The Student Room Group

Hull-York Medical School Offer Holders 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by blobafet3
Hi all, another offer holder here (one of the fortunate 'offer sans-interview' people), not a graduate however so I bow to your superior knowledge!

Hellloooo :smile: I'm a school leaver too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by g.k.galloway
Hellloooo :smile: I'm a school leaver too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi! :biggrin: Nice to know I'm not the only degree-less plebian with a HYMS offer, congratulations on yours! Do you have any other offers?
Reply 62
Hi! :biggrin: Nice to know I'm not the only degree-less plebian with a HYMS offer, congratulations on yours! Do you have any other offers?

Haha :smile: we can both cower in the corner being scared of their intellectual superiority!!
Nope :smile: I've had two rejections and am yet to hear from Leicester. Yourself?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 63
Original post by jimmymacmog
They're still interviewing and I think it's for most of the month so I'd say April, which is annoying since I'm sure it's going to be a rejection and I just want to firm HYMS :P

Ah I see, thank you. Aww don't be so negative, I thought hyms was sure to be a rejection and I was pleasantly surprised :smile: would you still firm hyms even if st Andrews gave you an offer?
Reply 64
Original post by ResaTxxx
Ah I see, thank you. Aww don't be so negative, I thought hyms was sure to be a rejection and I was pleasantly surprised :smile: would you still firm hyms even if st Andrews gave you an offer?

Don't think so, St Andrews is my absolute dream university!
I would insurance HYMS (but there's no reason to really :/ )
I was just in complete love with the medical school in St Andrews but it was my first interview so I was so nervous and forgot my prep haha
Reply 65
Haha :smile: we can both cower in the corner being scared of their intellectual superiority!!
Nope :smile: I've had two rejections and am yet to hear from Leicester. Yourself?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi all, another offer holder here (one of the fortunate 'offer sans-interview' people), not a graduate however so I bow to your superior knowledge!

Haha I can't speak for the other graduates but my mind does this thing where it deletes all the relevant information right after an exam so this "superior knowledge" you speak of is practically nonexistent. (Even though I like to tell myself it's not the case.) :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 66

I am also a school leaver :biggrin:
Reply 67

I'm a school leaver too! :biggrin:
Reply 68
I'm a school leaver too! :biggrin:

Hehe woo!

:smile: it's just so weird that we are all possible study buddies!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 69
Original post by Charlston
Haha I can't speak for the other graduates but my mind does this thing where it deletes all the relevant information right after an exam so this "superior knowledge" you speak of is practically nonexistent. (Even though I like to tell myself it's not the case.) :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha that can't be true!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha that can't be true!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I forget most of the stuff after exams too but I'm sure it all gets stored away (I hope) for when you need it again! :wink:
Reply 71
Don't think so, St Andrews is my absolute dream university!
I would insurance HYMS (but there's no reason to really :/ )
I was just in complete love with the medical school in St Andrews but it was my first interview so I was so nervous and forgot my prep haha

Yeah St Andrews was absolutely incredible! The dissection room and the simulated wards that they showed us around after my interview were so awesome, I really got the feeling that they provided a real top of the range medical education there but I'm just so grateful to have an offer from HYMS, it does really take the pressure off knowing that whatever happens with your other choices you can still be a doctor at the end of the day! Did your interviewers do that thing where one was really friendly and the other one ignored you completely?
Reply 72

hahaha i was starting to feel outnumbered too,
Reply 73
Original post by ResaTxxx
Yeah St Andrews was absolutely incredible! The dissection room and the simulated wards that they showed us around after my interview were so awesome, I really got the feeling that they provided a real top of the range medical education there but I'm just so grateful to have an offer from HYMS, it does really take the pressure off knowing that whatever happens with your other choices you can still be a doctor at the end of the day! Did your interviewers do that thing where one was really friendly and the other one ignored you completely?

Not really. They both seemed to be listening quite intently :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 74
Heyy does anyone know how many weeks we need accommodation for? my mum wants me to start looking, but i know we need accommodation over a certain number of weeks :smile: thanks
Reply 75

haha im also a school leaver but im a reapplicant so got to try get back into the studying mode hahah

any other school leavers?
Reply 76
Original post by Lou1228
Heyy does anyone know how many weeks we need accommodation for? my mum wants me to start looking, but i know we need accommodation over a certain number of weeks :smile: thanks

hey! http://www.hyms.ac.uk/undergraduate/student-life/accommodation
heres the page with all the information on it. i think it tells u about term length and stuff. :biggrin:
So when do we find out which one we're allocated to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 78
Original post by MC9591
hey! http://www.hyms.ac.uk/undergraduate/student-life/accommodation
heres the page with all the information on it. i think it tells u about term length and stuff. :biggrin:

Reply 79
Original post by Dr. Aco Malfoy
So when do we find out which one we're allocated to?

Posted from TSR Mobile

it says around early june i think :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending