The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

Brayford Quays 2013

Anyone else applying for Brayford Quays next year? I'm still not fully decided but it looks like the one I'll go for.

However, I have reservations about it because it says that they don't have wifi and according to another website, there's no iron or ironing board - do people in Brayford Quays just go out with creased clothes or do these items need to be bought?

Also, I hope they put the freshers with other freshers as I don't want to be stuck with a group of mature students (not that there's anything wrong with them, but I want to live the freshers year!)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Brayford Quays is, at the moment, the place I'm planning on applying for! :]

I only know that the lack of wireless is due to it going too slow when so many people are connected to it, plus--wired internet can't be that bad...or I hope not. I am wondering though if it'd be possible to buy a longer ethernet cable though as I have heard they are quite short!
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Reply 2
Yeah I guess you could take your own, I think they're pretty cheap on Amazon. I've researched more into it and Brayford Quay's Internet provider is Ask4, so you can purchase an addon to enable wireless for a one off fee of £15 and then you just need to buy a wireless access point to plug in. Bit of a cheek that they ask you to pay for wireless though!

Which of the many options are you looking at getting? On the website there's ones with a view, etc. I just want the cheapest ones available haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
That is cheek! But it may be worth it in the long run, so I'll definitely look into it a bit more.

The only two I've even considered is Brayford Quays and Park Court...the others seem a tad too expensive for me. Although I have a friend in Hayes Wharf and she said it's quite nice--so may have to take a look at Hayes Wharf also!
Reply 4
Is no one staying in the courts, like the on campus accommodation? Heard mixed reviews about it tho. "/
I'm applying to The Junxion and Brayford Quays, I visited them both on the open day and they were both lovely. I'm pretty sure Brayford has wifi, but if it doesn't say on the website you could always ring them or email and ask.
Reply 6
I looked at courts on the open day but after looking at student finance, Brayford Quays seem much nicer and even the standard en suite rooms or ones with a view are cheaper than courts! Definitely going to apply here. I'm heading down next week for my interview so I may arrange a visit or definitely go find out more about the off site halls. Did anybody look at brayford quays in person? if so please let me know what you thought :smile:
Original post by rachaelcw
Did anybody look at brayford quays in person? if so please let me know what you thought :smile:

Yeah I looked at Bradford quays and it was lovely and the location was really good too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by ThatGirlEmily
Yeah I looked at Bradford quays and it was lovely and the location was really good too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw thank you! I'm so excited. I have my interview next week so if I get an offer its definitely my top choice, I have no hope of getting into Kingston
Original post by rachaelcw
Aw thank you! I'm so excited. I have my interview next week so if I get an offer its definitely my top choice, I have no hope of getting into Kingston

No problem! :smile: Aww well good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by ThatGirlEmily
No problem! :smile: Aww well good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you :smile:
have you applied yet?
Reply 11
My choices are
1) Brayford Quay
2) Park Court
3) on campus
:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile[
Reply 12
I applied for Brayford Quay as my first choice, then Pavilions and Junxion
Reply 13
Original post by Davidspill
My choices are
1) Brayford Quay
2) Park Court
3) on campus
:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile[

Same! Hopefully see you in freshers :wink:
Still unsure whether to firm Lincoln or not, but Quays looks like my choice for accommodation, whether firm or insurance. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I looked at all of the accommodation and Brayford Quays is definitely the best without a doubt. On campus halls are so over priced. What is everybody studying? And who's confirmed Lincoln as their first choice?
Reply 16
Original post by Brett27taylor
I looked at all of the accommodation and Brayford Quays is definitely the best without a doubt. On campus halls are so over priced. What is everybody studying? And who's confirmed Lincoln as their first choice?

Law and criminology and Firmed :smile:
You?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
I'm studying biochemistry and firmed :biggrin:
I am studying Politics and International Relations :smile:. Rw165 and Frizz! Where have you applied for accommodation?
Reply 19
1. Brayford Quays
2. Pavilions
3. Junxion
4. Hayes warf
5. Park court
6. Courts

Hope I get Quays, but I applied quite late, my reference number is like 7000+, Where have you applied? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest