actually less aggressive than smaller ones even though most people think the opposite. I'd love an Irish setter and rough collie when I'm older as well as about 5 more big dogs :')

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've got a duck tolling retriever who is my son, i don't agree with pedigree breeds etc but i rescued him so i didn't support the cause etc however he is super awesome and hell be coming to notts if i get in so if you do you can come get one of his awesome bear hugs! he's so fury and is very naughty but he has this awesome sequence of tricks and he smiles on cue etc haha
I've got a duck tolling retriever who is my son, i don't agree with pedigree breeds etc but i rescued him so i didn't support the cause etc however he is super awesome and hell be coming to notts if i get in so if you do you can come get one of his awesome bear hugs! he's so fury and is very naughty but he has this awesome sequence of tricks and he smiles on cue etc haha

Omg hahahaha he sounds brill :biggrin: I'm just picturing getting greeted by him as I walk through the door :') hopefully we can make this happen if we both get offers haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5870
Anyone think we will hear anything next week from Notts/Edinburgh? :smile:
We have 2 shih tzus :colondollar: We got them cause they look like ewoks from starwars and cause we wanted something completely different from our lab who was like 16 when he got put down
Original post by wallaby

I can't say about notts as I wasn't interviewed, but I think that Edinburgh might start putting out decisions next week, judging by the fact a few people's EUCLID statuses seem to have gone blank. Does anyone have any idea whether they let us all know in one go, or over several days?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I adore tollers!
Original post by wallaby

Original post by laser174572
I can't say about notts as I wasn't interviewed, but I think that Edinburgh might start putting out decisions next week, judging by the fact a few people's EUCLID statuses seem to have gone blank. Does anyone have any idea whether they let us all know in one go, or over several days?

Posted from TSR Mobile

^
Last year, most Edinburgh offers went out 26th March so I'd imagine they'll be out next week or the week after. Hope that helps and good luck :smile:
Original post by 2006019
Please tell me I'm not the only one having bizarre dreams about hearing from Vet schools.. or even interviews, and yet my last interview was in January ! hahaha histerical with stress

I had a dream the other night I got into RVC but it wasn't just a vet school it was a ninja school too and they were teaching us how to assassinate people!
Reply 5876
Has anyone who has had an interview for Liverpool got any advice? Thanks
Reply 5877
Original post by Plebbles
I had a dream the other night I got into RVC but it wasn't just a vet school it was a ninja school too and they were teaching us how to assassinate people!

I had a recent dream where I went to the interview which was like a convention in ita set up with loads of people doing their interviews at the same time at loads of stalls. My ex was also doing it too (he would never be able/want to apply). Then we sat in a lecture hall and they read out who was successful. I wasnt and so was my ex which I was happy about in a spiteful way (i remember feeling this). At that point though I declared I was pants at all interviews ever, regardless of what they were for (never been great at job interviews see) and cried. Felt really confused when I woke up trying to work out if it was real or not.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by miffy56
I had a recent dream where I went to the interview which was like a convention in ita set up with loads of people doing their interviews at the same time at loads of stalls. My ex was also doing it too (he would never be able/want to apply). Then we sat in a lecture hall and they read out who was successful. I wasnt and so was my ex which I was happy about in a spiteful way (i remember feeling this). At that point though I declared I was pants at all interviews ever, regardless of what they were for (never been great at job interviews see) and cried. Felt really confused when I woke up trying to work out if it was real or not.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh that's a horrible, if not incredibly bizarre one! Where are you waiting to hear from! I think I'm gonna go mad with all this waiting!
Reply 5879
I adore tollers!

yay!! me too, he's a beaut but he thinks the ducks in the park are for catching which is a little naughty!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending